Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Fabulous Farm Collectibles
 *Farmgirl Barter™
 Year round Secret Santa! Update: Dec. 21!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author *Farmgirl Barter™: Previous Topic Year round Secret Santa! Update: Dec. 21! Next Topic
Page: of 4

LakeOntarioFarmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

933 Posts

Brenda
North Rose NY
USA
933 Posts

Posted - Oct 22 2009 :  6:01:20 PM  Show Profile
UPDATE: Decmeber 21. Everyone should have received an email from me with all your information for who you will be secret sister to!!! The first mail by date is January 20th. Don't put your return address on envelopes/packages!!! You can use the Mary Janes Farm address: MaryJanesFarm, PO Box 8691, Moscow, Idaho, 83843.
UPDATE!! December 10!
Only one day left to sign up! I am very impressed with all of you! I just need information from one more person, which means that I will hopefully be able to match everyone up tomorrow afternoon, and send you all your emails!! Thanks so much everyone for your prompt responses! We have a big group here, over 30 of us! This should be lots of fun!

NEW UPDATE!! NOVEMBER 30!!
We have a lot of interest in this! It should be very fun! I can't wait to match up all you secret santas, lol!! I still need info from a few of you! If it doesn't say info received after your name at the bottom, that means I haven't received it from you! Please send it to me as soon as possible!!! If you have signed up and have since changed your mind, please just drop me a quick note, and I will take you off the list!
Only 12 more days left to sign up!!!!

UPDATE: November 17- Very important!!!!
If you have not sent me an email with all your info please do so! :) I am confirming each ladies sign up with a return email with the guidelines, and I have also marked you off before when I've received your profile and address. I do have some of your email addresses all ready in my contact list, but there are a few of you who I don't.
I will continue to post dated updates in this first post to make them easier to find!

UPDATE!!!!!!
We have lots of you girls interested in this. Please see names at the bottom of this post.
When you sign up please send me an email with your name and address, plus the following:
Birthday, Anniversary, favorite color, favorite season, hobbies (sewing, quilting, crafts, garden, animals, reading, etc.), kitchen colors. Anything you strongly dislike- colors, flavors, scents, etc.

RULES AND GUIDE:
You can send as early each month as you wish, but MUST send by the 20th at the latest. If you cannot make this deadline, please let me know! Keep in mind if you want to send for something like Valentine's Day you will need to mail earlier, you could even send it with the month's before.
When you sign up I will email you the guidelines that I came up with (see sample below) for each month. Please do not feel you have to follow these, they are just ideas. ***** Note- except for the 2 months I have designated as months when you are doing something for someone else, these do have to be followed. BUT, you may also send something to your secret sister that month too. These 2 months will be May and November.
Maximum to spend each moth is $5.00 unless otherwise noted. It doesn't have to be exact. You will mail your package however you want to. (Priority, first class, parcel, etc.)
If you choose to send a book(s) some months, you may send media mail. The package can only contain books, nothing else, and must be marked on the outside "media mail" (post office rules). Media mail may take longer to arrive but is generally not too bad, and is the cheapest way to send books.
The last package- Christmas needs to be mailed by December 10th and will include your reveal! Minimum amount to spend for that month will be $10.00 plus shipping.
Handmade/homemade items are great! Seeing as we are all farm girls, this would be a wonderful thing to receive each month! Vintage, craft markets, even sometimes antique stores can be great ideas for little items that say I care!
That's it for the rules!

I always loved the year round secret santa swaps that my mom took part in. Every month she would receive a card, letter and/or small package from her secret Santa. This started in January with it ending in December with a little extra special Christmas package. She did this for many years!
I had an idea for donating to an orphan, single mom, or someone just struggling for a couple of the months. I had an idea for every month.
For instance:
January-Winters chill is in the air, send your secret pal something that reminds you of the signs of winter- cocoa or coffee mixes, crocheted snowflakes, a snuggly scarf, warm slippers.
May- means Memorial Day. Make or purchase a little something to give to a veteran this month. Or, go and read a book, play a game with, or just talk to a veteran who is alone in a VA hospital. Then, send a card to your secret pal telling them what you did.
August- These are the hot, lazy days of summer. A favorite book(used is fine), hand made fan, embellished flip flops plus your favorite recipe for a cool summer supper.
These are just a few ideas.

