Page: of 2

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Sep 26 2009 :  3:42:23 PM  Show Profile
I love coffee now. I did not start drinking coffee until 2005. I needed the energy everyone said it would give me. Now, I can't wait to wake up in the morning and have a cup of super strong coffee.
Marly

"It's only when we truly know and understand that we have a limited time on earth- and that we have no way of knowing when our time is up- that we will begin to live each day to the fullest, as if it was the only one we had." Elisabeth Kurler-Ross

mellaisbella
True Blue Farmgirl

1862 Posts

melanie
living on Anne of Green Gables land
Canada
1862 Posts

Posted - Sep 26 2009 :  3:45:58 PM  Show Profile
hey...I thought I was the only one !! LOL!! By about this time of night...getting ready for bed and thinking about what I will be doing tomorrow, I start to look forward to my morning coffee:)

"we must be the change we wish to see in the world"
farmgal #150
Go to Top of Page

naturemaiden
True Blue Farmgirl

2569 Posts

Connie - Farmgirl #673
Hoosick Falls NY
USA
2569 Posts

Posted - Sep 26 2009 :  4:05:46 PM  Show Profile
I cant start my day without it
Connie

www.NatureMaiden.com -Handcrafted Bath & Body Products that I make myself- including soaps, salves, lotion bars, lip balms, natural deodorants, body sprays, hydrosols, salt scrubs, and MUCH more!

http://site.naturemaiden.com/blog1/ (Business Blog)

http://flowerchild-lifeinthegarden.blogspot.com/(Personal blog)

Go to Top of Page

naturemaiden
True Blue Farmgirl

2569 Posts

Connie - Farmgirl #673
Hoosick Falls NY
USA
2569 Posts

Posted - Sep 26 2009 :  4:06:46 PM  Show Profile
Hi Melanie,
do you really live on anne of green gables land? I have ALL of those movies, LOVE them!
Connie

www.NatureMaiden.com -Handcrafted Bath & Body Products that I make myself- including soaps, salves, lotion bars, lip balms, natural deodorants, body sprays, hydrosols, salt scrubs, and MUCH more!

http://site.naturemaiden.com/blog1/ (Business Blog)

http://flowerchild-lifeinthegarden.blogspot.com/(Personal blog)

Go to Top of Page

countrymum
True Blue Farmgirl

97 Posts

Lorie
PA
USA
97 Posts

Posted - Sep 26 2009 :  6:10:36 PM  Show Profile
nothin' like the smell of coffee brewing in the morning,Mmm!

"Life is brief & very fragile. Do that which makes you happy."- Flavia
Go to Top of Page

Cabinprincess
True Blue Farmgirl

682 Posts

Melody June
Athens TX
USA
682 Posts

Posted - Sep 26 2009 :  7:38:44 PM  Show Profile
I start my day with coffee, drink it all day long and have my last cup just before bed. And the stronger the better and black. LOL This is my vice for sure!!

Smiles, Melody June

God's gift to you are your talents, your gift to Him is how you use them.
Go to Top of Page

1badmamawolf
True Blue Farmgirl

2199 Posts

Teresa
"Bent Fence Farms" Ca
USA
2199 Posts

Posted - Sep 26 2009 :  8:21:25 PM  Show Profile
I have cut way back over the years, I used to drink a couple of pots by my self, now I have one giant cup in the morn, as I watch the sun come-up.

"Treat the earth well, it was not given to you by your parents, it was loaned to you by your children"
Go to Top of Page

BarefootGoatGirl
True Blue Farmgirl

1495 Posts

Corrine
North Carolina
USA
1495 Posts

Posted - Sep 26 2009 :  8:43:43 PM  Show Profile  Send BarefootGoatGirl a Yahoo! Message
My mama says that I bleed coffee. Its the one absolute necessity in my kitchen. I can get by with just about anything except coffee.

