Page: of 2

bohemiangel
True Blue Farmgirl

2087 Posts

Bridget
Ligonier pa
USA
2087 Posts

Posted - Nov 23 2009 :  5:35:45 PM  Show Profile  Send bohemiangel an AOL message  Click to see bohemiangel's MSN Messenger address  Send bohemiangel a Yahoo! Message
We've always had a basically simple holiday both Thanksgiving and Christmas. My issues when I was young was rushing to one family and the other because of being FORCED to from having divorced parents. YES, I hate the courts and my dad's lawyer.... lol But now I just enjoy the simplicity that we have. I used to want the perfect this and that, but when you let it happen it IS the perfect one for you, flaws and all. I just put the tree up and the nativity scene out. I want to enjoy decorating and because I'm working A LOT I am putting up piece by piece. hehe We'll be celebrating an early Christmas in Dec. when my Maine family come down for a quick visit.

**~~Farmgirl Sister #60~~**
"... to thine ownself be true."

http://liggybitsandpieces.blogspot.com/
http://ligonierliving.blogspot.com/

Go to Top of Page

UnSophisticatedFarmGirl
Farmgirl at Heart

8 Posts

Jeannie
Elgin Oklahoma
USA
8 Posts

Posted - Nov 27 2009 :  06:26:11 AM  Show Profile
Commercialized Holiday Celebrations are just bad... You have the stress of trying to buy the joy for the family only to be slapped in the face after the day is over with commercials like... Didnt get what you wanted for Christmas... Know how to really make up for that bad gift buying... Then once that is over we are warped into Valentines, Easter, Mothers Day, Fathers day and the cycle goes on and on. Yesterday was the second Thanksgiving to where I can say I was not stressed to entertain. We had a traditional turkey and instead of stressing to have it on the table at 3... we ate everything at our normal time(which I think also helped keep us from over eating the goodies). Afterwards the family blessed me with helping to clean up.

With Christmas around the corner I am trying to see how much further I can make it simple for our family with out going all BAHumbug on them..

Swing By & Say Hi: www.theunsophisticatedfarmgirl.com/

If You Dont Like My Cooking Lower Your Standards!

Grass Fed Eggs Are Best
Go to Top of Page

Annika
True Blue Farmgirl

5602 Posts

Annika

USA
5602 Posts

Posted - Nov 27 2009 :  06:58:33 AM  Show Profile
Wow, we had such a good, quiet holiday here, just the two of us. I usually invite some single friends, but this year we needed the peace and quiet. It was simple and elegant. All of the recipes I knew in my head so not even scrambling for cookbooks! I am now refreshed and looking forward to getting my crafts done by Christmas =)

Annika
Farmgirl & sister #13

Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication. ~Leonardo DaVinci
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Holidays: Previous Topic Wishing for a simpler holiday season Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page