paradiseplantation
True Blue Farmgirl

1277 Posts

julie
social springs community Louisiana
USA
1277 Posts

Posted - Sep 22 2009 :  05:26:40 AM  Show Profile
This past week+ I feel like I have let the name of farm girl down badly! We've had a lot of rain, so I haven't been able to get out and do anything. And, although my house could really stand a thorough cleaning, I've just been 'sitting on my laurels' instead. Oh, I did dust a book shelf, go through a few papers and trash the ones I didn't need, and baked a batch of cookies, but, please. That was all done in less than an hour! Now, this morning at work, I'm regretting the lost time! I could put it down to just being tired, and needing a break, but, come on -- a SEVEN DAY BREAK?????? So, go ahead. Chastise. Flog. Berate! I need it! Maybe I'll feel so guilty after y'all get through with me that I'll actually have a clean house by Saturday -- (it's supposed to rain all week -- AGAIN!) So, give me your best shot. I'll stand here and take it! (And thanks in advance. Just don't hit hard enough to make me bleed -- I was even too lazy to go to the grocery store, and I'm out of Band-Aids!)

from the hearts of paradise...

Laila
True Blue Farmgirl

273 Posts

Laila
Kutztown PA
USA
273 Posts

Posted - Sep 22 2009 :  05:56:04 AM  Show Profile
Sorry, no flogging coming from this farmgirl. I feel we need those times of not doing anything to re-energize ourselves. I do that sometimes and then I feel guilty afterwards. If I hadn't taken that down time my house would be clean (yeah right, like that would ever happen So sometimes we gotta do what we gotta do!

Laila
Go to Top of Page

Amie C.
True Blue Farmgirl

2099 Posts

Finger Lakes Region NY
2099 Posts

Posted - Sep 22 2009 :  06:45:27 AM  Show Profile
Fifty lashes with a wet noodle! But you have to go to the grocery store and buy the noodles first...

Go to Top of Page

HeatherAnn
True Blue Farmgirl

187 Posts

Heather
Rancho Cucamonga CA
USA
187 Posts

Posted - Sep 22 2009 :  09:22:59 AM  Show Profile
when i go through the same thing, sometimes I invite people over a few days out just to get a fire under my butt to get everything clean and tidy and wonderful. there's nothing like the threat of company to get my whole little family in gear!

and, for some reason, looking at magazines where people have completely decorated for whatever holiday is upcoming, also makes me want to clean, decorate, cook, craft and have adventures.

your too compfy girl! put on that work apron and snap to!

Heather Ann
Apartment Farmgirl

"You got to look at all the good on one side and all the bad on the other and say 'Well, alright then.'" - Aunt Eller, Oklahoma

www.plumblossomknits.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

Cabinprincess
True Blue Farmgirl

682 Posts

Melody June
Athens TX
USA
682 Posts

Posted - Sep 22 2009 :  11:50:09 AM  Show Profile
Julie, I'm curious. I thought that is why your state is called the Big Easy, because ya'll get to live a laid back easy life? LOL I would milk that Big Easy thing for all it's worth!! LOL I would like to go back and see my maternal grandma's house. She had 12 kids and had to work the fields all day with the rest of them. Cotton, sugar cane and sorghum waited for no dust to be dusted. For some reason I can't picture her in the Jane Cleaver outfit living in the picture perfect house. Who made the rule that if we're not going medal to the pedal we are lazy. No flogging from here. Just invite me over so I can prop my feet up also and enjoy your music!

Smiles, Melody June

God's gift to you are your talents, your gift to Him is how you use them.
Go to Top of Page

Ga Girl
True Blue Farmgirl

2355 Posts

Karen
Meansville Ga.
USA
2355 Posts

Posted - Sep 22 2009 :  12:18:06 PM  Show Profile
No Im not flogging either, I think we all go thru a dry(or in your case wet) spell. There are days I can get so much accomplished and then other days I got to bed wondering why I on earth I even got out of bed cause I dont feel like I did anything. So dont feel to bad, Im in the same boat as you! Blessings,Karen

Create in me a pure heart,O God and renew a steadfast spirit within me. Psalms 51:10
www.KKJD1.etsy.com
http://farmgirlingastyle.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - Sep 22 2009 :  12:54:43 PM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
Well if you need a flogging so do I! LOL Sometimes I need couple of days to regroup energy!

Alee
Farmgirl Sister #8
www.awarmheart.com
www.farmgirlalee.blogspot.com
www.allergyjourneys.blogspot.com
Put your pin on the farmgirl map! www.farmgirlmap.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

paradiseplantation
True Blue Farmgirl

1277 Posts

julie
USA
1277 Posts

Posted - Sep 22 2009 :  1:12:46 PM  Show Profile
Hey, Alee! In response to Melody June, does this mean we get to have another Mint Julep / Porch Sittin' party?????? I like her way of thinking! In truth, Melody June, that really only applies to SOUTH Louisiana. We're like a totally different country, up here! But, I still think I could get away with it -- so here's the invitation. Anyone want to come sit on my VIRTUAL back porch, come join us! I think Alee and Nora are still out there from the LAST time I invited them! (Ya know, some people just don't know when to go home!) I'll provide the sweet tea and tea cakes. Anyone interested?

Go to Top of Page

Especially For You
True Blue Farmgirl

541 Posts

Tina
Watkinsville GA
541 Posts

Posted - Sep 22 2009 :  2:40:58 PM  Show Profile
Julie,
I am having one of those weeks also. I am thinking it is the rain. The sun is out today but I still feel soggy. I hope we get out of it soon!!!! I have a ton of things to do.

