Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Stitching & Crafting Room
 Think I hit a Jackpot!!!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Stitching & Crafting Room: Previous Topic Think I hit a Jackpot!!! Next Topic  

Moodene
True Blue Farmgirl

353 Posts

Nadine
Devers Texas
USA
353 Posts

Posted - Sep 19 2009 :  09:54:47 AM  Show Profile  Click to see Moodene's MSN Messenger address  Send Moodene a Yahoo! Message
I was given 56 tubs(18 gal size) of stuff from a late dollmakers estate. About 20 of those tubs were nothing but fabrics from the 1980's to 1990's.. I am just now starting to open more of the tubs and found these I will certainly use in my wardrobe as my mind has been clicking on what to make out of them..LOL.. I havent made me any clothes out of eyelet fabric since I was a kid..mostly pinfores and aprons..but nowdays..is different..mmm

Crochet Table cloth 10 feet wide x 12 feet long.. Had some stains and few ripped places but I can work around them.
Eyelet fabrics..

DaisyFarm
True Blue Farmgirl

1646 Posts

Diane
Victoria BC
Canada
1646 Posts

Posted - Sep 19 2009 :  09:57:27 AM  Show Profile
Lucky gal you are!! That's better than the lottery for a farmgal!
Go to Top of Page

Moodene
True Blue Farmgirl

353 Posts

Nadine
Devers Texas
USA
353 Posts

Posted - Sep 19 2009 :  10:03:48 AM  Show Profile  Click to see Moodene's MSN Messenger address  Send Moodene a Yahoo! Message
Remember Dotted Swiss fabric??..This is the real stuff..The dots are raised and feels like velvet..Not sure what to do with this stuff..maybe put them on the Barter table...lol..seems like there are about 2 or more yards each..

Go to Top of Page

Moodene
True Blue Farmgirl

353 Posts

Nadine
Devers Texas
USA
353 Posts

Posted - Sep 19 2009 :  10:12:45 AM  Show Profile  Click to see Moodene's MSN Messenger address  Send Moodene a Yahoo! Message
Hang on..there is more...LOL..too bad my daughter is 25 years old or I would be making her some very nice dresses out of that stuff..
Go to Top of Page

Moodene
True Blue Farmgirl

353 Posts

Nadine
Devers Texas
USA
353 Posts

Posted - Sep 19 2009 :  10:20:59 AM  Show Profile  Click to see Moodene's MSN Messenger address  Send Moodene a Yahoo! Message
I bought 56 18 gal tubs to haul this stuff home,not knowing what all was in the tubs since the sisters(dollmaker's daughters) packed them for me. They just told me I will enjoy what they packed in them..I have had doll clothes,doll blankets, real baby clothes and stuff which I put on the barter table already..don't have any girls born in the family in the last 5 years..all boys...
This tub was filled up with mostly yards of lace..and loose ribbon..this is going to be a headache trying to see what all can be done with this stuff...lol
edit to correct spelling

Edited by - Moodene on Sep 19 2009 10:22:18 AM
Go to Top of Page

Moodene
True Blue Farmgirl

353 Posts

Nadine
Devers Texas
USA
353 Posts

Posted - Sep 19 2009 :  10:24:40 AM  Show Profile  Click to see Moodene's MSN Messenger address  Send Moodene a Yahoo! Message
I found a tub full of ribbons..but need to untangle some of them..all in a messed up pile...in the tub..they must not like to deal with untangling them apart..lol..
Go to Top of Page

dutchy
True Blue Farmgirl

4427 Posts

4427 Posts

Posted - Sep 19 2009 :  12:25:25 PM  Show Profile
WOW You hit the mother load !!!

Hugs from Marian/Dutchy, a farmgirl from the Netherlands :)

My personal blog:
http://just-me-a-dutch-girl.blogspot.com/

Almost daily updates on me and mine :)
Go to Top of Page

KellyWall
True Blue Farmgirl

336 Posts

Kelly
Apison Tn
USA
336 Posts

Posted - Sep 19 2009 :  1:05:02 PM  Show Profile
Wow you did hit the jackpot you lucky farmgirl you!
Go to Top of Page

oldfashioned girl
True Blue Farmgirl

2391 Posts

monica
oatman az
USA
2391 Posts

Posted - Sep 19 2009 :  1:39:04 PM  Show Profile
Nadine, Oh what fun! Congrats!

