Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Stitching & Crafting Room
 Rocking Chair Cozy?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Stitching & Crafting Room: Previous Topic Rocking Chair Cozy? Next Topic  

tziporra
True Blue Farmgirl

234 Posts

Robin
Seattle WA
USA
234 Posts

Posted - Oct 22 2009 :  1:06:18 PM  Show Profile
I have a beautiful antique rocking chair with a rush back and upholstered leather seat. It has been painted black. I love it, and so do my small children (5, 3, and 16 months plus one on the way).

They rock in the chair, hit the back against the wall, and leave black marks on the wall. I'm not willing to "make" them stop, I want everyone to enjoy the beautiful chair. I just want something to slip over the back that will protect my wall from marks (they don't rock hard enough to dent the wall or the chair). Has anyone seen a rocking chair cozy I can make? I have several ideas of how it might work, but no definite picture in my head.

I'd really like to make something that fits in with the character and charm of the chair, especially since I'll probably end of hiding that gorgeous rush back. I'm very visual, so if you have a photo of something like this I'd LOVE to see it.

Best regards,

Robin

geminidream62
True Blue Farmgirl

74 Posts

Molly
Spokane Washington
USA
74 Posts

Posted - Oct 23 2009 :  6:26:36 PM  Show Profile
Robin, what about getting a short length of pipe insulation and then creating a fabric cover for it that would match your decor? If you are worried about the kids taking it off you could alway add some ribbon or bias tape ties to slip through the holes in the rush back.

Molly
http://geminisdream.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

1badmamawolf
True Blue Farmgirl

2199 Posts

Teresa
"Bent Fence Farms" Ca
USA
2199 Posts

Posted - Oct 23 2009 :  6:32:24 PM  Show Profile
Or make a short, padded, pillowcase type slip cover, and that too could have ties.

"Treat the earth well, it was not given to you by your parents, it was loaned to you by your children"
Go to Top of Page
  Stitching & Crafting Room: Previous Topic Rocking Chair Cozy? Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page