Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Books
 Book Ideas
 little column for little farmgirls (and boys!)
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Book Ideas: Previous Topic little column for little farmgirls (and boys!) Next Topic  

cowgirlandboys
True Blue Farmgirl

308 Posts

Rachael
Missouri
USA
308 Posts

Posted - Sep 18 2009 :  11:00:00 PM  Show Profile
It would be neat if the magazine had a little column for the kids who read Maryjane Magazine. There are so many of us with kids of all ages hovering over us as we try to have a peaceful moment to devour the magazine. :) It could have a little recycled craft to do or advice about how to get their schools to switch to organics. Little farmkids every where are reading this magazine and it would be neat if they had something written with them in mind.
Thanks!

Happy Trails!

Rachael
Farmgirl Sister #535

ddmashayekhi
True Blue Farmgirl

4738 Posts

Dawn
Naperville Illinois
USA
4738 Posts

Posted - Sep 19 2009 :  10:34:28 AM  Show Profile
I second that! I would love for something fun for my little 6 year old son to do, he loves looking at the magazine picture! Good suggestion Rachael.

Dawn in IL
Go to Top of Page

ruralfarmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

4309 Posts

Rene'
Prosser WA
USA
4309 Posts

Posted - Sep 21 2009 :  06:12:12 AM  Show Profile  Send ruralfarmgirl a Yahoo! Message
Hi Rachael,
I know the farm has a "farmerette/little guy" section in the works for our October Sisterhood Newsletter (MaryJane's Cluck--where the braggin' begins!) that comes out once a month. (But it only goes to members of our sisterhood--the gals with the red hexagons by their names.) In fact, rumor has it that the new and improved newsletter will have something from all the seven sections of her Ideabook on a regular basis--features from an all-star cast of writers that MaryJane has been rounding up over the past few months. Not only will the page count increase but it'll have lots of crafts and community projects that mirror the way the sisterhood merit badge program is set-up: Farm Kitchen, Each Other, Garden Gate, Stitching & Crafting, Outpost, Cleaning Up, and Make It Easy. I can't wait to see who all the regular writers are and get started on some of the projects that will be highlighted in it.

Circumstances made us FRIENDS; MaryJanesFarm made us SISTERS:)
Rene'Groom~
Sisterhood Coordinator

Farmgirl Sister #185
www.MaryJanesFarm.com/RFBlog/
www.Twitter.com/RuralFarmgirl
www.FarmGirlsFarm.blogspot.com

Go to Top of Page

cowgirlandboys
True Blue Farmgirl

308 Posts

Rachael
Missouri
USA
308 Posts

Posted - Sep 21 2009 :  07:07:12 AM  Show Profile
That sounds great! I am a sisterhood member but never figured out how to get that hexagon. Thanks for the update! I look forward to anything that comes out of MJ Farm ")

Happy Trails!

Rachael
Farmgirl Sister #535
Go to Top of Page

ruralfarmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

4309 Posts

Rene'
Prosser WA
USA
4309 Posts

Posted - Sep 21 2009 :  08:49:01 AM  Show Profile  Send ruralfarmgirl a Yahoo! Message
Hey Rachael,
Email Brian at the farm and he will help with the Hexagon. brianogle@maryJanesfarm.org

Circumstances made us FRIENDS; MaryJanesFarm made us SISTERS :)

Rene'Groom~
Sisterhood Coordinator

Farmgirl Sister #185
www.MaryJanesFarm.com/RFBlog/
www.Twitter.com/RuralFarmgirl
www.FarmGirlsFarm.blogspot.com

Edited by - ruralfarmgirl on Sep 21 2009 08:49:22 AM
Go to Top of Page

cowgirlandboys
True Blue Farmgirl

308 Posts

Rachael
Missouri
USA
308 Posts

Posted - Sep 21 2009 :  09:38:50 AM  Show Profile
Thank you so much for the help! I sent that email just now so hopefully that will work. Thanks so much!

take care
rachael

Happy Trails!

Rachael
Farmgirl Sister #535
Go to Top of Page

sleepless reader
True Blue Farmgirl

1022 Posts

CA
USA
1022 Posts

Posted - Sep 26 2009 :  12:38:25 PM  Show Profile
Remember the Betsy McCall paper doll and the Mary Englebreit paper doll in the magazines? Maybe a little Mary Jane paper doll and a farmboy too!

Sharon
Farmgirl Sister #74

Life is messy. Wear your apron!

Edited by - sleepless reader on Sep 26 2009 12:39:08 PM
Go to Top of Page

cowgirlandboys
True Blue Farmgirl

308 Posts

Rachael
Missouri
USA
308 Posts

Posted - Sep 26 2009 :  4:48:57 PM  Show Profile
Farmgirl paperdolls! O M G That is such a great idea. I would sooooo be excited about that! I like the retro magnets too, of paper dolls.

Happy Trails!

Rachael
Farmgirl Sister #535
Go to Top of Page

Kayce
True Blue Farmgirl

290 Posts

Kayce
Sebring FL
USA
290 Posts

Posted - Jan 23 2010 :  10:19:11 AM  Show Profile
I love this idea for the magazine!!! And the crafts or info and such could rotate or adapt for all the ages below farmgirl status. Like Farmette and Cultivators.

~Kayce~

Check out PenPals for FarmKids http://www.maryjanesfarm.org/snitz/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=38599
Go to Top of Page

MeadowCrone
True Blue Farmgirl

220 Posts

Bernadine
Island Park and Salem ID
USA
220 Posts

Posted - Jan 25 2010 :  3:45:51 PM  Show Profile
Great ideas. My son would love the paper dolls. One day, he was playing with the ME paperdolls and asked me why there were no boy ones. So I made him some, but I would love to have a regular page to use to supplement and give ideas for my young ones and grandchildren. Especially recycling ideas. My youngest, is 8 and has a "manure" business, he gathers sheep, cow, horse and chicken manure into old feed bags and sells it. He loves my MJF magazines.

www.muckingbootsandmagic.blogspot.com

www.meadowcrone.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

wildflower17
True Blue Farmgirl

3043 Posts

Judy
KY
USA
3043 Posts

Posted - Feb 18 2010 :  2:50:57 PM  Show Profile
Hey Girls...

You all have great input on this...I just love how everyone on here has such wonderful and unique ideas...

Smiles...

"Country Girl at Heart"...
Go to Top of Page
  Book Ideas: Previous Topic little column for little farmgirls (and boys!) Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page