Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Stitching & Crafting Room
 What can ya do with empty tuna can?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Stitching & Crafting Room: Previous Topic What can ya do with empty tuna can? Next Topic
Page: of 2

Moodene
True Blue Farmgirl

353 Posts

Nadine
Devers Texas
USA
353 Posts

Posted - Nov 09 2009 :  4:38:02 PM  Show Profile  Click to see Moodene's MSN Messenger address  Send Moodene a Yahoo! Message
Yup! I got another idea of a project rolling around in my brain...first gotta find me some good glue for glass..anybody know??

Farmgirl #801,finally!
Go to Top of Page

chickenjanedoe
True Blue Farmgirl

96 Posts

Sandy
Claypool Indiana
USA
96 Posts

Posted - Dec 03 2009 :  6:06:59 PM  Show Profile
Tuna cans make great personal sized cakes. First make sure they are rinsed out really good then you can use the them for making things things like brownies or individual pineapple upside down cakes. The pineapple rings just fit in the bottom. They are the perfect size for cooking in a toaster oven or in a little coleman camp stove oven. Or just place a whole bunch on a cookie sheet and bake. They're great for carry-ins. I made these for my husband to take to inventory day and all the guys loved them. The guys all said they were better than cupcakes because there was no paper to mess with and they perfectly man sized.
Go to Top of Page

Moodene
True Blue Farmgirl

353 Posts

Nadine
Devers Texas
USA
353 Posts

Posted - Dec 06 2009 :  06:34:48 AM  Show Profile  Click to see Moodene's MSN Messenger address  Send Moodene a Yahoo! Message
LOL..well see what your brains can come with by using a tuna can...and also..you can cut the bottom lid off..all you have is the round ring..use a pair of pliers and gloves..to make your own cookie cutters...

Farmgirl #801
Go to Top of Page

chickenjanedoe
True Blue Farmgirl

96 Posts

Sandy
Claypool Indiana
USA
96 Posts

Posted - Dec 06 2009 :  11:28:29 AM  Show Profile
If you decide to bake in them the best way to get the fishy smell out is to bake the empty cans @400 for 10-15 minutes.
Go to Top of Page

janiee
True Blue Farmgirl

820 Posts

Janie
Shawnee Oklahoma
USA
820 Posts

Posted - Dec 10 2009 :  11:43:23 AM  Show Profile
Was reading a book the other day at my mom's and in it was a suggestion of using an empty tuna can, punch holes (with nails) in the bottom and setting them between plants (the illustration was 4 plants) in your garden. Then when you water the garden, you fill the can and the holes let the water out to the plants at a slower rate....plan on trying it next spring.
janiee
farmgirl #390
Go to Top of Page

Red River Hen
True Blue Farmgirl

183 Posts

Nancy
Ardmore Oklahoma
USA
183 Posts

Posted - Dec 10 2009 :  3:55:53 PM  Show Profile
Use them as a biscuit cutter :)

~sitting by the pot bellied stove in the cabin~ Nancy
Go to Top of Page

Choctaw Farm Gal
Farmgirl in Training

46 Posts

Nancy
Oklahoma
46 Posts

Posted - Dec 12 2009 :  10:12:11 AM  Show Profile
They make great bottoms for creating pin cushions (painted or covered with cloth) & I like to paint and use them to store small nails in my tool shed.

~Nancy
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Stitching & Crafting Room: Previous Topic What can ya do with empty tuna can? Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page