Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Hogs & Quiches & Prayers Round-up
 Please pray for our little family-UPDATE
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Hogs & Quiches & Prayers Round-up: Previous Topic Please pray for our little family-UPDATE Next Topic
Page: of 2

FebruaryViolet
True Blue Farmgirl

4810 Posts

Jonni
Elsmere Kentucky
USA
4810 Posts

Posted - Oct 07 2009 :  08:11:33 AM  Show Profile
Don't want to go into just now, because I simply might lose it, but I am leaving the office to go home because of an emergency with Justin. Not trying to insight panic, just don't know exactly what I'm dealing with yet. Think of our little family. Please.

***Well...it's not great. But, we're not the only ones in this boat, I guess. Justin (and another server) lost their jobs yesterday because they were "taking the restaurant in a new direction" and wanted to start fresh with new people. The owner called him on the phone and told him while Justin was trying to feed Violet her morning bottle. He was very cavalier in his approach, and very much "Oh well, good luck to you!" and Justin is just beside himself with grief and anger and well...when he called me at work yesterday to tell me, he said he needed me to come home because he felt like he was losing his grip on any reality he might have. The baby was screaming and and he sounded like he was a centimeter tall. His voice was so small. So...defeated. Like he had just shrivelled up and died right there. So, I quickly had my mother go pick up Violet and take her for the day because I just didn't feel right about having her there with him--he sounded so changed, you see? And, I had his father call him, to make sure that he wasn't going to do anything stupid. He didn't say that he was, but he didn't at all sound like himself. And I know my husband. I know when he's very upset and this was...strange. He was disassociated. So, I went home and found him lying in a fetal position on the couch with some sleeping pills on the table. Thankfully, it was a new bottle, seal still on. So, I'm not sure what he was thinking of...rest, or the other thing. Anyway, I made him get up, wash his face, comb his hair, shave, etc..and drove him first to the unemployment office and second to the emergency services to have him evaluated. They gave him some sedatives and a referral to a psych. In the meantime, I'm just trying to keep it together and not think about what will happen to us. We were already just barely making it....And if I let myself think too much on that part, I think I might have to check myself in to the ward, too. I was pretty together until I saw Violet. And now I can't stop crying or feeling like we're just going to get swallowed. What little time I slept last night, I dreamt that I was drowning in a stormy sea.

He won't be able to make a claim until 10/20 for unemployment, but is starting to look for a job, any job, today. I'm just not sure what we will do. Please continue to think of us...thanks girls, for worrying about us.

Edited by - FebruaryViolet on Oct 08 2009 05:50:27 AM

Lainey
True Blue Farmgirl

2401 Posts

Elaine
Waco Kentucky
USA
2401 Posts

Posted - Oct 07 2009 :  08:14:05 AM  Show Profile
Oh Jonni I hope everything is okay. I am praying now for Justin and your family. Please let us know how things are going. And take care of you too.

Hug!

Farmgirl Sister #25

http://countrygirldreams.blogspot.com/

An Angel says, 'Never borrow from the future. If you worry about what may happen tomorrow and it doesn't happen, you have worried in vain. Even if it does happen, you have to worry twice.'
Go to Top of Page

Miss Bee Haven
True Blue Farmgirl

4331 Posts

Janice
Louisville/Irvington Kentucky
USA
4331 Posts

Posted - Oct 07 2009 :  08:20:21 AM  Show Profile  Send Miss Bee Haven a Yahoo! Message
Thinking of you and worrying. Please let us know. If you need anything, please call or email.

Farmgirl Sister #50

"If you think you've got it nailed down, then what's all that around it?"
'Br.Dave Gardner'
Go to Top of Page

Sitnalta
True Blue Farmgirl

4208 Posts

Jessica
NJ
USA
4208 Posts

Posted - Oct 07 2009 :  09:12:15 AM  Show Profile
aww HUGS, Girlfriend! We'll be praying here! :D
hugs

Jessie

People are like stained-glass windows.
They sparkle and shine when the sun is out,
but when the darkness sets in,
their true beauty is revealed only if there is a light from within.

www.messiejessie2.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

crafter
True Blue Farmgirl

2313 Posts

lori
Fort Atkinson Wisconsin
USA
2313 Posts

Posted - Oct 07 2009 :  09:40:34 AM  Show Profile
Sending hugs and prayers your way!! Keep us posted dear friend!
Lori
Go to Top of Page

Marcy
True Blue Farmgirl

2701 Posts

Marcy
Tiverton Rhode Island
USA
2701 Posts

Posted - Oct 07 2009 :  09:41:17 AM  Show Profile
Sending you love, hugs and the best of wishes that everything turns out fine. Please let us know how things are going.

