22angel
True Blue Farmgirl

498 Posts

Pam
Manitoba
Canada
498 Posts

Posted - Oct 07 2009 :  9:00:45 PM  Show Profile
Well, I think winter's coming here lol....I'm just trying to avoid it :). (I love winter, but I like it when it's established, not just starting out!)

Right now it is +2C/36F and with the wind it feels like -4C/26F! But I'm NOT closing my windows yet!

On a good note, the snow that we were supposed to get is missing us :). Who knows what tomorrow will bring though...they change the weather at least twice a day (if not hourly lol).

Life isn't about finding yourself. It's about creating yourself.

kristin sherrill
True Blue Farmgirl

11303 Posts

kristin
chickamauga ga
USA
11303 Posts

Posted - Oct 09 2009 :  3:51:52 PM  Show Profile
Whoa! 36 already? That's cold. I think I'd shut the windows now! My goodness. it's 82 here in Georgia and muggy. My hubby is in Denver and said it's cold there with snow on the mountains. But there's always snow on the mountains in Col. I like winter but no snow for me.

Kris

Happiness is simple.
Go to Top of Page

22angel
True Blue Farmgirl

498 Posts

Pam
Manitoba
Canada
498 Posts

Posted - Oct 09 2009 :  4:58:26 PM  Show Profile
I finally closed them today, since it was rather frosty out at -2C/27 with a windchill of -9C/16. But when I got home I opened the window a teeny bit. And it's snowing again....

Go to Top of Page

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Oct 09 2009 :  9:09:36 PM  Show Profile
Pam:
Lucky you. Down here in Louisiana it was in the 90's. I mowed the yard in shorts. The humidity is so thick you could cut it with a knife. Now we are in for a rainy weekend. Oh, well. Sure wish I could enjoy your kind of cool weather. Enjoy it.
Marly

"It's only when we truly know and understand that we have a limited time on earth- and that we have no way of knowing when our time is up- that we will begin to live each day to the fullest, as if it was the only one we had." Elisabeth Kurler-Ross
Go to Top of Page

22angel
True Blue Farmgirl

498 Posts

Pam
Manitoba
Canada
498 Posts

Posted - Oct 14 2009 :  8:13:21 PM  Show Profile
I've been opening them off & on lately...it's snowing out right now & is around 0c/32f with a "windchill" of -5c/23f. I love it when it's snowing out....and I can walk to work, now that I have winter clothing (just got it from my Mom's this past wknd) & boots. Nice outside, not too cold & the kids love playing outside.

Go to Top of Page

22angel
True Blue Farmgirl

498 Posts

Pam
Manitoba
Canada
498 Posts

Posted - Nov 01 2009 :  6:09:59 PM  Show Profile
Getting close to when I have to put the dreaded plastic on the nice clean windows.....soon, I think....

Go to Top of Page

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Nov 01 2009 :  6:28:38 PM  Show Profile
Pam:
OMG that sounds so cold. Down here in Louisiana we may that temperature for maybe a week. I'd love for that cold weather to drift on down here. Today I set up my easel, painting outside, and I had to put on a pair of shorts because it was so hot.
32 degrees is super cold to me! LOL
Enjoy the cold.
Marly

"It's only when we truly know and understand that we have a limited time on earth- and that we have no way of knowing when our time is up- that we will begin to live each day to the fullest, as if it was the only one we had." Elisabeth Kurler-Ross
Go to Top of Page

22angel
True Blue Farmgirl

498 Posts

Pam
Manitoba
Canada
498 Posts

Posted - Nov 18 2009 :  5:24:54 PM  Show Profile
This month has been crazy for weather....I've still had my window open this week! On Monday & even yesterday, it was like +10C/50F, so I had my window open & it was just beautiful. {Makes me wish I lived on the south side instead of the north....} I wonder how long this lovely weather will last??? I haven't had my windows open in November since I don't know when. It's been a long time!

Go to Top of Page

kristin sherrill
True Blue Farmgirl

11303 Posts

kristin
chickamauga ga
USA
11303 Posts

Posted - Nov 19 2009 :  05:56:53 AM  Show Profile
I hope this weather hangs on for you, Pam. It's cool here today and looks like it might rain. It was beautiful yesterday and I hung out clothes and towels! Love it. But I think we're getting a cold front moving in. I used to love winter but last winter was so cold I have changed my mind! I don't like it so cold antmore. I want 70's perfect days.

Kris

Happiness is simple.
Go to Top of Page

22angel
True Blue Farmgirl

498 Posts

Pam
Manitoba
Canada
498 Posts

Posted - Nov 25 2009 :  7:23:03 PM  Show Profile
It's finally cooling off here...tonight it's supposed to be -13C/8F, so I'm thinking that this wknd the dreaded plastic is going on my drafty ground level windows......It was good while it lasted anyhow!

Go to Top of Page

Fiddlermom
Farmgirl in Training

47 Posts

Melissa
Logan AL
USA
47 Posts

Posted - Dec 02 2009 :  10:27:04 AM  Show Profile
It's taken all of fall for cool weather to arrive in Alabama. We've had a few chilly nights/days. December is here and I love it to be cold! I cannot imagine 8F weather. It's only that low here in Jan. and Feb. sometimes at night. It's funny how 50F days seem frigid when they get here finally!
Go to Top of Page

22angel
True Blue Farmgirl

498 Posts

Pam
Manitoba
Canada
498 Posts

Posted - Dec 02 2009 :  5:44:01 PM  Show Profile
Well, it snowed yesterday & today, about 8 inches in total. I do believe that it's time to put the plastic on my windows for the winter. Right now, it's -11C/+11F....but it's still fairly nice out, all things considered. And it is already December...so I say we're doing pretty good up here.

Go to Top of Page

22angel
True Blue Farmgirl

498 Posts

Pam
Manitoba
Canada
498 Posts

Posted - Dec 03 2009 :  7:27:14 PM  Show Profile
Ok, so I have one window closed for the winter now....put plastic on it tonight & although it's not a very good job, it's done. The bedroom window will have to wait until Saturday. Right now, it's -14C/6F, and tomorrow it's supposed to be -19C/-2F with a windchill of -28C/-19F. Now I think the windows can stay closed all day every day lol.

Go to Top of Page
  Weather Report: Previous Topic NOT Closing My Windows YET! Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page