Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Hogs & Quiches & Prayers Round-up
 The Praise Report!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Hogs & Quiches & Prayers Round-up: Previous Topic The Praise Report! Next Topic  

countrykatgirly
True Blue Farmgirl

186 Posts

Hallie
Jordan NY
USA
186 Posts

Posted - Oct 19 2009 :  10:13:52 AM  Show Profile
I was saying my prayers last night and after I got done I realized that I hadn't been devoting much time to praise. I have a couple things that have happened recently in my life that I praise God for and I'm bettin' y'all do, too. Reading about God's goodness is so uplifting and faith building for me. I'd love to hear a praise report or about a miracle that God has worked in your life!

**Farmgirl Sister #622**

“It is the sweet, simple things of life which are the real ones after all.”
--Laura Ingalls Wilder

Edited by - countrykatgirly on Oct 19 2009 10:16:22 AM

catscharm74
True Blue Farmgirl

4687 Posts

Heather
Texas
USA
4687 Posts

Posted - Oct 19 2009 :  10:20:28 AM  Show Profile  Send catscharm74 a Yahoo! Message
Hallie---I just posted up in "Across the Fence" about the goodness and happiness the gals on MJ's have brought me during a difficult time. I am VERY grateful to God for giving me a strong shoulder to lean on. He is keeping me on the right path and I know I have the strength to go forward. : )

Heather

"Hitch your wagon to a star"

http://somewheredownintexas-heather.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Cabinprincess
True Blue Farmgirl

682 Posts

Melody June
Athens TX
USA
682 Posts

Posted - Oct 19 2009 :  11:22:48 AM  Show Profile
Hallie, what an interesting post. It will be quite uplifting to read the posts here. Mine would be another praise.

Some know my husband and son both lost their jobs within a couple weeks of each other about two months ago. Both received severance packages so there was not instant fear to set in. I actually excepted it as a blessing because I had a list of honey do's that needed some male muscle. I chose to walk out my faith by following God's word that in my time of need if I'd concentrate on other's needs He'd be faithful in meeting mine. So I spent my time praying for a healing for Tanna's son Liam and Jessie's husband to get back to work. They both were in much greater need than my family.
Well, as allows God kept His word, I just checked on Liam and he is doing so better and passed his recent check up. Jessie's husband not only got a new job but she now has a new baby on the way. What a blessing that is!! And yes, God took care of us also, my husband starts work Wednesday, is closer to home and has another take home car so we don't have to pay for gas to get to and from work. My son is back in college full time and we did not have to use our savings to pay for it. So God took care of all three families and as always showed me again to stay more focused on the needs of others and He'll take care of mine. And I got MY NEW Chicken Coop built! LOL

He Is Good, Melody June

God's gift to you are your talents, your gift to Him is how you use them.
Go to Top of Page

prariehawk
True Blue Farmgirl

2914 Posts

Cindy

2914 Posts

Posted - Oct 19 2009 :  9:21:22 PM  Show Profile
I experienced a miracle of sorts recently. I've been having pain in my shoulder and my left arm--it had to be a nerve cause it ran from my neck to my elbow. I went to a healing service on Friday night and some people prayed over me. I definitely felt God's healing presence. Now the pain in my arm is gone. I still have some mild pain in my shoulder but that's because I carry tension in my shoulders. the pain in my arm was gone right after the service ended. And it had been bothering me for weeks. i might add that this was a Catholic healing service and the people praying did so very quietly, no loud exclamations or anything like that. I realized that I'd been feeling very unloved by God before the healing, but now I know that God really does, and always has, loved me. Sometimes people, even other Christians, treat me in awful ways, but God always offers a new beginning. So I've started praying each morning to welcome the day and again at evening to bid the day good-night. And I feel so much more at peace as well. God is always good, even if people aren't. Thanks be to God.
Cindy

"Dog is my co-pilot"

Visit my blog at http://www.farmerinthebelle.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy
True Blue Farmgirl

9409 Posts

Denise
Beavercreek Ohio
USA
9409 Posts

Posted - Oct 20 2009 :  04:47:33 AM  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by prariehawk

God is always good, even if people aren't. Thanks be to God.
Cindy

Cindy,
this is because people are human and prone to sin and God is not.
When people fail you , and they will, God is ever faithful.

God is good....all the time.
Denise
www.torisgram.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

ruralfarmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

4309 Posts

Rene'
Prosser WA
USA
4309 Posts

Posted - Oct 20 2009 :  10:24:06 AM  Show Profile  Send ruralfarmgirl a Yahoo! Message
Praise is such a huge thing....Sometimes we just forget all we have... thanks for the reminder.

