Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Across the Fence
 Help! I need blogger assistance!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Across the Fence: Previous Topic Help! I need blogger assistance! Next Topic  

Linder
True Blue Farmgirl

592 Posts

Linda
Lake Forest IL
USA
592 Posts

Posted - Oct 12 2009 :  04:27:23 AM  Show Profile  Send Linder a Yahoo! Message
Morning ladies!

I just started my new blog www.aweekenwife.blogspot.com

It's a chronicle of my adventures in renovation, life and my job.

Right now however, my adventure is trying to post more than one picture at a time.

I was able to post 2 even though it looks as if all the pics are downloading. They don't show up!

I'm deducing that it's a matter of size and just needs some tweaking but darned if I can figure this out!

I'd also love to learn how to decorate my page, but that later down the road.

Can anyone walk me through this (like a 1st grader) please?

Many Thanks,

Linder

"And the day came when the risk to remain tight in a bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom"

www.aweekendwife.blogspot.com

MagnoliaWhisper
True Blue Farmgirl

2817 Posts

Heather
Haysville Kansas
USA
2817 Posts

Posted - Oct 12 2009 :  06:17:58 AM  Show Profile
I personally prefer to upload to photobucket.com (because I've had my blog since before blogger allowed you to directly upload pics to them!) then use the HTML code and add it. I don't have the new format of blogger because I like the old, but I think this part is the same in both.

When you are writing your new entry, click on the HTML tab, and then you can copy and paste the HTML code from photo bucket, where you want it in your entry.

Probably easier to write out what you want first, then paste in the codes where you want them in your entry.

http://www.heathersprairie.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Linder
True Blue Farmgirl

592 Posts

Linda
Lake Forest IL
USA
592 Posts

Posted - Oct 12 2009 :  06:39:47 AM  Show Profile  Send Linder a Yahoo! Message
Thanks Heather!

If I can't figure out how to post multiple pictures I'll try photobucket. I do know this can be done because I've seen dozens of blogs that are beautifully laid out.

I know learning curves are suppose to be fun but man alive this is frustrating me!

"And the day came when the risk to remain tight in a bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom"

Go to Top of Page

Hosanna
True Blue Farmgirl

466 Posts

Hosanna
Alton Virginia
466 Posts

Posted - Oct 12 2009 :  10:45:55 AM  Show Profile
I use a free photo editing program through google - Picasa. They have a blogger button that automatically loads pics onto blogger for you at a click! They only do 4 large ones at a time, however. Try it! (I also use photobucket for more pics. But, I have some issues with photobucket. I might try "flikr" instead.)

www.happilyeverafterhosanna.blogspot.com
www.thewindofheaven.blogspot.com
www.CarolinaRoses.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

oldfashioned girl
True Blue Farmgirl

2391 Posts

monica
oatman az
USA
2391 Posts

Posted - Oct 12 2009 :  11:56:19 AM  Show Profile
Linda, Your blog looks good! You can put up more that one picture per post, but you have to upload them one at a time! When you do a new post, there is an icon, 3rd from the right that will say add image. click on that and it will say browse click on that and it will let you look through all of the pics you have on your computer. Since you already have a pic up I am assuming you have already done that, but you have to do it for each one that you want to put up. Make sure the size of your pics are not to big because I think there is a size limit and if the pics are really large they take longer and you may max out on the limit with just a couple pics. Also if it's big sometimes it won't upload it. Hope this helps! One thing to remember is that if you put more than one pic they go on from the bottom up.

Monica
farmgirls rule!

www.justducky48.etsy.com
www.justducky48.blogspot.com
www.duckystreasurechest.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

Linder
True Blue Farmgirl

592 Posts

Linda
Lake Forest IL
USA
592 Posts

Posted - Oct 12 2009 :  2:55:24 PM  Show Profile  Send Linder a Yahoo! Message
Thanks Monica!

Does this mean that I can post numerous pics on the same post but have to do them individually or do I have to do a new post for every picture?

Sorry for the dim question but it's the only way I'm going to learn! LOL!

thanks again!

Go to Top of Page

oldfashioned girl
True Blue Farmgirl

2391 Posts

monica
oatman az
USA
2391 Posts

Posted - Oct 12 2009 :  3:03:52 PM  Show Profile
Oh my gosh Linda, it is so NOT a dim question! When I first started on blogger, I was clueless! Now, I am just a bit less clueless than I was before! You can post more than one pic per post, you just have to upload them and save them one at a time!

Monica
farmgirls rule!

www.justducky48.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

therusticcottage
True Blue Farmgirl

4439 Posts

Kay
Vancouver WA
USA
4439 Posts

Posted - Oct 12 2009 :  4:09:58 PM  Show Profile
Blogger is still a pit when it comes to moving pictures around. It wants to put everything at the top and then you have to move them one paragraph at a time. Heather - thanks for the tip on using Photobucket. I hadn't thought of that. That would be so much easier.

Handmade Soap, Lotion Bars & More! http://therusticcottage.etsy.com
The Rustic Cottage Blog http://therusticcottage.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Linder
True Blue Farmgirl

592 Posts

Linda
Lake Forest IL
USA
592 Posts

Posted - Oct 12 2009 :  7:28:31 PM  Show Profile  Send Linder a Yahoo! Message
Monica you are a GODDESS! It worked! I now have multiple pictures on my blog. Thank you so much and thank you to all of you farm girls who have subscribed to my blog.

I have a very warm heart tonight.

Hugs,

Linder

Go to Top of Page

oldfashioned girl
True Blue Farmgirl

2391 Posts

monica
oatman az
USA
2391 Posts

Posted - Oct 12 2009 :  8:31:15 PM  Show Profile
Linda, You are too kind! Actually I can't tale credit for it really! I had a lot of help from some of the ladies here at MJF when I started my blog! Glad you got it figured out!

Monica
farmgirls rule!

www.justducky48.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

MagnoliaWhisper
True Blue Farmgirl

2817 Posts

Heather
Haysville Kansas
USA
2817 Posts

Posted - Oct 12 2009 :  9:14:57 PM  Show Profile
Welcome hope it helps. I have used blogger for the photos but it does take a while if you have more then a couple! hahaha

http://www.heathersprairie.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page
  Across the Fence: Previous Topic Help! I need blogger assistance! Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page