Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Across the Fence
 Houseguests just left and ds is home
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Across the Fence: Previous Topic Houseguests just left and ds is home Next Topic  

happymama58
True Blue Farmgirl

1210 Posts

Patti
Missouri
USA
1210 Posts

Posted - Mar 11 2006 :  07:30:46 AM  Show Profile
Well, the girls we hostessed for the High School State Senate convention left a little bit ago. I've stripped all 3 beds and have started laundry, and my house is fairly quiet once again. It was fun to have them, but it's also nice to have our house to ourselves again.

DS arrived home yesterday afternoon for 9 days of Spring Break. I figured he'd sleep in today, but he got up at 5:00 to go with a good friend to turkey hunt (bow) on the friend's family farm about 30 miles from here. It's drizzly and gray today, so I imagine he'll be tired, damp, and in need of warming-up when he gets home. I think I'll put together a big pot of vegetable beef soup to simmer on the stove.

Oh how I love days spent at home with my kids close by!

Some people search for happiness; others create it.

http://happymama58.blogspot.com/

Libbie
Farmgirl Connection Cultivator

3579 Posts

Anne E.
Elsinore Utah
USA
3579 Posts

Posted - Mar 11 2006 :  10:29:26 PM  Show Profile
That is such a homey-comfortable vision, Patti. How fun -- you'll have to let us know if you end up with turkey dinner!

XOXO, Libbie

"Nothing is worth more than this day." - Goethe
Go to Top of Page

happymama58
True Blue Farmgirl

1210 Posts

Patti
Missouri
USA
1210 Posts

Posted - Mar 12 2006 :  08:44:31 AM  Show Profile
No turkey dinner here, but I was wrong. The season doesn't start for about 2 weeks -- they were just walking over the farm, looking for signs of where turkeys are now so they know where to hunt. Maybe in a couple of weeks we'll be deep-frying a nice big one!

Some people search for happiness; others create it.

http://happymama58.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page
  Across the Fence: Previous Topic Houseguests just left and ds is home Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page