Monica
farmgirls rule!

www.justducky48.etsy.com
www.justducky48.blogspot.com
www.duckystreasurechest.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

Moodene
True Blue Farmgirl

353 Posts

Nadine
Devers Texas
USA
353 Posts

Posted - Sep 19 2009 :  1:46:54 PM  Show Profile  Click to see Moodene's MSN Messenger address  Send Moodene a Yahoo! Message
Thanks! I got tired of untangling some of the ribbons rolls...will post a pic soon...lol...now I am looking at patterns to make my eyelets stuff out of..thinking of making sleeping bloomers and top..mmm
Go to Top of Page

LakeOntarioFarmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

933 Posts

Brenda
North Rose NY
USA
933 Posts

Posted - Sep 19 2009 :  4:37:50 PM  Show Profile
Oh Nadine how fun!!!
I can remember inheriting all my gramma's sewing stuff 20 years ago. I inherited the sewing gene from her! I had so much fun making dresses for my girls out of 50's calico, seersucker, gingham,etc. I now absolutely loooove vintage fabrics!
I'm sorry you don't have girls to sew for..... yet. Hang on to some of it for a while, you may just find a use for it! :)
I definitely remember dotted swiss from my childhood.
Wouldn't it make pretty half aprons with scalloped edges? Maybe with a bit of the lace for accent?
Enjoy!

Brenda
FarmGirl # 711

http://theviewfromhere-brenda.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

grace gerber
True Blue Farmgirl

2804 Posts

grace
larkspur colorado
USA
2804 Posts

Posted - Sep 19 2009 :  4:44:08 PM  Show Profile
What a lucky gal you are!!

Dotted Swiss fabric is a real find - I know some collectors who would be jumping up and down for that. I remember having a dress that my mother made for the first day of kindergarten make with dotted swiss. It was pure red with a top skirt and puffed sleeves out of the dotted swiss. I felt so pretty in it - somewhere I have a picture - Wow it is amazing what fabric can do to a person... Enjoy and share what you make with your jackpot - PLEASE...

Grace Gerber
Larkspur Funny Farm and Fiber Art Studio

Where the spirits are high and the fiber is deep
http://www.larkspurfunnyfarm.etsy.com
http://larkspurfunnyfarm.blogspot.com
http://larkspurfunnyfarm.artfire.com
Go to Top of Page

Moodene
True Blue Farmgirl

353 Posts

Nadine
Devers Texas
USA
353 Posts

Posted - Sep 19 2009 :  5:47:12 PM  Show Profile  Click to see Moodene's MSN Messenger address  Send Moodene a Yahoo! Message
mmm..if I make the aprons out of dotted swiss..hang on..need to do something..brb
Go to Top of Page

Moodene
True Blue Farmgirl

353 Posts

Nadine
Devers Texas
USA
353 Posts

Posted - Sep 19 2009 :  5:52:12 PM  Show Profile  Click to see Moodene's MSN Messenger address  Send Moodene a Yahoo! Message
Oaky. I cancelled that barter w the Dotted Swiss fabric..gonna make some half aprons with them..LOL..Thanks for the idea!!
LakeOntarioFarmgirl
Maybe I can swap these aprons for something...mmmm..Got my grandma's 1950's apron patterns to make these by..
Go to Top of Page

mommatracy
True Blue Farmgirl

490 Posts

Tracy
My. Olive NC
USA
490 Posts

Posted - Sep 19 2009 :  6:04:48 PM  Show Profile
Dang, you got a right smart load of fabric. ( In the South it means"Dang you got a sweet pile of fabric!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!)

www.cottagebythebay.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

mooselovingmamabear
Farmgirl in Training

20 Posts

Gail
MI
USA
20 Posts

Posted - Sep 19 2009 :  7:28:48 PM  Show Profile  Click to see mooselovingmamabear's MSN Messenger address
Beautiful "jack pot"... Congrats! and can't wait to see what you do w/ it all...

~~gail~~aka:Farmgirl #388 & mooselovingmamabear
It's the Great Pumpkin
Go to Top of Page
  Stitching & Crafting Room: Previous Topic Think I hit a Jackpot!!! Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page