Prairie Princess
True Blue Farmgirl

1075 Posts

Jodi
Washington
USA
1075 Posts

Posted - Nov 12 2009 :  1:38:28 PM  Show Profile
I've got some pictures of my kit kats up on my blog! Proud cat mom here, lol. Take a peek... :)

~Jodi

"Women are like teabags...you never know how strong they are until they get into hot water." Eleanor Roosevelt

www.jodielyzabeth.blogspot.com

www.patternprincess.blogspot.com

maggie14
True Blue Farmgirl

6784 Posts

Hannah
Washington
USA
6784 Posts

Posted - Nov 12 2009 :  2:14:48 PM  Show Profile  Send maggie14 a Yahoo! Message
They are so cute Jodi!!!
Hugs,
Channah

If you can dream it, and if you are willing to put forth the work and effort, you can have anything you envision.
Go to Top of Page

Autumn Leaves
True Blue Farmgirl

463 Posts

Jennifer
Northern California
USA
463 Posts

Posted - Nov 12 2009 :  4:19:16 PM  Show Profile
Cute babies, I got four of them myself but only two live in the house and one is a doggie! Gotta love them furbabies!

Warm Wishes
Jennifer

Never let yesterday use up too much of today - Will Rogers
http://jenscountrylife.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Nov 12 2009 :  6:36:34 PM  Show Profile
Wow Jodi:
You and I have alot in common; I'm a dreamer, a child of God, a chocoholic, I have 7 cats, I strongly advocate cat rescue, and all of my cats are spayed and neutered! I loved your blog.
Oliver, Elliot, Teddy, and Dali are too cute!!!!!
Marly

"It's only when we truly know and understand that we have a limited time on earth- and that we have no way of knowing when our time is up- that we will begin to live each day to the fullest, as if it was the only one we had." Elisabeth Kurler-Ross
Go to Top of Page

Hosanna
True Blue Farmgirl

466 Posts

Hosanna
Alton Virginia
466 Posts

Posted - Nov 12 2009 :  6:41:06 PM  Show Profile
Love them. But they are not quite as cute as my Brutus, Cosette, Phileppe, and Splat - almost but not quite. :) LOL

www.happilyeverafterhosanna.blogspot.com
www.thewindofheaven.blogspot.com
www.CarolinaRoses.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

Cindy Lou
True Blue Farmgirl

2325 Posts

Susan
Lonsdale MN
USA
2325 Posts

Posted - Nov 13 2009 :  09:20:45 AM  Show Profile
I especially love the picture of Oliver in the cap, truely adorable!
While I was at your blog I noticed your bathroom makeover. So cozy looking and beautiful color. I might "borrow" some ideas!

Rescue cats is the name of the game here too. In fact DH found one, Freya, near an abandoned farm building. She was SO tiny, but dived into our dry cat food the moment he brought her in, but still didn't know how to drink from a dish. She slept on top of our Aussie pup and at about 9 months he adopted her, cleaned her and cuddled her. One of my favorite memories is her sound asleep on top of the Willie rising and falling with his breath.

"You can't roller skate in a buffalo herd.....
But you can be happy if you've a mind to. All you've gotta do in knuckle down, buckle down and do it, do it, do it!"
Go to Top of Page

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Nov 13 2009 :  10:15:11 AM  Show Profile
Susan:
I'm happy to read that you and your husband believe taking in rescue cats. Hurray for both of you. The cats I have are all rescued cats. They make me laugh, smile, and just keep me entertained.
Marly

"It's only when we truly know and understand that we have a limited time on earth- and that we have no way of knowing when our time is up- that we will begin to live each day to the fullest, as if it was the only one we had." Elisabeth Kurler-Ross
Go to Top of Page

FebruaryViolet
True Blue Farmgirl

4810 Posts

Jonni
Elsmere Kentucky
USA
4810 Posts

Posted - Nov 13 2009 :  10:17:51 AM  Show Profile
Ceeeuuuties! I love rambunctious kitties! Thanks for posting--the one of the black baby in the instrument case cracks me up!

Musings from our family in the Bluegrass http://sweetvioletmae.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

Prairie Princess
True Blue Farmgirl

1075 Posts

Jodi
Washington
USA
1075 Posts

Posted - Nov 13 2009 :  12:55:26 PM  Show Profile
Thanks for the fun comments on my 'children', ladies!!
I don't know, Hosanna...... I guess as cat 'parents' we're entitled to be partial, but.... ;D
Marly, it's good to hear there's kindred spirits out there! :)
Steal all the ideas you want, Cindy Lou! I have TOO many ideas...I had to stop myself from re-designing the bedroom the other day. I mean, I think it's best to wait at least a year before I repaint...(the current paint job is only a few months old LOL)

~Jodi

"Women are like teabags...you never know how strong they are until they get into hot water." Eleanor Roosevelt

www.jodielyzabeth.blogspot.com

www.patternprincess.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

shepherdgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

1008 Posts

Tracy
California
USA
1008 Posts

Posted - Nov 16 2009 :  2:52:55 PM  Show Profile
Jodie! What an inspiration you are in SOOO many ways! Like Marly, I too am a kindred spirit, AND a child of God!!!

I have to say, he has blessed me with so MANY MORE critters than just cats. I also have dogs (3 Chihuahua-monsters and a Maremma who guards my livestock), sheep (20+), goats (over 50!), horses 4), chickens (too many to count!), ducks (5)and one lonely male goose looking for love (LOL!!!). Some of my animals have special needs, some are very OLD and I've had them for a LOOOONG time. I only had 2 spayed female cats for several years, then a friend of mine decided to "Bless" me with a few more. Two were tragically lost to cars, one mysteriously disappeared, but the rest are doing very well and never stray far from the house.

I have 8 cats total, ranging in age from 14+yrs to about 5 or 6 months. They are "Scarlet O'Hairball" (she's a VERY crotchety old lady of 14+), "JigglyPuff" (10yrs), "Jade" (about 7-- she was left behind by some neighbors nearly 2yrs ago), "Butch" and his brother "Sundance" (aka "Sunny" for short-- they're about a yr old), "Big Shug" (pronounced "Shoog" got him at a feed store), almost a yr old, "Roxanne", (also nearly a year) and, the baby of the bunch at about 5 or 6 mos, "Reggie."

I have to admit, Reggie is my favorite. He's such a BIG cat, but still a KITTEN in every way! He is one of the cats given to me by my friend who lives just 2 mile away. Something has been killing her poor kitties and Roxanne and Reggie are the last of their respective families. Butch and Sunny came from another town several miles from here. They were from a feral bunch that was going to be destroyed if no one took them in, so my friend volunteered to take them. I agreed to take Butch and Sunny and my friend kept the other three. They have a happy life here, catching rats and mice, hanging out in the barn, getting loved on and being lazy, etc.... It's GOOD to be a cat on our farm!

I believe that saying-- "Cats are like potato chips. You can't have just ONE!" Hugs! (or should I say "Meow?" LOL!!) Tracy

Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away. ~~ George Carlin
Go to Top of Page
  Barnyard Buddies: Previous Topic Pictures of my furbabies!! Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page