Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22937 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22937 Posts

Posted - Mar 10 2006 :  9:02:11 PM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
I was wondering if MaryJane or any of the Farmgirls on the Farm ever shop at Winco in Moscow?

Libbie
Farmgirl Connection Cultivator

3579 Posts

Anne E.
Elsinore Utah
USA
3579 Posts

Posted - Mar 10 2006 :  9:27:44 PM  Show Profile
I don't know...but, I do have a question - what type of store is Winco? I don't believe we have that/them in Utah.

XOXO, Libbie

"Nothing is worth more than this day." - Goethe
Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22937 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22937 Posts

Posted - Mar 11 2006 :  4:33:51 PM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
Winco is not yet in Utah. It is a grocery store that is owned by the employees. Lets say Motts Apple sauce is normally $1.50 a jar- Grocery stores get breaks in the prices but usually keep the prices the same. Winco varies their prices as they get breaks in their purchases. I have seen large jars of Motts go as low as a dollar. Winco is mostly on the west coast. They sell everything that normal grocery stores sell, but they also have a great bulk foods section.
Go to Top of Page

Libbie
Farmgirl Connection Cultivator

3579 Posts

Anne E.
Elsinore Utah
USA
3579 Posts

Posted - Mar 11 2006 :  10:02:29 PM  Show Profile
It sounds like a pretty good place - maybe they'll expand to Utah soon! I suppose, however, that I am in such a rural area that it wouldn't be down here, anyway...

XOXO, Libbie

"Nothing is worth more than this day." - Goethe
Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22937 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22937 Posts

Posted - Mar 12 2006 :  8:05:33 PM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
Winco goes to growing communites. They try to saturate the area before they move on, but we are hoping they get the Utah, Colorado, Nevada, Texas areas soon :)
Go to Top of Page

katwings
Farmgirl at Heart

6 Posts

kathleen
port townsend wa
USA
6 Posts

Posted - Jun 04 2006 :  2:09:34 PM  Show Profile
i was wondering if winco was a food cooperative? we have the port townsend food coop, of which i am a life member. cooperative members vote on issues and elect board members and get a discount on groceries. my coop also buys from the local farmers at a fair market price. if in port townsend, do drop in the coop, it carrys mary jane's farm items, has nicks couch potatoes in bulk, and informally serves as the town's socal center. one of my favorite things that it does, is serve cooked oatmeal for a dollar a bowl, and the small bowls of organic soups are also inexpensive. i love my coop.
Go to Top of Page

Carol
Moderator/MaryJane's Design Diva

452 Posts

Carol
Moscow Idaho
USA
452 Posts

Posted - Jun 05 2006 :  09:46:43 AM  Show Profile
Hi Alee and girls. There are about 20 of us here at the farm, and I'm sure some of us shop in Winco occasionally. Do you work there, Alee? If so, I'll let everyone know to look for your nametag. As for me, I tend to shop only at the Moscow Food Co-op (and no, Kathleen, Winco isn't a food coop, but our largest grocery store, a discount grocery chain). But I have the luxury of only buying for myself and also living in close proximity to the Co-op, so it's easy for me to shop there. I find that it's a healthier choice for me and it also seems to be a town social center, so it's fun to shop there too!
Carol

"Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, red wine in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and screaming 'WOO HOO, what a ride!'"
Go to Top of Page

blueroses
True Blue Farmgirl

1323 Posts

Debbie
in the Pandhandle of Idaho
USA
1323 Posts

Posted - Jun 05 2006 :  10:23:58 AM  Show Profile
Alee,

I have shopped in the Winco in Moscow in the past with my daughter and was very impressed. Wished we had one up here in Coeur d'Alene area.

"You cannot find peace...by avoiding life."
Virginia Woolfe
Go to Top of Page

primjillie
True Blue Farmgirl

138 Posts

Jill
Antelope CA
USA
138 Posts

Posted - Jun 06 2006 :  11:43:39 AM  Show Profile
The Wincos here in California (at least in Sacramento) are pretty dirty, so very few people I know shop there. I hear they have good prices, but store cleanliness is more important to me.
Go to Top of Page
  **News from MaryJanesFarm: Previous Topic Shopping? Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page