Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Herbal Wisdom
 "Wildcraft" the board game - it is fun!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Herbal Wisdom: Previous Topic "Wildcraft" the board game - it is fun! Next Topic  

Georgiaberry Mobley
True Blue Farmgirl

79 Posts

Georgiaberry
Fouke AR
USA
79 Posts

Posted - Oct 10 2009 :  2:46:12 PM  Show Profile
We ordered this game from LearningHerbs.com and it is a great product. I have been playing it with my daughter and nieces (ages 8-10) and our girl scout troop (grades 3-5). They get wrapped up in the story line (climbing a mountain to gather blueberries and running into "trouble" along the way, drawing cards representing common medicinal herbs and using them to help yourself or other players, trying to get back home by nightfall), and really study the plant cards. The plant cards can double as a concentration game, as there are two of each, or just to carry outside and id plants.

I was pleasantly surprised at the number of plants that occur here - SW arkansas - so it has actually been a useful addition to our wildflower and plant study. The folks that made the game did a great job - it is beautiful.

Anyhow - thought I would mention this game as some of you might enjoy it with your families!

Farmgirl Georgiaberry

always busy at www.SunshineForDinner.com

Mamarude
True Blue Farmgirl

107 Posts

Anna
Durango Colorado
USA
107 Posts

Posted - Oct 15 2009 :  6:49:13 PM  Show Profile
I'm so happy to hear this is a fun game! I just ordered it too, and am taking the Kids & Herbs class on learningherbs.com I'm hoping to use it with my boys, age 8 & 12.

Cherian
Go to Top of Page

Tanna
True Blue Farmgirl

195 Posts

Tanna
Fort Worth TX
USA
195 Posts

Posted - Jan 05 2010 :  3:27:46 PM  Show Profile
My boys, ages 6 and 10, love this game too. Particularly the 6 year old (Liam). Most of the kids in the neighborhood have come by to play it. Come to think of it some of the parents have enjoyed it too. It was a little surprising because it is so simple. I think it is the simplicity that is appealing. They have all learned a lot from the game too.

Tanna
Go to Top of Page

Marybeth
True Blue Farmgirl

6418 Posts

Mary Beth
Stanwood Wa 98292
USA
6418 Posts

Posted - Jan 05 2010 :  5:31:59 PM  Show Profile
I will have to look into this game. It sounds like fun and educational. MB

http://www.smallcityscenes.blogspot.com
www.strawberryhillsfarm.blogspot.com
www.day4plus.blogspot.com www.holyhouses-day4plus.blogspot.com
"Life may not be the party we hoped for...but while we are here we might as well dance!"
Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
Louisville Ohio(Stark Co)
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - Jan 06 2010 :  6:00:29 PM  Show Profile
Where did you find this game?

Farmgirl Sister# 905
Judy
Hugs&Squeezles!
I am not contained between my hat and my boots! -Walt Whitman-
Go to Top of Page

Pamela Joy
True Blue Farmgirl

89 Posts

Pamela
Hesperus CO
USA
89 Posts

Posted - Jan 17 2010 :  2:25:35 PM  Show Profile
Wow! My husband bought this for us (family gift) for Christmas! We have not played it yet, although it has been on the "evening agenda" several times - just keeps taking a back burner. I think I will put it on the dinner table right now, so it moves to the front burner and we will play it after dinner.

Peace, Love, and Joy
Go to Top of Page
  Herbal Wisdom: Previous Topic "Wildcraft" the board game - it is fun! Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page