Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Parenting & Farm Kids
 After 8 years 2 months it's official...
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Parenting & Farm Kids: Previous Topic After 8 years 2 months it's official... Next Topic  

julia hayes
True Blue Farmgirl

1132 Posts

julia
medical lake wa
USA
1132 Posts

Posted - Sep 23 2009 :  7:33:36 PM  Show Profile
I'm no longer nursing! I was sitting outside on our stage watching the kids play when it hit me that I can't remember the last time Rianna had her little cuddle time with me. It can't be more than a few days but still. She hasn't asked...she has moved on. She is fully potty trained too and seems to be all about being a big girl. I've been nursing 8.2 years straight! Even I can't believe it. I nursed with Reo all through my pregnancy with Aria and with Aria all through my pregnancy with Rianna, who will be 3 this coming December. I'm just wow'd...It is a huge passage and I find myself a little sad/happy about it. It has been so wonderful and yet it is so amazing to be facing this phase too......Wow...~julia

being simple to simply be
Farmgirl #30
www.julia42.etsy.com
www.about-aria.blogspot.com

Firemama
True Blue Farmgirl

1731 Posts

Amanda
Medical Lake WA
USA
1731 Posts

Posted - Sep 23 2009 :  7:52:37 PM  Show Profile  Send Firemama a Yahoo! Message
Aww Julia.. sad and refreshing at the same time huh??

Mama to 2
FarmGirl# 20

People can only make you feel inferior with your permission, and you dont have my permission......

Dont let the chain of love end with you.....

http://myfarmdreams.blogspot.com/

Go to Top of Page

ruralfarmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

4309 Posts

Rene'
Prosser WA
USA
4309 Posts

Posted - Sep 24 2009 :  12:51:28 AM  Show Profile  Send ruralfarmgirl a Yahoo! Message
WOW Julia what a huge step for the both of you.

Circumstances made us FRIENDS; MaryJanesFarm made us SISTERS :)

Rene'Groom~
Sisterhood Coordinator

Farmgirl Sister #185
www.MaryJanesFarm.com/RFBlog/
www.Twitter.com/RuralFarmgirl
www.FarmGirlsFarm.blogspot.com

Go to Top of Page

Nancy Gartenman
True Blue Farmgirl

9093 Posts

Nancy
West Seneca New York
USA
9093 Posts

Posted - Sep 24 2009 :  06:12:45 AM  Show Profile
Wow Julia, you can now wear blouses that button in the back!
Nancy Jo

www.Nancy-Jo.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

HeatherAnn
True Blue Farmgirl

187 Posts

Heather
Rancho Cucamonga CA
USA
187 Posts

Posted - Sep 26 2009 :  09:17:15 AM  Show Profile
Oh I remember weaning my first a month before I had my second and it's so bittersweet. I was glad to have my girls to myself again and be able to wear the pretty bras and whatever shirt I wanted. But I missed being needed so much. It was so wierd to me that I could leave for a weekend if I wanted to and everything would be just fine! And the idea that I could wear a normal bra, an undershirt, a turtle neck, and a jacket over that and never have to give all those layers another thought till bed time, was almost mind boggleing! I've still got a while before I'm weaning my seond, but I sure am enjoying cuddling with him!

I think God set us up so perfect. You gotta hold your baby everytime they eat and they are situated perfectly so you can look into eachothers eyes. So awesome. And to think about how important it is for babies to be touched and held and that if they aren't touched and held they die! And yet we haven't been able to feed them without holding them until the creation of formula just a few decades ago! God is amazing!

Heather Ann
Apartment Farmgirl

"You got to look at all the good on one side and all the bad on the other and say 'Well, alright then.'" - Aunt Eller, Oklahoma

www.plumblossomknits.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

ddmashayekhi
True Blue Farmgirl

4738 Posts

Dawn
Naperville Illinois
USA
4738 Posts

Posted - Sep 26 2009 :  09:32:32 AM  Show Profile
Liberating and bittersweet. I nursed my younger two sons. They are 18 years apart! I was thrilled to have one more baby and savor every fleeting moment of the baby time. Now my little one is in first grade. Time sure does fly by when it comes to raising kids.

Dawn in IL
Go to Top of Page

jpbluesky
True Blue Farmgirl

6066 Posts

Jeannie
Florida
USA
6066 Posts

Posted - Sep 26 2009 :  12:25:20 PM  Show Profile
Okay, you gals have to educate me. I only had one child. I always thought if you were nursing it was very hard to get pregnant. That is not true?

Farmgirl Sister # 31

www.blueskyjeannie.blogspot.com

Psalm 51: 10-13
Go to Top of Page

1badmamawolf
True Blue Farmgirl

2199 Posts

Teresa
"Bent Fence Farms" Ca
USA
2199 Posts

Posted - Sep 26 2009 :  3:22:38 PM  Show Profile
Jeannie, I got pregnant 3 times while nursing, and yes I was told the same thing, LOL. I guess that does not work for everyone.

When i stopped nursing my youngest, and hes 28 now, it was sad, I felt like I wasn't needed anymore, sigh........, BUT, at the same time the freedom to wear what I wanted without restriction, and not having a flood everytime I saw or heard another baby, WELL, I have to admit, it was great.

"Treat the earth well, it was not given to you by your parents, it was loaned to you by your children"
Go to Top of Page

GoldenSeal
Farmgirl in Training

13 Posts

Crystal
Vermilion Alberta
Canada
13 Posts

Posted - Sep 27 2009 :  2:38:49 PM  Show Profile
What did you do to nurse through your secondary pregnancies?? I can never seem to keep the first one nursing past 4 months of pregnancy. My longest was 10 months and they just don't seem to want it anymore. I have had my kids 13 months apart and it's really frustrating and depressing to have to either feed them formula or pump because they won't eat from me anymore. When I did pump they didn't even really want that milk. I'm thinking it must have something to do with my milk changing when I get pregnant again?? I'm at my wits end with this and I don't know how to fix it. I'm due for my fourth baby this November and I really badly want to make it to AT LEAST a year of breast feeding.
Go to Top of Page

1badmamawolf
True Blue Farmgirl

2199 Posts

Teresa
"Bent Fence Farms" Ca
USA
2199 Posts

Posted - Sep 27 2009 :  3:47:40 PM  Show Profile
Crystal, have your milk tested, it may be thin/weak and not giving enough nutrition, or maybe the taste goes off. My sister had that problem.

"Treat the earth well, it was not given to you by your parents, it was loaned to you by your children"
Go to Top of Page
  Parenting & Farm Kids: Previous Topic After 8 years 2 months it's official... Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page