Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Support
 Technical Support
 Can't seem to add color, or change font, help?!!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Technical Support: Previous Topic Can't seem to add color, or change font, help?!! Next Topic  

LakeOntarioFarmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

933 Posts

Brenda
North Rose NY
USA
933 Posts

Posted - Oct 15 2009 :  04:31:53 AM  Show Profile
I am trying to update my swaps that I am hosting.
I need to have some areas bolded to draw attention to them, but cannot get it to work!!!!
This line I am clicking on red before the line.

This line I am clicking on red before the line, then red again when I am done with the line. Neither one changes.
I also have the same problem when I try to change size of bold.
Can anyone help me?!!!!
Thank you!

Brenda
FarmGirl # 711

http://theviewfromhere-brenda.blogspot.com/

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - Oct 15 2009 :  06:41:57 AM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
When you select for instance "Red" The forum interjects two closed commands into the text of your message. They look like this: {red}{/red} so what you need to do is once they have been inserted, just move your cursor between the brackets so the text follows {red} and comes before {/red}. Same with fonts, bolding, italics and such.

Also if you have something that is already typed and want it changed, highlight it then click the change you want. That will automatically place the forum code at that proper beginning and end of the highlighted section.

One more thing. If you already have something with forum code, and want to add something else, for instance bold and red the same time, make sure both the opening forum codes are before the words and the ending codes are after the words. For instance:

Jack jumps over the lazy dog.

If I wanted it red it would need to look like this:
{red}Jack jumps over the lazy dog.{/red}

If I wanted it red AND bold it would have to look like this:
{red}{bold}Jack jumps over the lazy dog.{/red}{/bold}

***Please note- I have been using the pointy brackets to show the forum code, however if you want the forum to read the code, just use regular brackets ie: [].

Alee
Farmgirl Sister #8
www.awarmheart.com
www.farmgirlalee.blogspot.com
www.allergyjourneys.blogspot.com
Put your pin on the farmgirl map! www.farmgirlmap.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

LakeOntarioFarmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

933 Posts

Brenda
North Rose NY
USA
933 Posts

Posted - Oct 15 2009 :  08:51:44 AM  Show Profile
Makes perfect sense, thanks so much Alee!!!

I don't know why I didn't think of that to begin with!

Brenda
FarmGirl # 711

http://theviewfromhere-brenda.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

Gabe
True Blue Farmgirl

374 Posts

Gabe
Moscow Idaho
USA
374 Posts

Posted - Oct 15 2009 :  09:25:44 AM  Show Profile
LakeOntarioFarmgirl:

This chatroom uses Javascript to carry out the formatting. So you might want to make sure Javascript is enabled in your internet browser (unless of course you already know it was turned off to avoid other problems).
It also uses it in a way that is slightly outdated/not the "official" method anymore, I think. Still works, but some internet browsers might not like it.
I would suspect one of those is the reason the formatting is not functioning for you.

Just a quick note on Alee's code:
{RED}{BOLD}{/BOLD}{/RED}
It's always better to make sure the code pieces are properly "nested" (if one tag starts inside another, it should end within it), but that's one of those "official" things and the codes will usually work regardless.
Otherwise, always good to know how to make it happen manually, so good call, Alee. Helpful and inventive as always!
Go to Top of Page
  Technical Support: Previous Topic Can't seem to add color, or change font, help?!! Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page