Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Across the Fence
 Thought I'd pop in for a moment..........
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Across the Fence: Previous Topic Thought I'd pop in for a moment.......... Next Topic  

mikesgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

3659 Posts

Sherri
Elma WA
USA
3659 Posts

Posted - Oct 09 2009 :  3:58:26 PM  Show Profile
I haven't been on the forum much lately - lots of stuff going on in my life. Hubby is going on his third month being laid off, so we decided it was time I found a "real" job and worked on my business part time. I do alright with my business, but it's not really reliable income. Well, here's what happened. I saw an ad for a "visitation supervisor" position in the paper and decided to apply - it was supervising visitation between foster kids and bio-parents. That's sort of in my previous job field, ECE/social service. Well, I applied, and never heard back. About 6 weeks went by - I had forgotten about it. Then I got a message from the agency saying they knew I had applied for the VS position, but I was qualified to be a family advocate and was I interested in that position which had just opened up? Man, I jumped all over that, called back, interviewed on Wed. and started today. It's perfect - I will be doing Family Advocacy at an agency which deals with sexually abused children. It is part-time - 20 hours a week, over 4 days, so I can still work on my business. I hope I can do a good job at it - it's important work for those little ones. It will also give us a little breathing room in our "unemployment budget".

I miss you guys, and I'll be happy to get our internet back when he goes back to work!!

Farmgirl Sister #98
Visit my online store at:
http://www.shopthefrontier.com/VFstore/index.php?manufacturers_id=79&osCsid=6be4b25bf9555031c6e2e86bbde23dba

Bonnie Ellis
True Blue Farmgirl

2474 Posts

Bonnie
Minneapolis Minnesota
USA
2474 Posts

Posted - Oct 09 2009 :  6:01:57 PM  Show Profile
Whoo Hoo Sherri! Good luck. We'll be here when you can get back. God bless.........

Bonnie

grandmother and orphan farmgirl
Go to Top of Page

kristin sherrill
True Blue Farmgirl

11303 Posts

kristin
chickamauga ga
USA
11303 Posts

Posted - Oct 09 2009 :  7:09:34 PM  Show Profile
Hi Sherri. That sounds like a great job. I'm sure you will do so much for those kids.

Kris

Happiness is simple.
Go to Top of Page

LisaTwo
True Blue Farmgirl

127 Posts

Lisa
Hampden Maine
USA
127 Posts

Posted - Oct 09 2009 :  7:11:27 PM  Show Profile
Congratulations on the new job and thank you for it. It take a special person to do that sort of work and I'm sure it's very stressful. Good luck!

Smiles,
Lisa

http://pinkporches.blogspot.com/

*And you know when the truth is told-- you can get what you want--or you can just get old.* (Billy Joel)
Go to Top of Page

laurzgot
True Blue Farmgirl

1692 Posts

Laurie
Alvin Texas
USA
1692 Posts

Posted - Oct 09 2009 :  7:19:40 PM  Show Profile
Hi Sherri, The job sounds wonderful. And working with children is very important. This is a great saying that I have(100 years from now... it will not matter what my bank account was, the type of house I lived in, or the kind of car I drove,but the world may be different because I was important in the life of a child). unknown author. I'm sure you will do just fine Sherri. Good Luck.
Laurie

suburban countrygirl at heart
Go to Top of Page

RuralSuburbia
True Blue Farmgirl

251 Posts

Leslie
Northern CA
USA
251 Posts

Posted - Oct 09 2009 :  8:46:39 PM  Show Profile
That's wonderful news! Good luck with your new job :)

*I've got stars in my eyes and exactly $1 in my pocket!*
Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - Oct 10 2009 :  12:28:07 AM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
Wow Sheri! That is awesome! You have such a big heart for those kids! I wish I had the fortitude to do things like that but I would bawl my eyes out every day and not be effective enough for them! *hugs* Glad you got such a great job! I bet you are already looking forward to that first paycheck! ;)

Alee
Farmgirl Sister #8
www.awarmheart.com
www.farmgirlalee.blogspot.com
www.allergyjourneys.blogspot.com
Put your pin on the farmgirl map! www.farmgirlmap.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

mikesgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

3659 Posts

Sherri
Elma WA
USA
3659 Posts

Posted - Oct 10 2009 :  11:04:18 AM  Show Profile
Thanks everyone for the congrats - I feel really blessed to find something in my field in these times. And as much as it is a labor of the heart, Alee is right - I am looking forward to the first paycheck. But, as luck would have it, I started on the 9th, and they get paid once a month, on the 10th, so I have to wait a WHOLE MONTH for my first check, then it will only be 2/3 of a month, but hey, I'm still happy!

Farmgirl Sister #98
Visit my online store at:
http://www.shopthefrontier.com/VFstore/index.php?manufacturers_id=79&osCsid=6be4b25bf9555031c6e2e86bbde23dba
Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - Oct 10 2009 :  3:45:24 PM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
Wow! A once a month paycheck! Those are almost hard to deal with because it feels so long between paydays!

Alee
Farmgirl Sister #8
www.awarmheart.com
www.farmgirlalee.blogspot.com
www.allergyjourneys.blogspot.com
Put your pin on the farmgirl map! www.farmgirlmap.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

katmom
True Blue Farmgirl

17161 Posts

Grace
WACAL Gal WashCalif.
USA
17161 Posts

Posted - Oct 10 2009 :  9:58:47 PM  Show Profile
Hey Sherri,
Things always work out for a reason....and I am so happy to hear that they realized your potential and knew you would be perfect for the position.
Congrats & hugz to you....

>^..^< Happiness is being a katmom.
"I've never met a sewing machine I didn't like!"

www.katmom4.blogspot.com & http://www.graciesvictorianrose.blogspot.com

Go to Top of Page
  Across the Fence: Previous Topic Thought I'd pop in for a moment.......... Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page