Blessings,
Tina
Go to Top of Page

acairnsmom
True Blue Farmgirl

1319 Posts

audrey
cheyenne wy
1319 Posts

Posted - Sep 22 2009 :  2:46:23 PM  Show Profile
Good Grief! If you need a flogging for that, you might as well bring the rope and string me up! I like the Porch sittin' party idea, mind if I join in? I could bring some cucumber sandwiches! Aaaahh, this light breeze feels divine on your porch and your sweet tea is the perfect beverage for this afternoon. Thanks for hosting.

Audrey

Toto, we're not in Kansas any more!
Go to Top of Page

ruralfarmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

4309 Posts

Rene'
Prosser WA
USA
4309 Posts

Posted - Sep 23 2009 :  06:38:38 AM  Show Profile  Send ruralfarmgirl a Yahoo! Message
Yup, no floggin here either... Sometimes we just need to "be still" you know as MaryJane would say, "Simply bee." Consider it a "re-fueling" process, getting the creative juices going again. I had a day not to long ago when my youngest walked into the living room to see me gazing at the TV which by the way, wasnt on. And he said, A.... MA??? what are you doing????? I didnt even break the glare... Just said "oh, you know... nothing"... hahahah :) somedays are best experienced like that :) LOL

Circumstances made us FRIENDS; MaryJanesFarm made us SISTERS :)

Rene'Groom~
Sisterhood Coordinator

Farmgirl Sister #185
www.MaryJanesFarm.com/RFBlog/
www.Twitter.com/RuralFarmgirl
www.FarmGirlsFarm.blogspot.com

Go to Top of Page

paradiseplantation
True Blue Farmgirl

1277 Posts

julie
USA
1277 Posts

Posted - Sep 24 2009 :  10:33:07 AM  Show Profile
Audrey! These cucumber sandwiches are absolutely divine!!!! Mind sharing the recipe? I am so glad you decided to join us. I'll have old fashioned tea cakes coming out of the oven shortly! Goodness, this is a wonderful porch party. Any more want to join? There's a few more rockers available! Alee! Quit snoozin' over there and join the conversation!

Go to Top of Page

acairnsmom
True Blue Farmgirl

1319 Posts

audrey
cheyenne wy
1319 Posts

Posted - Sep 24 2009 :  11:29:51 AM  Show Profile
Yes Alee, wake up and join the party, you can sleep when you put Nora down for her nap. The sandwiches are just homemade bread with cream cheese and sliced cucumbers. Of course you know to peel the cucumbers in a striped pattern for the pretty effect. Those tea cakes smell awfully good!

Audrey

Toto, we're not in Kansas any more!
Go to Top of Page

Diane B Carter
True Blue Farmgirl

1270 Posts

Diane
Blasdell N.Y.
USA
1270 Posts

Posted - Sep 24 2009 :  2:49:32 PM  Show Profile
I get like that a lot, you will get no flogging from me. Do not feel guilty, I hope you enjoyed it all. Save me a rocking chair and I'll bring the sweet tea & vodak.

Hope all your days are Sunnydays.
dianebcarterhotmailcom.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Brenda Kay Groth
True Blue Farmgirl

100 Posts

Brenda
Manton MIch
USA
100 Posts

Posted - Sep 25 2009 :  10:58:13 AM  Show Profile  Send Brenda Kay Groth a Yahoo! Message
we all need a successive number of those days regularly..where we do only what we absolutely have to and just enjoy the rest of the day..i've been taking a few of those myself this month

bloom where you are planted
Go to Top of Page

antoinette
True Blue Farmgirl

826 Posts

Toni
East Freedom PA
USA
826 Posts

Posted - Sep 26 2009 :  7:47:30 PM  Show Profile
Julie, I am GLAD you were able to just sit back!! Don't feel quilty one needs to sit
back once in awhile. And may I join the tea party. I have cherry and apple pies done,
that I will bring. But please may I have no sugar in my tea? Farmgirl HUGS Toni
And I don't need a chair just let me sit on the porch steps!!
Go to Top of Page

paradiseplantation
True Blue Farmgirl

1277 Posts

julie
USA
1277 Posts

Posted - Sep 29 2009 :  04:25:40 AM  Show Profile
Toni! Absolutely, honey! I just made a pitcher of unsweet tea. Ooh! And I'd like a slice of both, cherry and apple, please! And would someone kick those dogs back off the porch????? Thank you!

Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - Sep 29 2009 :  06:41:04 AM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
OOO! Cherry! I'll take a slice of Cherry! And Nora loves apple. Yum! Thank you so much!
Now my question- is Tala allowed to graze in font of the porch? She's really pretty! She would be a great compliment to the scenery I am sure!

Alee
Farmgirl Sister #8
www.awarmheart.com
www.farmgirlalee.blogspot.com
www.allergyjourneys.blogspot.com
Put your pin on the farmgirl map! www.farmgirlmap.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

paradiseplantation
True Blue Farmgirl

1277 Posts

julie
USA
1277 Posts

Posted - Sep 29 2009 :  06:43:31 AM  Show Profile
Please, Alee, by all means bring Tala! (What IS Tala???) My cows are just as good of hosts and hostesses as my porch is! And, one slice of cherry, and a bigger slice of apple, coming right up!

Go to Top of Page
  A Farm of My Own: Previous Topic I need to be flogged!!!! Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page