Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Hogs & Quiches & Prayers Round-up
 It just keeps on a comin`
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Hogs & Quiches & Prayers Round-up: Previous Topic It just keeps on a comin` Next Topic  

kmbrown
True Blue Farmgirl

459 Posts

Misty
Waynesboro Pennsylvania
USA
459 Posts

Posted - Oct 24 2009 :  1:13:39 PM  Show Profile
So you gals know it's been a rough pregnancy for me....and it looks like it's going to end with a bang. So I started coughing again two days ago and went to the doctor this morning. I have pneumonia....again.
This is the 3rd time in 6 weeks I've had walking pneumonia. Evidently, I have a small hiatal hernia and Eden is pushing against it. At night I wake up choking because of the acid and I must be asperating some of it, therefore causing pneumonia. SO, they told me take a 7 day round of antibiotic and then it's off to have a baby for me. I've never been induced so I'm a little scared of that thought!!
So I am tired (I got a whopping 3 hours of sleep last night), overwhelmed and sick and now I have this facing me!!!
All of that to say please pray that this little baby would come all on her own before I have to be induced. If she doesn't then just pray I'll be at peace with it all.
Oh yeah....they also told me she is a big baby........isn't that grand!!!!
I really, really appreciate all of your kind words, cards and e-mails that have been sent. They truly bring a smile to these long days!!!

Annika
True Blue Farmgirl

5602 Posts

Annika

USA
5602 Posts

Posted - Oct 24 2009 :  1:25:20 PM  Show Profile
Oh poor gal! *HUGS* I'm so sorry. I've had walking p-monia quite a few time in my life and it just is exhausting and with the baby you must be just dragging. I'm saying prayers for you and Eden and sending you a whopping big old farm girl cheer! Are you on an acid reducer. Reflux is just awful =(

I hope that you have a safe labour and delivery and that sweet little Eden is safe and warm in your arms soon.

Be sure to drink enough fluids, coughing dries you out and your body needs to fight back as best it can right now.

Hugs and prayers and many blessings

Annika
Farmgirl & sister #13

Go to Top of Page

Sitnalta
True Blue Farmgirl

4208 Posts

Jessica
NJ
USA
4208 Posts

Posted - Oct 24 2009 :  5:02:17 PM  Show Profile
Misty,
I wish you didn't have to go through this. I was induced with my Tori, so I know the emotions that run through your head when you think about, at least, I know what mine were. I was so scared.
I will be praying so hard for you and little Eden that she will come all on her own. Also, that the antibiotics will knock out the pneumonia for you.
Just remember, no matter how your little blessing gets here, God has His hands on you and her and He is keeping you both in His precious care!
I am praying you will feel him strong beside you and that you will be able to rest in the peace of mind knowing He is there with you!!
hugs
Hebrews 3:5b

Jessie

People are like stained-glass windows.
They sparkle and shine when the sun is out,
but when the darkness sets in,
their true beauty is revealed only if there is a light from within.

www.messiejessie2.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

FebruaryViolet
True Blue Farmgirl

4810 Posts

Jonni
Elsmere Kentucky
USA
4810 Posts

Posted - Oct 26 2009 :  10:16:05 AM  Show Profile
Sorry you're feeling so horribly! Violet was induced because she was so late and my blood pressure so very high, but honestly, it wasn't at all terrible. The only thing was, that after she was induced, she STILL wouldn't come!

Like Jessie said, Eden will arrive how ever she was meant to...and she'll be a blessing no matter what. Can't think of that right now, though, you have to get yourself better so that you can be a part of her arrival, 100%.

Musings from our family in the Bluegrass http://sweetvioletmae.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

Roxy7
True Blue Farmgirl

1083 Posts

Robin
Denver CO
USA
1083 Posts

Posted - Oct 26 2009 :  9:07:28 PM  Show Profile
Prayers sent and hugs offered.

They said I would have a 10-11 pound baby and when they induced me, he was just over 7 pounds. It wasnt bad to be induced. I had heavy back labor and that was bad because I have a really bad back.

I only had one child so I cant compare it to any other delivery, but the c-section healed pretty well. I was alert in the delivery room. I wouldnt be afraid of it. The downside iw when you are induced you are typically placed on monitors so, walking around and bathing isnt likely to happen.

I hope for your healing and your baby's health!
Go to Top of Page
  Hogs & Quiches & Prayers Round-up: Previous Topic It just keeps on a comin` Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page