tiffany01
True Blue Farmgirl

134 Posts

Tiffany
Indiana
USA
134 Posts

Posted - Mar 19 2006 :  09:24:16 AM  Show Profile
After hearing about this book via the Farmgirl Connection, I asked for, and received it for Christmas. I've read it and enjoyed it (although I must admit, their flock of indoor birds would drive me nuts!) and am ready to pass it on. It's by Bob Tarte and the tag line is, "How one man went from the head of the household to bottom of the pecking order". For those of you who might not have heard of it, it's non-fiction and quite humorous, especially if you are the owner of any kind of bird.

It's a gift from me to you. If I get much interest, I'll draw a name at 7:00 tonight (eastern time).

Libbie
Farmgirl Connection Cultivator

3579 Posts

Anne E.
Elsinore Utah
USA
3579 Posts

Posted - Mar 19 2006 :  09:29:21 AM  Show Profile
That sounds like such a funny book! If I didn't have a stack on my nightstand already, I'd say put my name in the drawing - Whoever gets it, ENJOY! It sounds SO funny...

XOXO, Libbie

"Nothing is worth more than this day." - Goethe
Go to Top of Page

happymama58
True Blue Farmgirl

1210 Posts

Patti
Missouri
USA
1210 Posts

Posted - Mar 19 2006 :  10:10:50 AM  Show Profile
I'd love to have this if it's still available. What kind of items would you like to swap for? Or would you rather receive good ole fashioned $$? Let me know!

Some people search for happiness; others create it.

http://happymama58.typepad.com/my_weblog/
Go to Top of Page

tiffany01
True Blue Farmgirl

134 Posts

Tiffany
Indiana
USA
134 Posts

Posted - Mar 19 2006 :  4:10:45 PM  Show Profile
Patti - the book is all yours. E-mail me your address and I'll put it in the mail. No swap or $$ necessary - just some good ol' fashion "passin' it on". Enjoy!

Go to Top of Page

happymama58
True Blue Farmgirl

1210 Posts

Patti
Missouri
USA
1210 Posts

Posted - Mar 19 2006 :  6:18:04 PM  Show Profile
I've emailed you. It's very nice of you to do this, and I promise I'll "pass it on". Have a wonderful week!

Go to Top of Page

happymama58
True Blue Farmgirl

1210 Posts

Patti
Missouri
USA
1210 Posts

Posted - Apr 01 2006 :  11:07:25 AM  Show Profile
Tiffany, when I went to the Post Office this morning the book was there. Oh my! I couldn't believe the goodies you included -- FarmGirls soap from Susan the Soap Maven and a family recipe!! I can't believe your generosity. Thank you so much. I've put the book on my night stand and am looking forward to reading in bed tonight after packing all day and taking a nice hot shower this evening. Thank you so much!

I know you said you didn't want to swap, but are you sure there isn't something I could send your way? I have scrapbooking stuff, some material, and other things like that. Let me know, please, if you need/want anything.

Go to Top of Page

tiffany01
True Blue Farmgirl

134 Posts

Tiffany
Indiana
USA
134 Posts

Posted - Apr 02 2006 :  11:46:03 AM  Show Profile
Patti, I'm glad you got the package and enjoyed the extra goodies. It sounds like you've got plenty on your plate with the move. I hope the book serves as a nice break from the stress. Enjoy!
Go to Top of Page

happymama58
True Blue Farmgirl

1210 Posts

Patti
Missouri
USA
1210 Posts

Posted - Apr 02 2006 :  11:51:50 AM  Show Profile
I feel asleep on the couch last night -- no reading or mail art for me! But I started reading at lunch and laughed till I cried. This man writes so well and his descriptions of Binky were hilarious. I hated to put the book down and go back to packing.

Go to Top of Page
  Reading Room: Previous Topic Enslaved By Ducks to give away Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page