Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Across the Fence
 The Leaves are Beautiful this year
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Across the Fence: Previous Topic The Leaves are Beautiful this year Next Topic  

Nancy Gartenman
True Blue Farmgirl

9093 Posts

Nancy
West Seneca New York
USA
9093 Posts

Posted - Oct 26 2009 :  08:06:25 AM  Show Profile
Maybe they are every year I just forget until I see them again. I think its just an amazing thing that nature does. I posted a picture of the trees in my front yard.

www.Nancy-Jo.blogspot.com

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - Oct 26 2009 :  08:25:22 AM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
You are so lucky! We had a week of freezing temps while the leaves were still green so we didn't get much of a foliage display this year. The leaves fell when they were still green!

Alee
Farmgirl Sister #8
www.awarmheart.com
www.farmgirlalee.blogspot.com
www.allergyjourneys.blogspot.com
Put your pin on the farmgirl map! www.farmgirlmap.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Marybeth
True Blue Farmgirl

6418 Posts

Mary Beth
Stanwood Wa 98292
USA
6418 Posts

Posted - Oct 26 2009 :  09:26:30 AM  Show Profile
Yes we have had extra pretty colors this year too. I have posted some on my blogs at different times. The reds , yellows and orange colors have been brilliant. MB

http://www.smallcityscenes.blogspot.com
www.strawberryhillsfarm.blogspot.com
www.day4plus.blogspot.com www.holyhouses-day4plus.blogspot.com
"Life may not be the party we hoped for...but while we are here we might as well dance!"
Go to Top of Page

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Oct 26 2009 :  10:31:09 AM  Show Profile
There is one tree in the lake in the back of our house that has ONE red leaf!!!!!!!!!!!! Here in Louisiana, we don't get much of a colorful change. A couple of years ago, my Sweetie (DH) and I went up to Vermont to see the foliage display. Just beautiful. Marly

"It's only when we truly know and understand that we have a limited time on earth- and that we have no way of knowing when our time is up- that we will begin to live each day to the fullest, as if it was the only one we had." Elisabeth Kurler-Ross
Go to Top of Page

electricdunce
True Blue Farmgirl

2544 Posts

Karin
Belmont ME
USA
2544 Posts

Posted - Oct 26 2009 :  2:47:15 PM  Show Profile
The swamp maples here are always the prettiest, but their leaves are long gone. Many maples with yellow and orange colors remain and the beautiful rust and russet colors of the oak trees are still looking good. i expect one or two more good windy days and i bet they will be gone. It is such a beautiful time of year, the shadows are strong and the light is clear. I love to ramble around on the back roads and admire my favorite trees. Today my daughter and I took even more cemetery pictures in Belfast, lots of beautiful colors still blazing there. I thought the colors were a bit subdued this year, perhaps because of the summer long rainy season, but it still is my favorite time of year. Now to hunt out all the gloves and hats and wool coats...

Karin

Farmgirl Sister #153

"Give me shelter from the storm" - Bob Dylan
http://moodranch.blogspot.com
http://domesticnonsense.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

ddmashayekhi
True Blue Farmgirl

4740 Posts

Dawn
Naperville Illinois
USA
4740 Posts

Posted - Oct 26 2009 :  3:37:04 PM  Show Profile
Every year here in IL autumn is just breathtaking. This year the colors are incredibly vibrant. We spent the weekend at the Morton Arboretum soaking it in! Just when you think that no other fall can be this colorful, the next one is!

Dawn in IL
Go to Top of Page

pinkroses
True Blue Farmgirl

2350 Posts

Sheila
Virginia
USA
2350 Posts

Posted - Oct 27 2009 :  3:01:26 PM  Show Profile
The trees are pretty here too
I think it is because we have had a wetter and cooler autumn
The colors are so vivid. hug sheila

www.ohkayteagirl2.blogspot.com
http;//www.sheilascreativewritings.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page
  Across the Fence: Previous Topic The Leaves are Beautiful this year Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page