Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - Nov 07 2009 :  09:17:18 AM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
I am just having a super hard time with this math. I don't know what it is, but I am having a hard time wrapping my head around the concepts! GRRR I hope I do better on my test than I did on my quiz!

Alee
Farmgirl Sister #8
www.awarmheart.com
www.farmgirlalee.blogspot.com
www.allergyjourneys.blogspot.com
Put your pin on the farmgirl map! www.farmgirlmap.blogspot.com

CountryBorn
True Blue Farmgirl

1545 Posts

Mary Jane
New York
USA
1545 Posts

Posted - Nov 07 2009 :  09:43:10 AM  Show Profile
Alee, I know how hard that is. My daughter had the same problem. She finally made out ok. But, it was a struggle!! She is facing the same thing now with a chemistry class. She just wants to pass and get it over with. I know you will do fine, it is just a stressful time trying to figure this stuff out. Hang in there honey.

MJ

There can be no happiness if the things we believe in are different from the things we do. Freya Stark
Go to Top of Page

southerncrossgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

631 Posts

Gena
Harmony NC
USA
631 Posts

Posted - Nov 07 2009 :  1:20:11 PM  Show Profile
Alee, I feel so bad for you. Math was always so hard for me. I am glad we have calculators!

"A Dream Is A Wish Your Heart Makes"==Cinderella
Go to Top of Page

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Nov 07 2009 :  1:54:58 PM  Show Profile
Alee:
What's the name of the math class? When I quit admitting how much I hated math, that's when I started to do better. Much luck to you.
Marly

"It's only when we truly know and understand that we have a limited time on earth- and that we have no way of knowing when our time is up- that we will begin to live each day to the fullest, as if it was the only one we had." Elisabeth Kurler-Ross
Go to Top of Page

Diane B Carter
True Blue Farmgirl

1270 Posts

Diane
Blasdell N.Y.
USA
1270 Posts

Posted - Nov 07 2009 :  6:28:22 PM  Show Profile
Math was never my favorite subject, My son told me they don't care if you can add & subtract they are looking to see if you can figure out problems, if you can you will get ahead faster. He's an IT administrator, so I'll take his word.
I think some of us are hands on learners (me). Others are just book smart (my sons).
Keep at it & you will do fine. I believe if you study just before you go to bed you will grasp it sooner. How-ever you may not get a good night's rest. Good luck!!

Hope all your days are Sunnydays.
dianebcarterhotmailcom.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

MasterGardener
True Blue Farmgirl

572 Posts

Chandra
Louisiana
USA
572 Posts

Posted - Nov 07 2009 :  6:34:59 PM  Show Profile  Send MasterGardener a Yahoo! Message
I'm with Bear5...I shocked myself when I started saying " I love math, I'm great @ math"...It totally changed how I felt, how I looked @ the course work, the challenges, my attitude made the difference...that's not to say that I instantly understood everything, but it really made a difference in my ability to comprehend.
You'll do great Alee!

Say to them, may the Lord bless you and protect you, May the Lord smile upon you and be gracious to you. May the Lord show you His favor and give you His peace. (Numbers 6:23-26)

.• ´¨¨)) -:¦:-¸.•´ .•´¨¨))
((¸¸.•´ ..• -:¦:- -:¦:- Chandra
-:¦:- ((¸¸.•´Farmgirl Sister #64

Go to Top of Page

kristin sherrill
True Blue Farmgirl

11303 Posts

kristin
chickamauga ga
USA
11303 Posts

Posted - Nov 07 2009 :  6:44:32 PM  Show Profile
Alee, I know what ya mean. I hate math, too. Never did very good at it. I sure hope you get to the point where it just clicks and you sail right on through it. Here's wishing you lots of luck!

Kris

Happiness is simple.
Go to Top of Page

Farmtopia
True Blue Farmgirl

1465 Posts

Zan
New York New York
USA
1465 Posts

Posted - Nov 07 2009 :  8:06:23 PM  Show Profile
I agree! I am not very apt at math--more of an English and writing person, myself!

~*~Dream all you dreamers~*~

View my work:
www.bigtownfarmer.com

And *NEW* Blogs:
Life: www.wildatheartfarm.blogspot.com
art/dolls: www.wildatheartart.blogspot.com
Plan to save America the old fashioned way!
http://wildatheartfarm.blogspot.com/2009/05/big-project.html
Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - Nov 07 2009 :  9:48:22 PM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
Normally I actually kindof like math but our math department is determined to not teach us the principles on how to do this stuff but just how to punch buttons on our graphing calculators- and then they don't give you help with the calculators so I have been trying to do my homework with my calculator manual in one hand (which reads like Greek to me), and my mathbook in the other.

I am taking Finite Math which is basically early calc.

Alee
Farmgirl Sister #8
www.awarmheart.com
Go to Top of Page

BarefootGoatGirl
True Blue Farmgirl

1495 Posts

Corrine
North Carolina
USA
1495 Posts

Posted - Nov 08 2009 :  06:21:22 AM  Show Profile  Send BarefootGoatGirl a Yahoo! Message
alee, i feel for you girl. struggling in a class is no fun. i have the same problem with pattern making.

What we write today slipped into our souls some other day when we were alone and doing nothing.
-Brenda Ueland

http://quilandneedle.blogspot.com/

http://musingandmuttering.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - Nov 08 2009 :  08:48:12 AM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
Well, I am going to tie on an apron, get my dishes and laundry done so I can sit down and focus. I have until midnight tonight to get some sort of understanding of this stuff and take the test. I'll try to convince myself to love math for the day ;)

Alee
Farmgirl Sister #8
www.awarmheart.com
Go to Top of Page

Miss Bee Haven
True Blue Farmgirl

4331 Posts

Janice
Louisville/Irvington Kentucky
USA
4331 Posts

Posted - Nov 09 2009 :  06:27:15 AM  Show Profile  Send Miss Bee Haven a Yahoo! Message
Sending you positive 'math vibes' today, Alee. You can do it! :)

Farmgirl Sister #50

"If you think you've got it nailed down, then what's all that around it?"
'Br.Dave Gardner'
Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - Nov 09 2009 :  06:38:11 AM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
Thanks- I won't know how good or horrible I did for a few days. On to the next section! LOL

Alee
Farmgirl Sister #8
www.awarmheart.com
Go to Top of Page

StarMeadow
True Blue Farmgirl

940 Posts

T
MI
940 Posts

Posted - Nov 09 2009 :  5:03:15 PM  Show Profile
I cannot help you with your math class but I can suggest you get a tutor! Most colleges have tutorial help available in the student center (free). I had one when I was in my undergrad studies for math.... two times a week I went.... He'd always walk me to the car after and say...Just remember Theresa, math is fun! Of course I'd cringe and drive away as fast as possible without burning rubber in the parking lot. To say that I was "stressed" by math is an understatement...I would break out in a rash on my arms and neck and vomit in the bathroom before every test.... No lie! I had a friend who took a different tact...amaretto and coffee in class.

Still... check here...you may have some luck at least with the tutorials, if you know what you are looking for.
http://www.zweigmedia.com/RealWorld/tcfinitep.html

Just remember....math is fun! ;-)
Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - Nov 09 2009 :  7:54:14 PM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
Hi Theresa-

Yes I do use the tutoring service and usually that helps. I run into the problem where I understand it when someone explains it to me, but once I get to the test certain things really hang me up. Mostly it is myself getting into my way, but I really feel this math department is not doing the best job of teaching this particular class.

Alee
Farmgirl Sister #8
www.awarmheart.com
Go to Top of Page
  Across the Fence: Previous Topic I hate my math class Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page