Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Outpost
 Glamping for Those Who Have No Campers
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Outpost: Previous Topic Glamping for Those Who Have No Campers Next Topic  

Bonnie Ellis
True Blue Farmgirl

2474 Posts

Bonnie
Minneapolis Minnesota
USA
2474 Posts

Posted - Oct 16 2009 :  8:57:08 PM  Show Profile
Hey y'all, those of you who have those great campers and trailers, how'd it be if you would volunteer to take us farmgirls who can't do that kind of thing any more. An example would be people with certain physical problems and don't have the physical strength to use their own camper. Maybe there are some of those girls in your henhouse who would love an outing. Think of what a lake or campsite with a fire would be to someone like that.
Whaddya think? A stranger is only someone you haven't met.

Bonnie Ellis

grandmother and orphan farmgirl

gentlewoman farmer
True Blue Farmgirl

66 Posts

Judy
Bakersfield Ca
USA
66 Posts

Posted - Dec 21 2009 :  9:00:04 PM  Show Profile
One idea is to take an older person (parent, aunt, lady from church, next door neighbor,) to a local park for the day. Take a picnic basket, ice chest, chairs, portable radio, magazines, games or what ever. There would be park benchs, and picnic tables for your use, or take a card table. Plus usually a large bathroom. It would be a start for going somewhere if you met someone you would like to take on a longer trip. I take my little 24' motorhome out to the local parks and my girlfriends meet me there and we "camp" sitting outside the MH and have a ball.

Be good to yourself and be good to this earth.
Go to Top of Page

City Chick
True Blue Farmgirl

1402 Posts

Deb
Chattanooga TN
USA
1402 Posts

Posted - Dec 22 2009 :  04:28:06 AM  Show Profile
We've started taking our daughters friends camping with us. Our girls are 11 & 8. The girls that we take aren't campers - it makes for an interesting weekend. But I look forward to sharing nature with them.

I think it's a great idea for us Farm Girls to do! Share nature with other Farm Girls who are unable to get out anymore - or with someone who is quite sure how to do it for themselves.

How many times have we heard "You camp? Oh, I could never do that!" Oh, yes you could!

Farm Girl #790

http://www.xanga.com/My_Pondering_Place

Go to Top of Page
  Outpost: Previous Topic Glamping for Those Who Have No Campers Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page