Brenda- LakeOntarioFarmgirl
Jennifer- Autumn Leaves- info received
Toni- Antoinette- info received
Kelly- 4HMom- info received
Diana- Gramadinah-info received
Marcy- Marcelina Ann- info received
Sarah- chaddsgirl- info received
Victoria- EastTXFarmgirl-info received
Melanie- Mellaisbella- info received
Tammy- tea_lady_Tammy- info received
Glenda- glendagoldenbp- info received
Marlene- MBurns- info received
ceejay(CJ)- ceejay48- info received
Michele- Vintagediva1- info received
Sue- junebug- info received
Karen- lulubell- info received
Karen- KKprice- info received
Vickie- MollyMaude- info received
Laura- Purdy Farm Girl- info received
Jonnie- mtngirljon-info received
Sherry- Lynner- info received
Janie- janiee- info received
Cindy- Cindy Stambaugh- info received
Kimberly Ann- Cherry Pie-info received
Susan- Cindy Lou- info received
Wende- WENDE- info received
Lynn- Lynn Marie- info received
Joan- ijjie- info received
Patti- Patti Ann- info received
Rhonda- blessedspotfarm- info received
Lorie- Lorie Marler- info received
Cathie- Cathie Ross- info received
Becky- Becky Lynn-info received
Tina- cajungrammie-info received
Becca- beccaroo-info received
Gerri- weaverchic- info received
Nellie- sewlazie- info received
Bonnie- bbteacher- info received
Kathryn- Kayce- info received
Mikki- Mikki- info received
Anne Mary- annemary-info received
Gayle- Gigi58- info received
Brenda
FarmGirl # 711

http://theviewfromhere-brenda.blogspot.com/

Edited by - LakeOntarioFarmgirl on Dec 21 2009 1:00:38 PM

antoinette
True Blue Farmgirl

826 Posts

Toni
East Freedom PA
USA
826 Posts

Posted - Oct 22 2009 :  6:33:13 PM  Show Profile
Hi Brenda, I would be interested!! Toni
Go to Top of Page

4HMom
True Blue Farmgirl

720 Posts

Kelly
Montana
720 Posts

Posted - Oct 22 2009 :  6:42:06 PM  Show Profile
I would be interested in something like this...let me know.

"Be the change you want to see in the world" -Gandhi
Go to Top of Page

Autumn Leaves
True Blue Farmgirl

463 Posts

Jennifer
Northern California
USA
463 Posts

Posted - Oct 22 2009 :  6:53:53 PM  Show Profile
Brenda, you are so kind to take on another project. I would love to take part, keep us informed. Thank-you

Warm Wishes
Jennifer

Never let yesterday use up too much of today - Will Rogers
http://jenscountrylife.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

gramadinah
True Blue Farmgirl

3557 Posts

Diana
Orofino ID
USA
3557 Posts

Posted - Oct 22 2009 :  7:29:40 PM  Show Profile
Please count me in.

Diana

Farmgirl Sister #273
Go to Top of Page

Marcy
True Blue Farmgirl

2701 Posts

Marcy
Tiverton Rhode Island
USA
2701 Posts

Posted - Oct 23 2009 :  05:55:47 AM  Show Profile
This sounds great! Please add me to the list and thanks for putting this together.

Farmgirl #170

Since you get more joy out of giving joy to others, you should put a good deal of thought into the happiness that you are able to give...Eleanor Roosevelt

http://marcysworldofcreativity.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

chaddsgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

843 Posts

Sarah
Farmgirl Sisterhood #639 MO
USA
843 Posts

Posted - Oct 23 2009 :  08:00:08 AM  Show Profile
Oh absolutely! Count me in!

A person is a success if they get up in the morning and get to bed at night and in between does what they want to do. Bob Dylan
Go to Top of Page

MegH
Farmgirl in Training

15 Posts

Meagan
Concord Georgia
USA
15 Posts

Posted - Oct 23 2009 :  10:43:00 AM  Show Profile
I think this is a great idea!! Im in deffinatley!
<<MEG

Through many dangers, toils and snares
I have already come, 'Tis grace hath brought me safe thus far And grace with lead me home.
Go to Top of Page

Futters
True Blue Farmgirl

608 Posts

Michelle & Ashley
CA
USA
608 Posts

Posted - Oct 23 2009 :  1:35:28 PM  Show Profile
Please include me.

