Author Barnyard Buddies: Previous Topic nicknames for your pets? Next Topic  

maggie14
True Blue Farmgirl

6784 Posts

Hannah
Washington
USA
6784 Posts

Posted - Oct 27 2009 :  3:47:56 PM  Show Profile  Send maggie14 a Yahoo! Message
Do you have nicknames for your pets? Mine are Essie for Esther, Jojo ( I have no idea where that came from) for Joey and Sadie for SadieMae. But most of the time I'll call them cutie, baby, buddy boy ( for joey), sweetie, sweetiepie, things like that.
Channah

If you can dream it, and if you are willing to put forth the work and effort, you can have anything you envision.

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Oct 27 2009 :  4:17:59 PM  Show Profile
I have a cat name Gracie. Sometimes I call her "Fluff-cat", because she is a long hair cat.
Marly

"It's only when we truly know and understand that we have a limited time on earth- and that we have no way of knowing when our time is up- that we will begin to live each day to the fullest, as if it was the only one we had." Elisabeth Kurler-Ross
Go to Top of Page

Hosanna
True Blue Farmgirl

466 Posts

Hosanna
Alton Virginia
466 Posts

Posted - Oct 27 2009 :  5:04:37 PM  Show Profile
I call my cats anything but their actual names.... "Fuzzy-Wuzz", "Kid", "Budda," "Punkin" "Turd bucket" "Punk".....
We had a horse we called "Poocus". We have another we call the "red-headed snippet."

www.happilyeverafterhosanna.blogspot.com
www.thewindofheaven.blogspot.com
www.CarolinaRoses.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

ClaireSky
True Blue Farmgirl

1792 Posts

Julie
Arcadia WI
USA
1792 Posts

Posted - Oct 27 2009 :  5:15:53 PM  Show Profile  Send ClaireSky an AOL message  Send ClaireSky a Yahoo! Message
My schnauzer/rat terrier mix is named Maggie May and I call her "Mags". My purebred LLassa Apso is named Ali. But I call her "little one" because she is only 12 pounds compared to the other one which is over weight and weighs 23 pounds. My cockatiel is called Eddie but I call him "pretty bird" because he repeats it.

Julie
Farmgirl Sister #399
West-Central WI Farmgirls

Folks will know how large your soul is by the way you treat a dog...Charles F. Doran

Edited by - ClaireSky on Oct 27 2009 5:16:44 PM
Go to Top of Page

Prairie Princess
True Blue Farmgirl

1075 Posts

Jodi
Washington
USA
1075 Posts

Posted - Oct 27 2009 :  5:42:19 PM  Show Profile
Oliver goes by Boog, Little Man, or Olive...Dali goes by Dal, Dals, and Daliman...Lucy goes by Lu, LuLu, and Missy Lu...Elliot goes by El and Els...Kudos gets called Missy or pretty girl...Teddy goes by Ted, Teds, Teddy the Tassle Terror (for pulling tassles off decorative pillows )...and Poe gets called The Poe-ster or The Mighty Poe....and all the boys get Mister when they're in trouble, lol.

~Jodi

"Women are like teabags...you never know how strong they are until they get into hot water." Eleanor Roosevelt

www.jodielyzabeth.blogspot.com

www.patternprincess.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

simone947
Farmgirl in Training

34 Posts

sarah
peru NY
34 Posts

Posted - Oct 27 2009 :  6:44:30 PM  Show Profile
i take great pride in annoying my fiance and roomate by making cutesy rhymey names with all the animals. there is Annie Bannanie (Annie Oakley the cattle dog), Blaze-A-Raze (for Blaze the holstein) Shana-Banana (Shana the Holstein, I know dock me points for lack of creativity, I have a Banana and a Bannanie) and then I have non-rhyming nicknames for some of the other animals- Broccoliii or Brock-Star for Brock the cat, Schmello for Dello the cat, there is many more.
Go to Top of Page

asnedecor
True Blue Farmgirl

1054 Posts

Anne
Portland Or
USA
1054 Posts

Posted - Oct 27 2009 :  6:56:10 PM  Show Profile
Our cats - George, Gracie and Miss Kitty are called anything from buddy, to young lady, little girl, little boy, fuzz face and pookie.

