MyGreenGravity
True Blue Farmgirl

69 Posts

Michelle
OH
USA
69 Posts

Posted - Oct 27 2009 :  07:54:18 AM  Show Profile
I'm thinking to do this. Anyone done this and can you offer some advice on start-up?

Michelle
www.mygreengravity.blogspot.com

ceejay48
Farmgirl Legend/Schoolmarm/Sharpshooter

13641 Posts

CeeJay (CJ)
Dolores Colorado
USA
13641 Posts

Posted - Nov 05 2009 :  09:00:22 AM  Show Profile  Send ceejay48 a Yahoo! Message
Hey Michelle,
I do make cards to sell. Been at it for several years. Right now my market is our Farmers Market where I sell a lot of them and have some customers who will call when we are off market season for cards.

I also sell them at craft fairs/Christmas Bazaars (about 3 per year is all we do outside of Farmers Market).

I haven't REALLY tried to market them anywhere else. I have had some on a "store" at shophandmade since April, but NOTHING has sold there.
I live in a rural area and there is not really any place to try to sell them like an artists coop, etc. Maybe someday I'll try to pursue something else . . .set up my own website, etc. Are there places where you live that would be possibilities for putting them for sale?

Have you invested much in supplies? Worked on making samples and trying out supplies?

I don't know if any of this has been helpful, but feel free to ask any further questions.
CJ

...from the barefoot farmgirl in SW Colorado...sister chick #665
Go to Top of Page
  Entrepreneurship: Previous Topic Cards to sell? Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page