Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Here's to Your Health
 Enlarged Spleen. Ouchy!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Here's to Your Health: Previous Topic Enlarged Spleen. Ouchy! Next Topic  

kristin sherrill
True Blue Farmgirl

11303 Posts

kristin
chickamauga ga
USA
11303 Posts

Posted - Oct 15 2009 :  8:22:50 PM  Show Profile
I have had this big huge thing in my left side now for several years. I have asked doctors about it when I go, like the gyno or regular doc when I am there for other things. They check it and all say it is like enflamed ribs. But I know it's my spleen. And it's getting worse. It's very uncomfortable to even sit. I have to lay on my left side ot there is just too much pressure. Wearing pants is awful.

I googled spleen and it says the reasons for an enlarged spleen could be any number of reasons, including mono and lymphoma. Or some other typw of cancer. And there is surgery to remove the slpeen with risks of bacterial infection, or radiation to shrink it.

What would you do? I am so not liking doctors and I am terrified of surgery and even hospitals with all the sickness there. I would like to find out a natural way to shrink it. With the right foods and supplements. Any suggestions?

Kris

Happiness is simple.

peapicker
True Blue Farmgirl

716 Posts

texas
USA
716 Posts

Posted - Oct 15 2009 :  8:32:07 PM  Show Profile
Kristin you need to make sure it is your spleen first. A doctor should order tests for it. When my ulcers were really bad I could not lay on my left side at all or even sit in some positions. I felt like I had something swollen and hurting under my ribs all the time. I had an endoscopy done and found out I had lots of ulcers. Now I have to take Nexuim. I am trying other natural things, but so far I still have to depend on the Nexuim most of the time.

Enjoy the little things, for one day you may look back and realize they were the big things.
Robert Brault
Go to Top of Page

kristin sherrill
True Blue Farmgirl

11303 Posts

kristin
chickamauga ga
USA
11303 Posts

Posted - Oct 15 2009 :  8:46:15 PM  Show Profile
Did you have heartburn and indigestion, too?

Kris

Happiness is simple.
Go to Top of Page

peapicker
True Blue Farmgirl

716 Posts

texas
USA
716 Posts

Posted - Oct 15 2009 :  9:15:32 PM  Show Profile
Yes, I have all of it when it gets out of control. I had x-rays a couple of times a few years ago , but they didn't show anything, then when I had the endo it was clear that I had more than twenty ulcers. I kept telling the doctors I knew something was wrong, but it took years to be diagnosed. You could have something different, but I would sure consider ulcers. I always hurt more when I layed down flat, so I would sleep in a recliner lots of the time.

Enjoy the little things, for one day you may look back and realize they were the big things.
Robert Brault
Go to Top of Page

CountryBorn
True Blue Farmgirl

1545 Posts

Mary Jane
New York
USA
1545 Posts

Posted - Oct 16 2009 :  07:27:49 AM  Show Profile
Ask your Dr. to send you for an ultra sound of your abdominal area. The spleen in particular possibly, but all of it is a good idea. If you have had it for years, it might not be your spleen. Blood disorders cause the spleen to be enlarged too. My Gramdmother had her spleen removed and had no ill effects from it. But, one way or the other you need to find out what is going on here. Several years of this is ridiculous. Get your Dr. busy and don't give up till you have an answer.Or change Dr.'s if he doesn't do anything.

MJ

There can be no happiness if the things we believe in are different from the things we do. Freya Stark
Go to Top of Page

kristin sherrill
True Blue Farmgirl

11303 Posts

kristin
chickamauga ga
USA
11303 Posts

Posted - Oct 16 2009 :  12:25:12 PM  Show Profile
I know I should go to a better doctor and fast before all the changes in our insurance starts! Who knows where we'll have to go soon. I just go to a walk-in clinic because I don't go unless I have to. But I think I'll make an app. with my gyno and let het figure it out.

Kris

Happiness is simple.
Go to Top of Page

CountryBorn
True Blue Farmgirl

1545 Posts

Mary Jane
New York
USA
1545 Posts

Posted - Oct 16 2009 :  3:15:00 PM  Show Profile
Thats a great idea Kristin, make it soon ok? There is no sense in letting it go and imagining the worst! Thats what I did when I was younger, pretty stupid huh? Go and the Dr. will get to the bottom of it for you. Keep us posted ok?

MJ

There can be no happiness if the things we believe in are different from the things we do. Freya Stark
Go to Top of Page
  Here's to Your Health: Previous Topic Enlarged Spleen. Ouchy! Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page