Circumstances made us FRIENDS; MaryJanesFarm made us SISTERS :)

Rene'Groom~
Sisterhood Coordinator

Farmgirl Sister #185
www.MaryJanesFarm.com/RFBlog/
www.Twitter.com/RuralFarmgirl
www.FarmGirlsFarm.blogspot.com

Go to Top of Page

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Oct 20 2009 :  7:30:49 PM  Show Profile
Halle:
This is the best post I've come across today. Thanks for a wonderful post. I praise every single day I awake, and I praise every single breath He gives me. The last two days, here in Louisiana, I worked out in the yard, and I praise Him for giving me the most two beautiful days.
I'll be looking for any future post you post.
Marly

"It's only when we truly know and understand that we have a limited time on earth- and that we have no way of knowing when our time is up- that we will begin to live each day to the fullest, as if it was the only one we had." Elisabeth Kurler-Ross
Go to Top of Page

MasterGardener
True Blue Farmgirl

572 Posts

Chandra
Louisiana
USA
572 Posts

Posted - Oct 22 2009 :  05:55:27 AM  Show Profile  Send MasterGardener a Yahoo! Message
I was feeling discouraged, the end of the harvest for the kitchen garden when the plants need to be pulled up and composted...there are a few stragglers and it cheered me up a bit. We did red onion sets for the first time this year & the onions were especially discouraging, they didn't grow well and I'd all but given up. Then, yesterday I walked past the box in the corner where we'd planted and...it's full of onions WHAT??? I am full of praise because GOD is so wonderful, His nature, how He can turn something negative into a wonderful surprise...I'm reminded again of Romans 8:28..."And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God,..." so Praise God for His faithfulness, His ability to delight us when we least expect it!

.• ´¨¨)) -:¦:-¸.•´ .•´¨¨))
((¸¸.•´ ..• -:¦:- -:¦:- Chandra
-:¦:- ((¸¸.•´Farmgirl Sister #64

She considereth a field, and buyeth it; with the fruit of her hands she planteth a vineyard.
Proverbs 31:16
Go to Top of Page

Ga Girl
True Blue Farmgirl

2355 Posts

Karen
Meansville Ga.
USA
2355 Posts

Posted - Oct 22 2009 :  06:51:56 AM  Show Profile
I am thankful for such a wonderfully sweet and loving hubby!Blessings,Karen

Create in me a pure heart,O God and renew a steadfast spirit within me. Psalms 51:10
www.KKJD1.etsy.com
http://farmgirlingastyle.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

countrykatgirly
True Blue Farmgirl

186 Posts

Hallie
Jordan NY
USA
186 Posts

Posted - Oct 22 2009 :  10:11:11 AM  Show Profile
Ladies, these are wonderful! Thank you for sharing and let's keep 'em coming!

**Farmgirl Sister #622**

--Laura Ingalls Wilder

Edited by - countrykatgirly on Oct 27 2009 1:48:19 PM
Go to Top of Page

countrykatgirly
True Blue Farmgirl

186 Posts

Hallie
Jordan NY
USA
186 Posts

Posted - Oct 27 2009 :  1:47:31 PM  Show Profile
Okay, I have one.

My parents have both been dead for years and all my grandparents except one, who has advanced Alzheimer's. I do not have any brothers and sisters. Most everyone is gone now. My Uncle Richard died in July and that was almost everyone who was left.

Through the internet and a lot of patience my guy managed to track down an aunt I hadn't talked to since I was a little girl, some 33 years ago. I sent her a copy of the obituary for Uncle Richard, her half-brother, and a short note. She wrote me back via email not long after. We are now emailing regularly and talking on the phone! She is even talking about me going out to California to visit her sometime! I am so incredibly happy. God made something so good come out of a sad time and I feel so blessed.

**Farmgirl Sister #622**

--Laura Ingalls Wilder

Edited by - countrykatgirly on Nov 01 2009 07:14:27 AM
Go to Top of Page

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Oct 30 2009 :  3:28:04 PM  Show Profile
Hallie:
What a wonderful post. I know I am blessed by our good Lord every day! I love reading about Him, and reading how others were blessed by Him. God Bless you.
Marly

"It's only when we truly know and understand that we have a limited time on earth- and that we have no way of knowing when our time is up- that we will begin to live each day to the fullest, as if it was the only one we had." Elisabeth Kurler-Ross
Go to Top of Page

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Nov 01 2009 :  6:30:48 PM  Show Profile
I praise God for such a beautiful Louisiana day. I'm ready for the cold temperatures, but I know He'll bring it in time. I painted outside today and the beauty of it all is awesome. God's gifts are truly beautiful.
Marly

Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy
True Blue Farmgirl

9409 Posts

Denise
Beavercreek Ohio
USA
9409 Posts

Posted - Nov 02 2009 :  03:34:16 AM  Show Profile
This is a wonderful thread. It is a blessing and very uplifting to see what God is doing in the lives of those here and around us! I am blessed to have a husband who loves me, children who, by the grace of God, try to understand Mom and two, soon to be three, grandchildren whom I love being grandma to.

