Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Stitching & Crafting Room
 Knitting question...answered, thanks Sheri
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Stitching & Crafting Room: Previous Topic Knitting question...answered, thanks Sheri Next Topic  

MasterGardener
True Blue Farmgirl

572 Posts

Chandra
Louisiana
USA
572 Posts

Posted - Oct 15 2009 :  11:08:41 AM  Show Profile  Send MasterGardener a Yahoo! Message
The dishcloth instructions on the Lion Brand cotton say for each stitch of knit, the yarn goes in the back of the needles, and then for purl, the yarn goes in the front of the needles. Okay, I get that part. Now, the pattern says, "k1, p1" alternating...across the 46 stitches.

My question is, do I put the yarn in the back for each k1, and the yarn in the front for each p1 stitch?

.• ´¨¨)) -:¦:-¸.•´ .•´¨¨))
((¸¸.•´ ..• -:¦:- -:¦:- Chandra
-:¦:- ((¸¸.•´Farmgirl Sister #64

She considereth a field, and buyeth it; with the fruit of her hands she planteth a vineyard.
Proverbs 31:16

Edited by - MasterGardener on Oct 15 2009 12:48:17 PM

Sheep Mom 2
True Blue Farmgirl

1534 Posts

Sheri
Elk WA
USA
1534 Posts

Posted - Oct 15 2009 :  11:43:14 AM  Show Profile
When knitting, the yarn is always in the back on a knit stitch and always in the front for a purl stitch. So yes, you move the yarn back and forth depending on which stitch you are working.

Blessings, Sheri

"Work is Love made visible" -Kahlil Gibran
Go to Top of Page

MasterGardener
True Blue Farmgirl

572 Posts

Chandra
Louisiana
USA
572 Posts

Posted - Oct 15 2009 :  11:59:50 AM  Show Profile  Send MasterGardener a Yahoo! Message
Excellent, thanks Sheri! I've been doing it that way, but it seems like a lot of motion...anyway,glad I followed the instructions. Your reassurance is much appreciated;

.• ´¨¨)) -:¦:-¸.•´ .•´¨¨))
((¸¸.•´ ..• -:¦:- -:¦:- Chandra
-:¦:- ((¸¸.•´Farmgirl Sister #64

She considereth a field, and buyeth it; with the fruit of her hands she planteth a vineyard.
Proverbs 31:16
Go to Top of Page
  Stitching & Crafting Room: Previous Topic Knitting question...answered, thanks Sheri Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page