Have a good day!

Michelle
Farmgirl #760

Friendship is always a sweet responsibility, never an opportunity.
http://thetatteredquiltcottage.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

EastTXFarmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

731 Posts

Victoria
Farmgirl #549 TX
USA
731 Posts

Posted - Oct 23 2009 :  5:06:10 PM  Show Profile
I love this idea count me in.

Begin each morning with a song in your heart.
Go to Top of Page

mellaisbella
True Blue Farmgirl

1862 Posts

melanie
living on Anne of Green Gables land
Canada
1862 Posts

Posted - Oct 24 2009 :  05:05:26 AM  Show Profile
what a great idea! count me in too please!

"we must be the change we wish to see in the world"
farmgal #150
Go to Top of Page

tea_lady_tammy
True Blue Farmgirl

1485 Posts

Tammy
NE
USA
1485 Posts

Posted - Oct 24 2009 :  6:06:13 PM  Show Profile
I would be interested. I think this is wonderful idea.

blessings
Tammy

Tea is like being in the stars with God.

http://breathsoffaith.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

glendagoldenbp
True Blue Farmgirl

196 Posts

glenda
cleburne tx
USA
196 Posts

Posted - Oct 24 2009 :  6:23:07 PM  Show Profile
Please include me too.

Sunrises are wonderous things, nobody should ever miss one.
Go to Top of Page

MBurns
True Blue Farmgirl

1794 Posts

Marlene
Swisher IA
USA
1794 Posts

Posted - Oct 25 2009 :  11:12:00 AM  Show Profile
I would love to do this. My mom was a member of a ladies club that drew names every year and sent bd cards, ad cards, thinking of you, etc. The names were not revealed until their christmas party each year and then they drew again and it lasted a year.

Happiness is having
farmgirl friends.
Go to Top of Page

ceejay48
Farmgirl Legend/Schoolmarm/Sharpshooter

13620 Posts

CeeJay (CJ)
Dolores Colorado
USA
13620 Posts

Posted - Oct 25 2009 :  12:19:05 PM  Show Profile  Send ceejay48 a Yahoo! Message
I would be interested in doing this . . . let me know for sure.

THANKS
CJ

...from the barefoot farmgirl in SW Colorado...sister chick #665
Go to Top of Page

EastTXFarmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

731 Posts

Victoria
Farmgirl #549 TX
USA
731 Posts

Posted - Oct 25 2009 :  8:13:11 PM  Show Profile
Marlene that is a great idea. When we send our contact info to Brenda to forward to our SS it would be nice to include important dates such as Birthday and anniversary.

Begin each morning with a song in your heart.
Go to Top of Page

vintagediva1
True Blue Farmgirl

1251 Posts

Michele
Brighton Michigan
USA
1251 Posts

Posted - Oct 26 2009 :  11:35:31 AM  Show Profile
Brenda, I love this idea!!! Maybe we could enclose a profile of things we love so uor secret sister would know a liitle bit about us.
Count me in
Michele

www.2vintagedivas.etsy.com
www.sissyandsisterstitch.etsy.com

Love that good ole vintage junk
Go to Top of Page

junebug
True Blue Farmgirl

2421 Posts

Sue
West Plains, Mo.
USA
2421 Posts

Posted - Oct 26 2009 :  12:19:11 PM  Show Profile
This is wonderful idea and fun, please add me too! Thanks!

Visit me at my blogs:
www.countrypleasures.blogspot.com

My Etsy store:
www.heart2home.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

lulu bell
True Blue Farmgirl

94 Posts

Karen
Ashland NE
USA
94 Posts

Posted - Oct 26 2009 :  12:31:05 PM  Show Profile
I would love to be included. Karen
Go to Top of Page

LakeOntarioFarmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

933 Posts

Brenda
North Rose NY
USA
933 Posts

Posted - Oct 26 2009 :  1:22:27 PM  Show Profile
Well, I guess these posts answer my question, lol!!!!
Ok, we will go ahead and do this!

In a little bit(next few weeks) watch for my updated post, I'll get everything organized and post the rules.

Thank you for reminding me about putting birthdays and anniversaries, and of course likes and dislikes. I'll have everyone email me a "profile" when it's time.