Anne in Portland OR

"Weeds are flowers too, once you get to know them" Eyeore from Winnie the Pooh
Go to Top of Page

1badmamawolf
True Blue Farmgirl

2199 Posts

Teresa
"Bent Fence Farms" Ca
USA
2199 Posts

Posted - Oct 27 2009 :  6:57:54 PM  Show Profile
I would have MASS confusion around here if I gave everyone nick names, so no they don't have them, but, their real names, most are some what unusual to begin with, does that count?? Queensland/pit mix is Ifa, Staff bull terrier is Pebbles, wolf/dog is Jerico, rat terrier is Pickles, carin terrier is Ruby, cat is YOYO, cat is Whisper, Cat is orphan Andy, cat is Lonesome Larry, Amazon parrot is Herbie, cockateil is Freddie the Freeloader, parakeets are BOBO and Sherbert, my swiss brown is Molly Moo Cow, the ponies are Kaos, Cootiebug and Powder. Anyway you get the picture, lol.

"Treat the earth well, it was not given to you by your parents, it was loaned to you by your children"
Go to Top of Page

Sarahpauline
True Blue Farmgirl

672 Posts

sarah
Ringgold GA
USA
672 Posts

Posted - Oct 27 2009 :  6:58:15 PM  Show Profile
Mobsie poo-poo whiskers... *blush**

Not all those who wander are lost...
www.SarahPauline.com
www.AbraxasBaroque.com
Go to Top of Page

Autumn Leaves
True Blue Farmgirl

463 Posts

Jennifer
Northern California
USA
463 Posts

Posted - Oct 27 2009 :  7:12:36 PM  Show Profile
Ardbark the dog is "Ardie" or "Bob", Heelboom the cat is "Boomer". Then we have MaMa Kitty, Boy Kitty and I've only named two of the 30 or so chickens and they are Homer & Marge. ALL spoiled completely rotten.

Warm Wishes
Jennifer

Never let yesterday use up too much of today - Will Rogers
http://jenscountrylife.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

dutchy
True Blue Farmgirl

4427 Posts

4427 Posts

Posted - Oct 28 2009 :  12:02:10 AM  Show Profile
I call Pinky Pinkadoodles often, lol. Sometimes monster, often sweetie.

Hugs from Marian/Dutchy, a farmgirl from the Netherlands :)

My personal blog:
http://just-me-a-dutch-girl.blogspot.com/

Almost daily updates on me and mine :)
Go to Top of Page

ClaireSky
True Blue Farmgirl

1792 Posts

Julie
Arcadia WI
USA
1792 Posts

Posted - Oct 28 2009 :  03:24:07 AM  Show Profile  Send ClaireSky an AOL message  Send ClaireSky a Yahoo! Message
Dutchy... yours must me a poodle? cute name!

Julie
Farmgirl Sister #399
West-Central WI Farmgirls

Folks will know how large your soul is by the way you treat a dog...Charles F. Doran
Go to Top of Page

dutchy
True Blue Farmgirl

4427 Posts

4427 Posts

Posted - Oct 28 2009 :  05:33:19 AM  Show Profile
Julie, nope she is a kitten, almost 6 months old. lol. OOPS She is 6 months and 4 days today

Hugs from Marian/Dutchy, a farmgirl from the Netherlands :)

My personal blog:
http://just-me-a-dutch-girl.blogspot.com/

Almost daily updates on me and mine :)

Edited by - dutchy on Oct 28 2009 05:34:18 AM
Go to Top of Page

Annab
True Blue Farmgirl

2900 Posts

Anna
Seagrove NC
USA
2900 Posts

Posted - Oct 28 2009 :  06:05:03 AM  Show Profile
Our dog Jasmine, we call her Big Bad Jaz

Sam, one of our cats I call him Happy Sambo, or Sambo Kitty

And Katie our other cat I call her Katie Pity or Pity (instead of kitty)
Go to Top of Page

southerncrossgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

631 Posts

Gena
Harmony NC
USA
631 Posts

Posted - Oct 28 2009 :  07:16:51 AM  Show Profile
I just have nicknames for the dogs. My Yorkie's name is Stella and I call her Stella Vanilla, my Bernese Mt Dog's name is Annabelle and I call her Belle, and my Great Pyrenes name is Lily and I call her Lily White.