What we write today slipped into our souls some other day when we were alone and doing nothing.
-Brenda Ueland

http://quilandneedle.blogspot.com/

http://musingandmuttering.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

cheneygal
True Blue Farmgirl

503 Posts

Suzie
Cheney Wa.
USA
503 Posts

Posted - Sep 26 2009 :  9:03:38 PM  Show Profile
There's nothing better than that first cup, watching the sun come up in the quiet hours, absolutely NOTHING!!!

live, laugh, love
Go to Top of Page

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Sep 26 2009 :  9:50:00 PM  Show Profile
Thanks for the postings all of you coffee-drinking MJ farmgirls. LOL
Marly

"It's only when we truly know and understand that we have a limited time on earth- and that we have no way of knowing when our time is up- that we will begin to live each day to the fullest, as if it was the only one we had." Elisabeth Kurler-Ross
Go to Top of Page

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Sep 26 2009 :  9:54:40 PM  Show Profile
Melody June:
Do you sleep at night? I have to cut the coffee out by 1 PM or I cannot sleep. What is the secret, if you do sleep, that you can drink that wonderful, powerful, dark, strong coffee until night? Tell me, tell me. LOL
Marly

Go to Top of Page

Firemama
True Blue Farmgirl

1731 Posts

Amanda
Medical Lake WA
USA
1731 Posts

Posted - Sep 26 2009 :  10:17:29 PM  Show Profile  Send Firemama a Yahoo! Message
LOVE IT!! I cant function w/out it. I had to stop drinking regular and switch to decafe', but have slowly started going back to more regular. I recently figured out how to make my own Pumpkin Spice Latte,as good as Starbucks!! Thank the Lord and it saves me moola too!! a

Mama to 2
FarmGirl# 20

People can only make you feel inferior with your permission, and you dont have my permission......

Dont let the chain of love end with you.....

http://myfarmdreams.blogspot.com/

Go to Top of Page

GailMN
True Blue Farmgirl

471 Posts

Gail
Hutchinson Minnesota
USA
471 Posts

Posted - Sep 27 2009 :  05:00:48 AM  Show Profile  Send GailMN a Yahoo! Message
I echo everything you all have said regarding coffee. I need my coffee in the morning before I do ANYTHING else - when my kids were still home they knew better than to ask Mom anything before I had that first cup of coffee in hand. Amanda will you share your recipe for Pumpkin Spice Latte? I'm drooling with anticipation.

Farmgirl Sister #506
Aim high; shoot for the moon and if you miss it, grab a star.
Go to Top of Page

deeredawn
True Blue Farmgirl

2306 Posts

Dawn
Cordova TN
USA
2306 Posts

Posted - Sep 27 2009 :  08:02:39 AM  Show Profile
My favorite Coffee quotes:

Dont' worry Coffee will save us!

I'm one cup of coffee away from being brilliant.

Coffee...good....work....bad....

Ha! Me love some coffee too! Lattes, cappuccino's, mocha-tini's, frappuccino's... I'm obsessed! Okay, off for another cuppa joe!

Dawn #279
MJ's Heirloom Mavens-QMD
http://harvestthyme.blogspot.com
http://maknfaces.blogspot.com
http://harvestthymefarm.etsy.com
~I'd rather be on my farm than Emperor of the World~George Washington
Go to Top of Page

Cheryl
True Blue Farmgirl

919 Posts

Cheryl
Magalia CA
USA
919 Posts

Posted - Sep 27 2009 :  08:06:54 AM  Show Profile
I love coffee! My favorite is Peets.

Cheryl, Farmgirl Sister #48
I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me. Philippians 4:13

http://craftyhands.typepad.com
cheryl12.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

Firemama
True Blue Farmgirl

1731 Posts

Amanda
Medical Lake WA
USA
1731 Posts

Posted - Sep 27 2009 :  10:16:15 AM  Show Profile  Send Firemama a Yahoo! Message
Gail, I went to Cash and Carry, or you might have like a smaller wholesale. They have a big 64 ounce jug of Pumkin Pie Sauce. I do 2 pumps of the sauce, and 2 shots espresso and steamed milk. I hope you find some, ause it sure beats 4.25 at SB!!

Mama to 2
FarmGirl# 20

People can only make you feel inferior with your permission, and you dont have my permission......

Dont let the chain of love end with you.....

http://myfarmdreams.blogspot.com/

Go to Top of Page

bobbinrobin
True Blue Farmgirl

590 Posts

Sharon
Newman Lake WA
USA
590 Posts

Posted - Sep 27 2009 :  10:40:39 AM  Show Profile
Sitting here mid~morning drinking my fourth cup of coffee and reading your posts! Just as soon as I check my farmgirl forums and have my "grape juice/certo" drink first thing in the morning, I head for the coffee pot. Can't live without it! Bottoms up!

P.S.: Does anyone else use the grape jc/certo combo to help with arthritis?