Farmgirl #170

Since you get more joy out of giving joy to others, you should put a good deal of thought into the happiness that you are able to give...Eleanor Roosevelt

http://marcysworldofcreativity.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - Oct 07 2009 :  09:42:39 AM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
Oh Jonni! I hope all is well!

Alee
Farmgirl Sister #8
www.awarmheart.com
www.farmgirlalee.blogspot.com
www.allergyjourneys.blogspot.com
Put your pin on the farmgirl map! www.farmgirlmap.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Autumn Leaves
True Blue Farmgirl

463 Posts

Jennifer
Northern California
USA
463 Posts

Posted - Oct 07 2009 :  10:01:37 AM  Show Profile
I'll be hoping for the best!

Warm Wishes
Jennifer

Never let yesterday use up too much of today - Will Rogers
http://jenscountrylife.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Nancy Gartenman
True Blue Farmgirl

9093 Posts

Nancy
West Seneca New York
USA
9093 Posts

Posted - Oct 07 2009 :  10:20:31 AM  Show Profile
Thinking of you, let us know how things are we worry.
NANCY JO

www.Nancy-Jo.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

chaddsgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

843 Posts

Sarah
Farmgirl Sisterhood #639 MO
USA
843 Posts

Posted - Oct 07 2009 :  1:44:32 PM  Show Profile
Thinking of you Jonni and hoping everything will be o.k. Very worried about you though.

A person is a success if they get up in the morning and get to bed at night and in between does what they want to do. Bob Dylan
Go to Top of Page

Marybeth
True Blue Farmgirl

6418 Posts

Mary Beth
Stanwood Wa 98292
USA
6418 Posts

Posted - Oct 07 2009 :  5:09:19 PM  Show Profile
I am thinking of you all and sending good vibes your way. Breath deep. MB

http://www.smallcityscenes.blogspot.com
www.strawberryhillsfarm.blogspot.com
www.day4plus.blogspot.com www.holyhouses-day4plus.blogspot.com
"Life may not be the party we hoped for...but while we are here we might as well dance!"

Edited by - Marybeth on Oct 07 2009 5:10:07 PM
Go to Top of Page

RubyJunes
True Blue Farmgirl

246 Posts

June
Greenwich Ohio
USA
246 Posts

Posted - Oct 07 2009 :  5:11:05 PM  Show Profile
Praying for you and your family, Jonni!

June
www.RubyJunes.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Roxy7
True Blue Farmgirl

1083 Posts

Robin
Denver CO
USA
1083 Posts

Posted - Oct 08 2009 :  06:31:45 AM  Show Profile
Prayers sent.

My husband was laid off from his job of 17 years when our son was 6 months old. I am a sahm. I was terrified, but my husband had a job the next day and it was a better job. When God closes a door , he opens a window. I truly believe that. Instead of looking at the closed door, remind your hubby to look for the open window.
Go to Top of Page

Ga Girl
True Blue Farmgirl

2355 Posts

Karen
Meansville Ga.
USA
2355 Posts

Posted - Oct 08 2009 :  06:34:27 AM  Show Profile
Jonni, You and your hubby are in my prayers. Blessings,Karen

Create in me a pure heart,O God and renew a steadfast spirit within me. Psalms 51:10
www.KKJD1.etsy.com
http://farmgirlingastyle.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

Laila
True Blue Farmgirl

273 Posts

Laila
Kutztown PA
USA
273 Posts

Posted - Oct 08 2009 :  06:37:14 AM  Show Profile
Jonni,
I am praying for your family that everything will work out and that Justin finds a better job.

Laila
Go to Top of Page

Miss Bee Haven
True Blue Farmgirl

4331 Posts

Janice
Louisville/Irvington Kentucky
USA
4331 Posts

Posted - Oct 08 2009 :  06:39:04 AM  Show Profile  Send Miss Bee Haven a Yahoo! Message
I sent you an email. This happened to David after working ten years for the KY Humane Society. No notice, nothing. He had to clear out his office in an hour. What didn't kill us made us stronger. We took the piddly severance money and had a basement dug and started the addition on the farmhouse. And another door did open and the job he has now is better than before.

Farmgirl Sister #50

"If you think you've got it nailed down, then what's all that around it?"
'Br.Dave Gardner'
Go to Top of Page

chaddsgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

843 Posts

Sarah
Farmgirl Sisterhood #639 MO
USA
843 Posts

Posted - Oct 08 2009 :  06:59:43 AM  Show Profile
Just caught the update, and I am relieved that no mortal injury has befallen either of you or Violet. However, I can completely sympathize with you. My thoughts are with you, warm hugs to you and your little family. Prayers that Justin will find another job very, very quickly.

