Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Hogs & Quiches & Prayers Round-up
 Floods in Georgia
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Hogs & Quiches & Prayers Round-up: Previous Topic Floods in Georgia Next Topic  

Cabinprincess
True Blue Farmgirl

682 Posts

Melody June
Athens TX
USA
682 Posts

Posted - Sep 22 2009 :  07:40:40 AM  Show Profile
Prayers out to our farmgirl sisters in Georgia. I've been watching the news on the flooding there this morning. I think it is only near Atlanta but not for positive of that. Let us hear from all you.

Concerned, Melody June

God's gift to you are your talents, your gift to Him is how you use them.

AuntieM
True Blue Farmgirl

151 Posts

Marjorie
Holly Springs NC
USA
151 Posts

Posted - Sep 22 2009 :  08:29:02 AM  Show Profile
My dear friend is in Atlanta, and I'm waiting to hear from her right now. The pictures are devastating and our prayers are with them all.
Go to Top of Page

Mumof3
True Blue Farmgirl

3890 Posts

Karin
Ellenwood GA
USA
3890 Posts

Posted - Sep 22 2009 :  09:55:43 AM  Show Profile
Most of the flooding has been from Atlanta and north. It's really bad. One of our farmgirls, Tina (Especially for You) rents out her dad's house in Douglasville, west of the city. The tenants called and said there is six inches of water in the basement. :( We've been dry for so long that the ground can't absorb the rain fast enough so it all runs into creeks and drainage ditches which can't hold it all. It's just a mess.
Your prayers will be much appreciated.

Karin

PS- I live on a hill. A dry hill. :)

www.perfectlittlemiracle.blogspot.com
www.athreadofred.blogspot.com

Edited by - Mumof3 on Sep 22 2009 09:57:23 AM
Go to Top of Page

crafter
True Blue Farmgirl

2313 Posts

lori
Fort Atkinson Wisconsin
USA
2313 Posts

Posted - Sep 22 2009 :  10:37:21 AM  Show Profile
Sending many prayers to GA. We are having rain today, but nothing like down south. I hope we can stay posted on our sisters there. Prayers to you!
Go to Top of Page

Ga Girl
True Blue Farmgirl

2355 Posts

Karen
Meansville Ga.
USA
2355 Posts

Posted - Sep 22 2009 :  12:25:58 PM  Show Profile
Yep same here we have had lots of rain but Im a little south of Atlanta so no flooding here except in a few low spots(like right in the middle of the driveway.) But I have a friend who lives in Douglasville also that couldnt get out of her neigborhood all the main roads around them were closed. She had some water in the basement but otherwise they are good. There have been some deaths due to the flood the youngest was 2yrs old so please pray for the familes that have lost loved ones. Blessings,Karen

Create in me a pure heart,O God and renew a steadfast spirit within me. Psalms 51:10
www.KKJD1.etsy.com
http://farmgirlingastyle.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

Tn.Earthmama
True Blue Farmgirl

451 Posts

Phyllis
Englewood Tennessee
451 Posts

Posted - Sep 26 2009 :  06:28:13 AM  Show Profile
anyone heard from KristenSherrel?? I believe she may have been caught in the flooding. I know they had flooding in Chickamauga. Hope I missed that she is on vacation or something, cause she is usually visiting fairly often and I haven't seen her of late.

glad no one has had major damage. blessings Phyllis
Go to Top of Page

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Sep 26 2009 :  09:59:05 AM  Show Profile
My prayers are with all the flood people in GA. I wish I were there to help.
Marly

"It's only when we truly know and understand that we have a limited time on earth- and that we have no way of knowing when our time is up- that we will begin to live each day to the fullest, as if it was the only one we had." Elisabeth Kurler-Ross
Go to Top of Page

Cabinprincess
True Blue Farmgirl

682 Posts

Melody June
Athens TX
USA
682 Posts

Posted - Sep 26 2009 :  11:16:54 AM  Show Profile
Hi Marly, I've missed you. Do you have your Christmas decorations up now?

Smiles, Melody june

Go to Top of Page

Mumof3
True Blue Farmgirl

3890 Posts

Karin
Ellenwood GA
USA
3890 Posts

Posted - Sep 26 2009 :  11:52:46 AM  Show Profile
I e-mailed Kristin but I haven't heard back from her. I hope everything is okay. If not, maybe she's somewhere dry. We're expecting more rain tonight. :(

Karin

www.perfectlittlemiracle.blogspot.com
www.athreadofred.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Sep 26 2009 :  12:46:47 PM  Show Profile
Hi Melody:
No, I'm still have the Halloween decor up. The day after Halloween, I'll be all Christmas'ed out!
Hope you are doing great and happy!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Do you have decorations up for Halloween yet?
Marly

"It's only when we truly know and understand that we have a limited time on earth- and that we have no way of knowing when our time is up- that we will begin to live each day to the fullest, as if it was the only one we had." Elisabeth Kurler-Ross
Go to Top of Page

Cabinprincess
True Blue Farmgirl

682 Posts

Melody June
Athens TX
USA
682 Posts

Posted - Sep 26 2009 :  1:01:12 PM  Show Profile
I am on cloud NINE, we had a new grand daughter Mariela born on the 9th. I've been up to my eye balls in making baby things. We don't do Halloween but am going to unpack the fall things for Thanksgiving next weekend. I've been so excited about the new baby all I can think of is more children for Christmas. LOL

Smiles, Melody June

Go to Top of Page
  Hogs & Quiches & Prayers Round-up: Previous Topic Floods in Georgia Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page