kristin sherrill
True Blue Farmgirl

11303 Posts

kristin
chickamauga ga
USA
11303 Posts

Posted - Oct 12 2009 :  08:17:33 AM  Show Profile
I just looked out the front door and there are about 10 chickens on the front porch trying to dry off. They are all soaked from all this rain. They are all grooming theirselves and each other, They are so cute. I have 4 Americana hens but 3 of them hang out all the time. One day they were lined up on the driveway side by side grooming each other. It was too cute. The 3 diva chicks.

I need to take a picture now and put it on here.

Kris

Happiness is simple.

chaddsgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

843 Posts

Sarah
Farmgirl Sisterhood #639 MO
USA
843 Posts

Posted - Oct 12 2009 :  09:07:52 AM  Show Profile
We had a real toad strangler here last week. Mom said her chickens looked like drowned rats! They had to move the chicken tractor to higher ground and cover it on all sides in tarps to keep the chickens from getting any wetter.

A person is a success if they get up in the morning and get to bed at night and in between does what they want to do. Bob Dylan
Go to Top of Page

acairnsmom
True Blue Farmgirl

1319 Posts

audrey
cheyenne wy
1319 Posts

Posted - Oct 12 2009 :  09:38:27 AM  Show Profile
Poor chickens! Are they going around clucking: the sky is falling, the sky is falling?

Audrey

Toto, we're not in Kansas any more!
Go to Top of Page

kristin sherrill
True Blue Farmgirl

11303 Posts

kristin
chickamauga ga
USA
11303 Posts

Posted - Oct 12 2009 :  09:52:24 AM  Show Profile
I do have some very vocal girls. And I did lose a baby chick a few weeks ago in the flooded hen house. And one of the 6 roos I have in a stall got sick from all the wetness. I had to separate him and he's a little better. But this is not good for the poor critters. One of my bucks got sick, too. Had to give him a CDT shot and Vit. B and Kaopectate. He's finally better. But here we go again. On the news just now there are flood watches all over here.

Sarah, my hubby drives a truck and he's in Arkansas now. He said it's pouring. So I can imagine how wet it is there also. I hope all this is heading to Calif. where it's so needed.

But yes, my poor chickie girls do look like a bunch of drowned rats right now. They are not the brightest critters, either. some of them roost up in trees.

Kris

Happiness is simple.
Go to Top of Page
  Barnyard Buddies: Previous Topic Chickens on the porch Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page