God is good....all the time.
Denise
www.torisgram.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Nov 02 2009 :  1:10:33 PM  Show Profile
Another beautiful gifted day from the good Lord. That makes two days, just sunny and bright. Even my cats are loving it. Today I went for a bike ride. My thighs will ache in the morning, I know it. LOL
Marly

Go to Top of Page

gramadinah
True Blue Farmgirl

3557 Posts

Diana
Orofino ID
USA
3557 Posts

Posted - Nov 02 2009 :  2:02:53 PM  Show Profile
A beautiful day to be outside getting the last few things done. I always seem to have a hand helping me that I never see but know is always there.Days like these I just look up and say thank you what a great time of year this is and how easy it is to forget the help we get every day from God.
Thank You for another great day.

Diana

Farmgirl Sister #273
Go to Top of Page

countrykatgirly
True Blue Farmgirl

186 Posts

Hallie
Jordan NY
USA
186 Posts

Posted - Nov 03 2009 :  08:47:33 AM  Show Profile
Thank you God for an interview today at 1:00PM EST. My guy has sent out over 30 resumes since he lost his job on October 3rd. Thank you for this opportunity.

**Farmgirl Sister #622**

--Laura Ingalls Wilder

Go to Top of Page

countrykatgirly
True Blue Farmgirl

186 Posts

Hallie
Jordan NY
USA
186 Posts

Posted - Nov 20 2009 :  03:54:57 AM  Show Profile
Thank you, God, that the interview and testing went well. Now we just wait to hear back.

**Farmgirl Sister #622**

--Laura Ingalls Wilder

Edited by - countrykatgirly on Nov 20 2009 03:55:22 AM
Go to Top of Page

Lynner
True Blue Farmgirl

225 Posts

Sheri
Missouri
USA
225 Posts

Posted - Nov 20 2009 :  06:43:04 AM  Show Profile
Many years ago, my oldest daughter totaled her car. She awoke laying beside it on a lonely highway, no one in sight. She had difficulty moving, but managed to walk to a house in the distance, who called her father and I. Living in the country, there were no ambulances, so we drove to a city about an hour away to the hospital. She had broken both arms and her collar bone. Her car had flipped end over end. Now for the miracle, besides still being alive, not one window was broken, but she lay on the grass next to her car. A day or two later, in the hospital after surgery on one arm, she told me, Mom I have bruises under each arm, like someone snatched me from that car and layed me in the grass. She and we were convinced, an angel, or God Himself, saved her from that accident. The bruises were in the same place on each side. The car doors were closed, and no broken windows. I thank God still, for saving my beautiful daughter. She is alive and well today, and is one of the great farmgirls on these forums. She is Chaddsgirl.
Our miracles are too many to count, but certain ones stand out more than others.
Three months later, our youngest daughter, same highway, totaled her car. My husband and I were coming home to take pictures of her, as it was prom night. As we rounded the bend in the road, we were stopped, and told to approach with caution because there was a bad accident up ahead. I just knew, as a Mom, you get that gut wrenching feeling. Yes, it was our youngest. Rolled her car, across the road, down a hill. Her car lay on its side. And there lay our daughter covered with broken glass and non responsive. I kept trying to reach her, and calling her name, she began to stir. Someone had called an ambulance from the city, and we were off to the hospital. She was released later that night, with a concussion. God be praised, He saved yet our second daughter.
I apologize, but I could go on and on. Even as missionaries, how God provided every step of the way, and the many miracles related with those years. Too numerous to mention, but every day is a miracle. As with Gods grace, we arise to see yet another day.
Sheri

Many Hands Make Light Work!

...God made the seed to grow...1 Cor 3:6

The best fertilizer for a farm, are the farmers footsteps...

Edited by - Lynner on Nov 20 2009 06:44:22 AM
Go to Top of Page
  Hogs & Quiches & Prayers Round-up: Previous Topic The Praise Report! Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page