Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Stitching & Crafting Room
 directions say (Right side) of knitting??????
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Stitching & Crafting Room: Previous Topic directions say (Right side) of knitting?????? Next Topic  

MasterGardener
True Blue Farmgirl

572 Posts

Chandra
Louisiana
USA
572 Posts

Posted - Nov 04 2009 :  08:40:12 AM  Show Profile  Send MasterGardener a Yahoo! Message
I am learning to knit...I am 3/4's of the way into a project and the directions now say (Right side) ???????...well, all this time I thought I was ON the right side, so, please..."splain it to me Lucy"

When knitting, how do I determine what the "right side" of the work is? Is it the knit side, the purl side, do I have to move the work to the other needle???

Say to them, may the Lord bless you and protect you, May the Lord smile upon you and be gracious to you. May the Lord show you His favor and give you His peace. (Numbers 6:23-26)

.• ´¨¨)) -:¦:-¸.•´ .•´¨¨))
((¸¸.•´ ..• -:¦:- -:¦:- Chandra
-:¦:- ((¸¸.•´Farmgirl Sister #64

Edited by - MasterGardener on Nov 04 2009 09:15:55 AM

Aunt Jenny
True Blue Farmgirl

11381 Posts

Jenny
middle of Utah
USA
11381 Posts

Posted - Nov 04 2009 :  10:00:02 AM  Show Profile
By right side they mean what you are looking at (the fabric you are making) not which needle you are on. So if you are on the right side of a knitted row you will see little Vs, on the purl side you will see bumps on the right side. The side that will be "out"...like the outside of a sweater, sock or whatever is the right side. I hope that helps and doesn't confuse you more.

Jenny in Utah
Proud Farmgirl sister #24
Inside me there is a skinny woman crying to get out...but I can usually shut her up with cookies
http://www.auntjennysworld.blogspot.com/ visit my little online shop at www.auntjenny.etsy.com

Edited by - Aunt Jenny on Nov 04 2009 1:36:07 PM
Go to Top of Page

MasterGardener
True Blue Farmgirl

572 Posts

Chandra
Louisiana
USA
572 Posts

Posted - Nov 04 2009 :  10:13:40 AM  Show Profile  Send MasterGardener a Yahoo! Message
Thank you sooo much Jenny!

Say to them, may the Lord bless you and protect you, May the Lord smile upon you and be gracious to you. May the Lord show you His favor and give you His peace. (Numbers 6:23-26)

.• ´¨¨)) -:¦:-¸.•´ .•´¨¨))
((¸¸.•´ ..• -:¦:- -:¦:- Chandra
-:¦:- ((¸¸.•´Farmgirl Sister #64

Go to Top of Page
  Stitching & Crafting Room: Previous Topic directions say (Right side) of knitting?????? Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page