Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Hogs & Quiches & Prayers Round-up
 Delaney Update - AWESOME!!!!!!!!!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Hogs & Quiches & Prayers Round-up: Previous Topic Delaney Update - AWESOME!!!!!!!!! Next Topic  

DaisyFarm
True Blue Farmgirl

1646 Posts

Diane
Victoria BC
Canada
1646 Posts

Posted - Oct 22 2009 :  7:11:17 PM  Show Profile

For those who sent postcards and those that prayed for sweet Delaney, here is some wonderful news in a note from her Mom, Stephanie and also a pic of the two of them.

" So we had our interim CT scan results meeting today….and we received excellent news: the cancer has been completely eradicated! We of course are thrilled! – Doctor says this is the very best they could have hoped for. We actually got to see the initial CT scan compared to the current scan. It is truly amazing. From what the doctor says, all the cancer cells are gone – the chemo has done it’s job. No surgery is planned.
Unfortunately this particular type of Rhabdo is extremely aggressive...due to the very aggressive nature of this cancer, Delaney will still have to undergo a year of chemotherapy, and radiation. Radiation will be starting sometime in the next two weeks, and will last for five weeks (once per day). This will no doubt be difficult for Delaney, but is a necessary part of the program to ensure the cancer does not return. Once the chemo and radiation programs are complete – there will still be the two years of nail biting until she is considered cancer free.
So, while Delaney still has a long road ahead of her, there does seem to be a light at the end of this very long tunnel.
For anyone wishing to write Delaney – the hospital has unfortunately returned some mail receive on days when she has not been admitted. If you would like to send something to Delaney, please send it to me and I will ensure it gets to her. I will be posting her new mailing address shortly.
Delaney starts chemo again today – but has next weekend to keep her chin up.
That’s all the excitement for now. Thank you for your continued prayers, well wishes and support!"

4HMom
True Blue Farmgirl

720 Posts

Kelly
Montana
720 Posts

Posted - Oct 22 2009 :  7:28:27 PM  Show Profile
Yay!!!! It is still a long road, but what wonderful news! And such a beautiful smile that young lady has!

"Be the change you want to see in the world" -Gandhi
Go to Top of Page

Marcy
True Blue Farmgirl

2701 Posts

Marcy
Tiverton Rhode Island
USA
2701 Posts

Posted - Oct 23 2009 :  06:02:45 AM  Show Profile
Wonderful news! Will continue to keep you all in my thoughts and prayers and please keep us posted on how things are going. You just made my day a little brighter!

Farmgirl #170

Since you get more joy out of giving joy to others, you should put a good deal of thought into the happiness that you are able to give...Eleanor Roosevelt

http://marcysworldofcreativity.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

Ga Girl
True Blue Farmgirl

2355 Posts

Karen
Meansville Ga.
USA
2355 Posts

Posted - Oct 23 2009 :  06:28:41 AM  Show Profile
That is great news! God is so good! Thank you for the update! She will continue to be lifted up in prayers. Blessings,Karen

Create in me a pure heart,O God and renew a steadfast spirit within me. Psalms 51:10
www.KKJD1.etsy.com
http://farmgirlingastyle.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

yarnmamma
True Blue Farmgirl

4247 Posts

Linda
Clarks Summit PA
USA
4247 Posts

Posted - Oct 23 2009 :  06:55:57 AM  Show Profile  Send yarnmamma a Yahoo! Message
so good to hear! thanks for the update and congrats!!

Linda in Scranton, PA
Go to Top of Page

CountryBorn
True Blue Farmgirl

1545 Posts

Mary Jane
New York
USA
1545 Posts

Posted - Oct 23 2009 :  06:58:47 AM  Show Profile
One step at a time one day at a ttime and this is a GREAT day!! I am so happy for Delany and all of you. she is a courageous young woman, I will continue to pray for her and all of you. I know she still has a long road ahead, but, today is certainly one to celebrate!

Hugs Mary Jane

There can be no happiness if the things we believe in are different from the things we do. Freya Stark
Go to Top of Page

Marybeth
True Blue Farmgirl

6418 Posts

Mary Beth
Stanwood Wa 98292
USA
6418 Posts

Posted - Oct 23 2009 :  07:04:47 AM  Show Profile
Very EXCITING!!! MB

http://www.smallcityscenes.blogspot.com
www.strawberryhillsfarm.blogspot.com
www.day4plus.blogspot.com www.holyhouses-day4plus.blogspot.com
"Life may not be the party we hoped for...but while we are here we might as well dance!"
Go to Top of Page

julia hayes
True Blue Farmgirl

1132 Posts

julia
medical lake wa
USA
1132 Posts

Posted - Oct 25 2009 :  12:42:37 PM  Show Profile
Diane, would you PLEASE email me with your address so I can send something to Delaney! I have the PERFECT thing!! Aria was sent a really AWESOME hat from the mother of one of the farmgirls here along with her story. She asked that I pass it along to someone when I felt like the time was right including her story as well as Aria's. Delaney is IT!! That photograph just spoke to me!!

I have somehow missed this story..or if I read it, I did not file it in my memory but let me tell you, it is there now! I am sending all my love to you and this BEAUTIFUL family!! WOW..What a GREAT update...what a long road... I know this road well..this journey...Oh....I can't wait to pack this up and send it along. I tell you, all the farmgirl love sent to me is finally putting me in a place where I can turn it around...It is such a honor and a privilege.

My blessings and my light always! ~julia

being simple to simply be
Farmgirl #30
www.julia42.etsy.com
www.about-aria.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

DaisyFarm
True Blue Farmgirl

1646 Posts

Diane
Victoria BC
Canada
1646 Posts

Posted - Oct 25 2009 :  11:56:07 PM  Show Profile
I don't have the new address from Stephanie, but have emailed her and will let you know as soon as I receive it.
Thank you so much Julia.
Diane
Go to Top of Page
  Hogs & Quiches & Prayers Round-up: Previous Topic Delaney Update - AWESOME!!!!!!!!! Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page