A person is a success if they get up in the morning and get to bed at night and in between does what they want to do. Bob Dylan
Go to Top of Page

lilwing
True Blue Farmgirl

1403 Posts

Brooke
Fulshear Texas
USA
1403 Posts

Posted - Oct 08 2009 :  07:15:44 AM  Show Profile  Send lilwing a Yahoo! Message
Thinking of you and sending prayers.... When ones door closes, another opens....it's that cheesy saying but it is true....I know it's going to be hard, but you have to be strong right now... I have been in a somewhat similar position... I wish I had more helps and assurances to give...you know we're (farmgirls) here if you need us!

~~~~
http://nightbirdtrading.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

Amie C.
True Blue Farmgirl

2099 Posts

Finger Lakes Region NY
2099 Posts

Posted - Oct 08 2009 :  07:28:23 AM  Show Profile
Thinking of you guys and sending prayers for Justin.

Go to Top of Page

Lainey
True Blue Farmgirl

2401 Posts

Elaine
Waco Kentucky
USA
2401 Posts

Posted - Oct 08 2009 :  07:36:35 AM  Show Profile
Jonni, you, Justin, and Violet are in my prayers. I have been worried and I'm so sorry to hear about this. I hope that Justin feels better soon. I pray that something even better jobwise will come along for him. If you need anything or there's anything I can do please let me know. (((Hug)))

Farmgirl Sister #25

http://countrygirldreams.blogspot.com/

An Angel says, 'Never borrow from the future. If you worry about what may happen tomorrow and it doesn't happen, you have worried in vain. Even if it does happen, you have to worry twice.'

Edited by - Lainey on Oct 08 2009 07:37:10 AM
Go to Top of Page

Calicogirl
True Blue Farmgirl

5216 Posts

Sharon
Bruce Crossing Michigan
USA
5216 Posts

Posted - Oct 08 2009 :  10:01:03 AM  Show Profile
I'm so sorry Jonni. You Justin and Violet are all in my prayers. praying for strengthening of Justin (and you) and for the Lord to provide an even better job for Justin with awesome benefits :)

~Sharon

By His Grace, For His Glory

http://merryheartjournal.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

CountryBorn
True Blue Farmgirl

1545 Posts

Mary Jane
New York
USA
1545 Posts

Posted - Oct 08 2009 :  2:36:24 PM  Show Profile
Jonni, what a crummy thing to have happen and the way they did it too. Sometimes you wonder what has happened to compassion and being as civil and making it easier on people being let go. I am very sorry that you have to deal with this. Poor Justin was probably so shocked and stunned he really didn't have time to process it all, and got very overwhelmed. You know many other people are in the same boat, but it is still scary when it happens to your own family. You did all the right things for Justin and I know a job will come a long. I pray for all of you. Remember honey, as long as you still have each other and your darling baby you two will be fine, that is what really matters in this world, that I know for sure.Everything else will follow.

Hugs, love and prayers,
MJ

There can be no happiness if the things we believe in are different from the things we do. Freya Stark
Go to Top of Page

prariehawk
True Blue Farmgirl

2914 Posts

Cindy

2914 Posts

Posted - Oct 08 2009 :  3:51:02 PM  Show Profile
Praying for all of you. I hope another job comes along for Justin that's even better than the one he had. Sounds like you're doing all the right things. I don't know if you're a church-goer, but it might be helpful to seek spiritual support. hang in there...

"Dog is my co-pilot"

Visit my blog at http://www.farmerinthebelle.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

Sitnalta
True Blue Farmgirl

4208 Posts

Jessica
NJ
USA
4208 Posts

Posted - Oct 08 2009 :  4:14:24 PM  Show Profile
Jonni-- I understand the scads of emotions you must be feeling. I am praying God would hold you in His arms and that He would show you the way when right now it doesn't seem like there is one.
Hugs and prayers to all of you!!

Jessie

People are like stained-glass windows.
They sparkle and shine when the sun is out,
but when the darkness sets in,
their true beauty is revealed only if there is a light from within.

www.messiejessie2.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

mellaisbella
True Blue Farmgirl

1862 Posts

melanie
living on Anne of Green Gables land
Canada
1862 Posts

Posted - Oct 08 2009 :  4:36:27 PM  Show Profile
Jonni , my prayers are with you my friend...hugs from me and Oliver

"we must be the change we wish to see in the world"
farmgal #150
Go to Top of Page

kmbrown
True Blue Farmgirl

459 Posts

Misty
Waynesboro Pennsylvania
USA
459 Posts

Posted - Oct 08 2009 :  6:23:30 PM  Show Profile
Oh Jonni I am so sorry about all this. My prayers will be with you and your family. PLEASE keep us posted.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Hogs & Quiches & Prayers Round-up: Previous Topic Please pray for our little family-UPDATE Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page