Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Nifty Thrifty
 What to do with yarn scraps (thrums)...
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Nifty Thrifty: Previous Topic What to do with yarn scraps (thrums)... Next Topic  

Pamela Joy
True Blue Farmgirl

89 Posts

Pamela
Hesperus CO
USA
89 Posts

Posted - Oct 20 2009 :  10:44:56 AM  Show Profile
Hi, I am a weaver, crocher, emboiderer,etc... There are always yarn scraps and loom waste (which in weaving are called thrums). The ones that are too short to really do anything with, I collect in a bag and I use them to stuff things that would typically be stuffed with polyester stuffing. But recently, I decided that I would also use them for packing material, instead of bubble wrap or newspaper. How much fun would it be to open a package and pull out pretty tangles of colored, fluffy yarn to get to the gift inside??
And then the recipient could reuse them if they wanted. Thrifty, reusable, fun.

Peace, Love, and Joy

Beverley
True Blue Farmgirl

2707 Posts

Beverley
atlanta Michigan
USA
2707 Posts

Posted - Oct 21 2009 :  1:11:39 PM  Show Profile
Oh that does sound like fun. A friend of mine recently took a class on how to use up your yarn scraps. and the teacher had them cut piece of yarn That were probably a yard length and then put them all around there necks. the yard lengths were from all different yarn scraps. anywho, she then had them grab a piece of yarn from around there neck ,not looking at the color and use that piece and then when that one was done grab another and tie that on and use that one and so on and so on.. they were making a sweater at the time. My friend said it was great fun and you used up all those left over little balls we all have that we don't know what to do with. great sweater especially for a kid. sounds like fun doesn't it....

Folks will know how large your soul is by the way you treat a dog....Charles F. Doran
beverley baggett Beverley with an extra E...
http://bevsdoggies.googlepages.com/
Go to Top of Page

beekeepersgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

1423 Posts

Luanne
Cresco PA
USA
1423 Posts

Posted - Oct 22 2009 :  05:03:39 AM  Show Profile
I use up all my scraps of yarn on scarves and mug rugs (coasters) - they come out cute and no waste!

Luanne

Pleasant words are as an honeycomb, sweet to the soul, and health to the bones.
Go to Top of Page
  Nifty Thrifty: Previous Topic What to do with yarn scraps (thrums)... Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page