"A Dream Is A Wish Your Heart Makes"==Cinderella
Go to Top of Page

82kygal
True Blue Farmgirl

548 Posts

Laura
Somerset Kentucky
USA
548 Posts

Posted - Oct 28 2009 :  08:11:13 AM  Show Profile
Hee Hee how funny. I have a lab his real name is Major Payne I call him Maj or Old man. My one Jack Russell is Nelson or I call him Schmedley. And my baby jack russell is Roscoe but for what ever reason hubby calls him Pee Wee I call him Stinkleton. My cat is Little Bit but she is just called "The Puud".. (Puuddy tat)

With God, all things are possible. (Mark 10:27)
What ever you are, be a good one. (Abe Lincoln)
Go to Top of Page

Betty J.
True Blue Farmgirl

1404 Posts

Betty
Pasco WA
USA
1404 Posts

Posted - Oct 28 2009 :  08:16:05 AM  Show Profile
I call mine (dog) Penny the Pooch, and DS #2 named her Pennywhistle Muffinhead.

Betty in Pasco
Go to Top of Page

acairnsmom
True Blue Farmgirl

1319 Posts

audrey
cheyenne wy
1319 Posts

Posted - Oct 29 2009 :  3:39:34 PM  Show Profile
Oh goodness, yes! My little Cairn has lots of pet names, in the spring he's "Mickey Mudpuddle, when I come home from work he's Boo. His real name is Hobbs and he often gets called Hobbie, Hobbit, Hobbwillian. I think there are more but those are the ones he gets called the most.

Audrey

Toto, we're not in Kansas any more!
Go to Top of Page

nubidane
True Blue Farmgirl

2906 Posts

Lisa
Georgetown OH
2906 Posts

Posted - Oct 29 2009 :  4:44:09 PM  Show Profile
Jack-Wacko Jacko, Jack-aboy. Scout-Coutie. Ranger-Range.
But most of all I sing songs about them. My fave is "Hound DOg" which I sing to my dog Jack, my black mouth cur, especially the line "Well they said you was high class, but that was just a lie".
Go to Top of Page

Mad Typist
True Blue Farmgirl

55 Posts

Faith
Vermont
55 Posts

Posted - Oct 29 2009 :  5:09:40 PM  Show Profile
My hubbie nicknamed our dog Annie "PJ", which he says stands for "Puppy Jr" (don't ask me why!) and insists that Annabelle was the name they gave her at the animal shelter, even though it wasn't! He's also nicknamed Jeda the greyhoud "J-Dog"...and the poor dog was already on her third name when she came home to us from the rescue! :O

Savor Happy Accidents...
Go to Top of Page

LakeOntarioFarmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

933 Posts

Brenda
North Rose NY
USA
933 Posts

Posted - Oct 29 2009 :  5:30:28 PM  Show Profile
Oh, I do! They tend to be added on to their names though, as Bonnie I will call Bonnie girl, and Bear is usually Baby Bear. DH though calls Bear "your fluffernutter" since he's my big lap dog, and he tends to call Bonnie "Holly" which was the name of our first Golden Retriever. (I think that's more of a memory lapse thing though....)
Sigh.... wouldn't you think at middle age, we'd out grow this?!!

Brenda
FarmGirl # 711

http://theviewfromhere-brenda.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

Faransgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

895 Posts

Beth
Houston Texas
USA
895 Posts

Posted - Nov 04 2009 :  7:01:14 PM  Show Profile
We have Jasmine - Jaz, Mab is Mabatutimous, Layla is Baby Girl, Robbie is Robert Bailey, Tristan is "The Thundering Wildabeast, and our office dog's name is Niki but we call her Niblet. Skinner is "the Barbarian" or Conan.

Farmgirl Sister 572

May the force of the horse be with you.
Go to Top of Page

Celticheart
True Blue Farmgirl

811 Posts

Marcia
WA
USA
811 Posts

Posted - Nov 04 2009 :  8:51:26 PM  Show Profile
I call the dog all sorts of things but usually Cubbie-girl or MissieMoo, her name is Cubbie. We also have one chicken with a name, Sparkle, named by my granddaughter. My heifer is Jazz, short for Jasmine. She's the daughter of Daisy Duke.

It's not about being perfect, but enjoying what you do. Set aside time to be creative.

Robyn Pandolph

Go to Top of Page

KayB
True Blue Farmgirl

540 Posts

Kay
Del City Oklahoma
USA
540 Posts

Posted - Nov 05 2009 :  07:36:19 AM  Show Profile
Our boxer girl is named Penny, but everyone calls her Twister because of the way she jumps around and our mutt boy is named Jake, but everyone calls him either Jakey or Jakers.

KayB

Life's a dance you learn as you go
Go to Top of Page
  Barnyard Buddies: Previous Topic nicknames for your pets? Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page