Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Fabulous Farm Collectibles
 *Farmgirl Barter™
 Can anyone use a knitting pattern book? GONE
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author *Farmgirl Barter™: Previous Topic Can anyone use a knitting pattern book? GONE Next Topic  

sewsweet
True Blue Farmgirl

172 Posts

Carol

Canada
172 Posts

Posted - Oct 02 2009 :  09:59:09 AM  Show Profile
I'm cleaning out my over-stuffed bookcase and found a craft book I will never use. The patterns are fabulous and inspired, but alas, I am not up to that level of knitting. (I can't seem to get beyond the dishcloth stage!) It's called, "Viking Patterns for Knitting" by Elsebeth Lavold, 126 pages, hardcover. Lots of great sweater,afghan, mitten, cap and sock patterns for all ages, all with a Viking theme.

LMK if you're interested in a trade. I'm just getting back into sewing so I'm looking for retro design cotton fabrics, christmas-themed cotton fabrics, tea-themed cotton fabric, an apron (XL), pinkeeper, or pretty much anything homemade for the kitchen. If you have an extra pair of old pinking shears laying around (gosh, I miss my Mom's pair from years ago!)I really need a pair. But, I'm pretty easy as far as a trade goes. I just want someone to get some use out of this book.

~Carol

Edited by - sewsweet on Oct 03 2009 6:44:19 PM

MissLiss
Farmgirl Legend Schoolmarm

322 Posts

Melissa
Corona CA
USA
322 Posts

Posted - Oct 02 2009 :  7:55:59 PM  Show Profile
Sewsweet! I would love the Coats & Clark Doll Clothes pattern book! I'm going to be making my DD a ton of clothes for her barbies this Christmas and could really use some patterns!!! I could make you an embroidered pinkeeper (and since you make your own dishcloths I won't offer those ;-) ), I embroider hankies too. I also do a bit of cross-stitch, so if you're interested in something like that I could make you a little wall plaque or something for your kitchen. Just tell me the colors you want/like and let me know if any of that sounds good to you, maybe we can make a trade!

Melissa ~ Farmgirl #724
Use it up, Wear it out, Make it do, Or go without!
Go to Top of Page

CathyM
True Blue Farmgirl

344 Posts

Cathy
Tulsa OK
USA
344 Posts

Posted - Oct 02 2009 :  9:50:43 PM  Show Profile
SewSweet do you still have the "Viking Patterns for Knitting" by Elsebeth Lavold, 126 pages, hardcover. Lots of great sweater,afghan, mitten, cap and sock patterns for all ages, all with a Viking theme. available?? I am interested, I am emailing you.

Farmgirl Sister #710

"Not all who wander are lost"
JRR Tolkien
Go to Top of Page

MissLiss
Farmgirl Legend Schoolmarm

322 Posts

Melissa
Corona CA
USA
322 Posts

Posted - Oct 03 2009 :  09:06:15 AM  Show Profile
Awe, thanks for posting that about the Doll Book! I'm bummed that it won't be of much use to me! I've been looking everywhere for a doll cloths pattern book! So thanks for telling me that it was mostly knitting/crochet - I don't think I can use it. Sorry!

Melissa ~ Farmgirl #724
Use it up, Wear it out, Make it do, Or go without!
Go to Top of Page
  *Farmgirl Barter™: Previous Topic Can anyone use a knitting pattern book? GONE Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page