This should be fun!

Brenda
FarmGirl # 711

Go to Top of Page

kkprice
True Blue Farmgirl

301 Posts

Karen
Davisburg MI
USA
301 Posts

Posted - Oct 26 2009 :  5:09:26 PM  Show Profile
Oh My Gosh -- I can't tell you how much I would really really love this. But I want somebody who will spoil me as much as I want to them. I know that's selfish, but that is what a Santa is for, don't you think? :)

Hugs to all! Karen

Follow your bliss!
Go to Top of Page

Mollymaude
True Blue Farmgirl

92 Posts

Vickie
San Angelo TX
USA
92 Posts

Posted - Oct 27 2009 :  10:16:27 PM  Show Profile
I think the year round secret santa would be a wonderful project. It always cheers people up to get a little surprise in the mail, even a card. If you decide to go through with this project please count me in. Thanks a lot and have a great day.

quote:
Originally posted by LakeOntarioFarmgirl

I always loved the year round secret santa swaps that my mom took part in. Every month she would receive a card, letter and/or small package from her secret Santa. This started in January with it ending in December with a little extra special Christmas package. She did this for many years!
I was thinking if we had enough interest we could do this. Even if it's less than 10 girls it would still work. Just small little somethings each month, maybe $5.00 tops plus shipping. I had an idea for donating to an orphan, single mom, or someone just struggling for a couple of the months. I had an idea for every month.
For instance:
January-Winters chill is in the air, send your secret pal something that reminds you of the signs of winter- cocoa or coffee mixes, crocheted snowflakes, a snuggly scarf, warm slippers.
May- means Memorial Day. Make or purchase a little something to give to a veteran this month. Or, go and read a book, play a game with, or just talk to a veteran who is alone in a VA hospital. Then, send a card to your secret pal telling them what you did.
August- These are the hot, lazy days of summer. A favorite book(used is fine), hand made fan, embellished flip flops plus your favorite recipe for a cool summer supper.
These are just a few ideas.
Let me know if you are interested!
We could start in January, with each months little package due towards the end of each month, so that it's not such a strain right after Christmas.

Brenda
FarmGirl # 711

Go to Top of Page

Purdy Farm Girl
Farmgirl in Training

16 Posts

Laura
Oxford NY
USA
16 Posts

Posted - Oct 28 2009 :  09:55:01 AM  Show Profile  Send Purdy Farm Girl an AOL message  Click to see Purdy Farm Girl's MSN Messenger address  Send Purdy Farm Girl a Yahoo! Message
I would like to enter my name for the year round Santa/Secret Sister. I was the person at church who always asked for us to start one each year. What great memories I have and the lady who was mine actually got cancer and passed away, but all the beautiful hand crafted stuff she made will live on in my home forever. Her husband found the blanket (my last gift she didn't finish, cancer was so bad by this time) he gave me and I am finishing it myself. I don't have my number yet but I will soon. Laura

*Purdy Valley Farms* Laura*
Go to Top of Page

mtngirljon
True Blue Farmgirl

539 Posts

Jonnie
Webster Texas
USA
539 Posts

Posted - Oct 28 2009 :  11:29:29 AM  Show Profile
Please include me, too. I have participated in this kind of exchanges many times before, usually on a secret basis. Although that is a great way to do it, I think it might be a lot of extra work for Brenda . . .

Love and peas,

Jonnie
Farmgirl #648

"Turn your face to the sun, and the shadows will fall behind you" - Maori Proverb

Go to Top of Page

Lynner
True Blue Farmgirl

225 Posts

Sheri
Missouri
USA
225 Posts

Posted - Oct 30 2009 :  12:45:59 PM  Show Profile
Yes, I also would like to be involved.
Thank You so much for making new opportunities.
Sheri

Many Hands Make Light Work!

...God made the seed to grow...1 Cor 3:6

The best fertilizer for a farm, are the farmers footsteps...
Go to Top of Page

janiee
True Blue Farmgirl

820 Posts

Janie
Shawnee Oklahoma
USA
820 Posts

Posted - Oct 30 2009 :  12:50:46 PM  Show Profile
i would like to be involved in this too! please count me in

janie
farmgirl #390
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 4 *Farmgirl Barter™: Previous Topic Year round Secret Santa! Update: Dec. 21! Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page