Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Across the Fence
 rural women networking online
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Across the Fence: Previous Topic rural women networking online Next Topic  

connio
True Blue Farmgirl

535 Posts

connie
springtown texas
USA
535 Posts

Posted - Oct 30 2004 :  3:17:04 PM  Show Profile
As an "across the fence" type of topic, I wanted to mention the website "www.ruralwomyn.net" that I discovered while conducting some research today. The focus of the website seems to be both rural and "peace and justice", but I think that there will be information of interest to all of us.

cozycottage

Clare
True Blue Farmgirl

2173 Posts

NC WA State
USA
2173 Posts

Posted - Oct 30 2004 :  5:47:20 PM  Show Profile
Thanks for the link Connie! It's good to know there is a website that is addressing our social/economic issues too! I do think about these topics ALOT, so I'm sure I'll be checking things out there.

****Gardener, Stitcher, Spiritual Explorer and Appreciator of all Things Natural****

"Begin to weave and God will give the thread." - German Proverb
Go to Top of Page

Sandra
Farmgirl in Training

16 Posts

Sandra
Tazewell VA
USA
16 Posts

Posted - Nov 28 2004 :  08:50:24 AM  Show Profile
I started a yahoogroups list for women farmers in the Virginias'. We're networking to help each other and ourselves market, promote, sell our goods as well as to be active politically.

There are 260 million people in the USA and fewer than 2% are farmers/ranchers. Where did I read that in 1997 9% of all USA farmers/ranchers <NOT the farmer's or rancher's *wife*> were women. In 2002 that figure rose to 27%. Is that the USDA census or someplace else? Hmmmm...memory isn't what it used to be but, let's face it, there's so much MORE to remember! <ggg>

Sandra @ http://www.thistlecovefarm.com...a grasp on the past & a hold on the future...
Go to Top of Page

ruenietwoshoes
True Blue Farmgirl

90 Posts

Patricia
Thornton West Virginia
USA
90 Posts

Posted - Sep 09 2009 :  5:43:37 PM  Show Profile  Send ruenietwoshoes an AOL message  Click to see ruenietwoshoes's MSN Messenger address  Send ruenietwoshoes a Yahoo! Message
Even though it's been nearly 5 years since this thread was last posted on I just wanted you to know that I did go over and check the website out and it seems to be verily interesting!

<3 Patricia
sister.daughter.lover.knitter.best friend.quilter.hand stitcher.a cook.a soon-to-be-nurse.animal lover.mountaineer.facebook junkie.and a new blogger.and a lover of God!

I'm only 21! :)

http//sweetsugarstitches.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page
  Across the Fence: Previous Topic rural women networking online Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page