Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Stitching & Crafting Room
 Garter belt, need help!!!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Stitching & Crafting Room: Previous Topic Garter belt, need help!!! Next Topic  

dutchy
True Blue Farmgirl

4427 Posts

4427 Posts

Posted - Sep 29 2009 :  08:58:57 AM  Show Profile
I am now making my friends ring bearer pillow, and want to make her a wedding garter too. She likes them she just told me this afternoon, but didn't know where to buy one. ME happy because I have this idea to make one for her (surprise her with it, lol)BUT need a pattern, been looking online but can't find one . Maybe one of you know of a site with free instructions? I need a simple one, just some white fabric, and a ribbon. NO lace (well maybe a little, lol) PLEASE help me, I just don't have the time to browse for a longer time now

Thanks gals

Hugs from Marian/Dutchy, a farmgirl from the Netherlands :)

My personal blog:
http://just-me-a-dutch-girl.blogspot.com/

Almost daily updates on me and mine :)

AuntPammy
True Blue Farmgirl

488 Posts

Pamila
williamstown wv
USA
488 Posts

Posted - Sep 29 2009 :  09:10:25 AM  Show Profile  Click to see AuntPammy's MSN Messenger address
Here is how I made one for my sis-in-law last year. I took a piece of eyelet ribbon (enough to go around her thigh) and then I threaded the eyelet with ribbon (I used thin satin ribbon) long enough to tie a pretty bow once she got it on. I matched the ribbon with the gold in her colors.It was fast and easy and pretty. If you want the elastic kind you will have to make the ribbon twice the measurement of her leg and stretch the elastic to the back of it and then sew the ends together to form a circle.I hope this helps, I can't find a pattern of one.

"Keep your face to the sunshine and you will never see the shadow." Helen Keller

www.auntpsalmostheaven.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

dutchy
True Blue Farmgirl

4427 Posts

4427 Posts

Posted - Sep 29 2009 :  09:25:30 AM  Show Profile
Thanks Pam. No I don't need a pattern just the directions and you helped :)

Thanks will give it a try :) SEE how it works out. She doesn't know so if it doesn't work......lol;)

My personal blog:

Go to Top of Page

laurzgot
True Blue Farmgirl

1669 Posts

Laurie
Alvin Texas
USA
1669 Posts

Posted - Sep 29 2009 :  11:52:58 AM  Show Profile
I made one for my daughter's wedding. It matched the gown that I made. All I did was to cut a strip of the fabric, press the fabric, then a narrow hemm on all sides, I put some lace on top of fabric. Lay ontop of elastic cut to size or you can guesstamate. Then I stitched down the middle. Sewed ends together.
Laurie

suburban countrygirl at heart
Go to Top of Page

dutchy
True Blue Farmgirl

4427 Posts

4427 Posts

Posted - Sep 29 2009 :  12:30:52 PM  Show Profile
I will have to guess because it will be a surprise :) I was thinking of adding extra ribbon to both ends so that she can tie it in a bow to fit her thigh. I can't measure mine because her legs are not as skinny as mine lol. AH well, I bet it'll work out, and if she doesn't want to wear it, so be it. Up to her, just wanted to make her one for fun :)

OH and the ringbearer pillow is finished already and looking C U T E and pretty

My personal blog:

Edited by - dutchy on Sep 29 2009 12:31:43 PM
Go to Top of Page
  Stitching & Crafting Room: Previous Topic Garter belt, need help!!! Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page