How beautiful a day can be when kindness touches it. -G. Elliston

www.sharnymcclarny.etsy.com
www.bobbinrobin.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

Cabinprincess
True Blue Farmgirl

682 Posts

Melody June
Athens TX
USA
682 Posts

Posted - Sep 27 2009 :  11:23:36 AM  Show Profile
LOL I sleep like a baby. Now if I had a soda pop or tea in the evening I'd be up for a week. LOL

Smiles, Melody June

God's gift to you are your talents, your gift to Him is how you use them.
Go to Top of Page

Farmgirl Barb
Farmgirl in Training

11 Posts

Barbara
Chesterfield sc
USA
11 Posts

Posted - Sep 27 2009 :  1:44:03 PM  Show Profile
I am a big coffee drinker. I work as a secretary, and occasionally I'll be so busy that I'll start my day without coffee. My boss says that makes me really irritable... if I don't get a cup first thing in the morning, he will stop what he is doing a fix a cup and bring it to me. He'll say, "either drink this coffee or go home." Isn't that a great boss?

Barb J.
www.victoriahillfarm.com
An Urban Homestead
Go to Top of Page

knittingmom
True Blue Farmgirl

665 Posts

AnneMarie
Edmonton Alberta
Canada
665 Posts

Posted - Sep 27 2009 :  6:36:36 PM  Show Profile
Mmmm coffee. My favourite is Grizzly Claw by Kicking Horse Coffee (don't know if you can get it in the States, but you can order it on line). My coffee mug says "Coffee.... wonderful proof that God understands our needs and meets them perfectly".

"There is no foot so small that it cannot leave an imprint on this world"
Go to Top of Page

peapicker
True Blue Farmgirl

716 Posts

texas
USA
716 Posts

Posted - Sep 27 2009 :  7:32:42 PM  Show Profile
Sharon, I never heard of grape juice and certo for arthritis. Would you explain it a little more.

Yes, I am addicted to coffee. It's the one thing that I would have a very hard time giving up. I drink hot tea sometimes, but coffee is a necessity.....just my opinion..... I know I could live without it, but that wouldn't be much fun. I still want to try roasing my own beans, just as soon as I get organized enough to order some.

Enjoy the little things, for one day you may look back and realize they were the big things.
Robert Brault
Go to Top of Page

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Sep 27 2009 :  8:21:57 PM  Show Profile
My favorite coffee is Community (dark roast) or Mello Joy (dark roast) both Louisiana coffees.
I'd love for all of you MJ farmgirl coffee drinkers to come by and have coffee with me. I'd even get up early in the morning to greet all of you!
Marly

Go to Top of Page

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Sep 27 2009 :  8:23:10 PM  Show Profile
Melody June:
Your answer cannot be that simple. How come you can sleep after drinking coffee all day, and I cannot. LOL
How many cups do you drink in a day. Give me some information here. LOL
Marly

Go to Top of Page

Countrybaker
Farmgirl in Training

20 Posts

Cheryl
WA
USA
20 Posts

Posted - Sep 27 2009 :  8:32:52 PM  Show Profile
I love coffee....I start each day with a cup from my trustee French Press!

Laugh when you should and apologize when you should and let go of what you can't change
Go to Top of Page

HeatherAnn
True Blue Farmgirl

187 Posts

Heather
Rancho Cucamonga CA
USA
187 Posts

Posted - Sep 27 2009 :  10:44:47 PM  Show Profile
I love having my 'cuppa' in the morning! My favorite little treat is all the fun mugs with memories attached - my moms mug from when I was a little girl, my east coast country club grandma's super fancy mug, my goofy pink flamingo florida grandma's flowery mug, my favorite mug when I was a little girl with the little pink teddy bears having a tea party. ugh! And I get to be reminded of all these lovely things while I drink in coffee, any old coffee, with some fancy creamer...

if only my toddler and 3 month old wouldn't usually keep me from finishing my two cups before they are cold! a few more years, and our mornings will be clock work!

it's late. I'm sleepy and I want to wake up tomorrow, snuggle with my home made prayer shawl and one of my 'memory cups' of coffee and my bible. oh dang. I'm going to have sweet dreams to night. g'nite ladies!

Heather Ann
Apartment Farmgirl

"You got to look at all the good on one side and all the bad on the other and say 'Well, alright then.'" - Aunt Eller, Oklahoma

www.plumblossomknits.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

Annab
True Blue Farmgirl

2900 Posts

Anna
Seagrove NC
USA
2900 Posts

Posted - Sep 28 2009 :  03:27:22 AM  Show Profile
I drink a diet pepsi for my morning caffiene, but love a good cafe mocha.

Hardly "real" coffee by most standards, but still good
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Farm Kitchen: Previous Topic Any Coffee drinkers? Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page