Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Across the Fence
 Need help finding an Italian lotion
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Across the Fence: Previous Topic Need help finding an Italian lotion Next Topic  

nubidane
True Blue Farmgirl

2875 Posts

Lisa
Georgetown OH
2875 Posts

Posted - Sep 17 2009 :  2:33:14 PM  Show Profile
OK, I am trying to find some lotion that my Italian friend from 20+ years ago used to use & I would snatch up whenever I was around her. It came in a bright green plastic tin(oxymoron),had the most delicious rose scent, and was called something like "Gliccemille"
(pronounced..gleechameeyeh).. I'm sure of the pronunciation, just not the spelling. It was just divine & I would love to find some again. She was only able to get it when she went back to Italy, but now with everything on line, I was hoping to find it.
Does anyone else know what I am talking about, or am I just a forlorn roselotionless Farmgirl? I know I am not dreaming, but when I search for it, I cannot find anything close.
I figure if anyone can find it, one of you gals can
Thanks!

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22937 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22937 Posts

Posted - Sep 17 2009 :  3:41:15 PM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
It's spelled Glicemille and is still around. I hope you are able to find a shop online that sells it!

Alee
Farmgirl Sister #8
www.awarmheart.com
www.farmgirlalee.blogspot.com
www.allergyjourneys.blogspot.com
Put your pin on the farmgirl map! www.farmgirlmap.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Cabinprincess
True Blue Farmgirl

682 Posts

Melody June
Athens TX
USA
682 Posts

Posted - Sep 17 2009 :  4:02:27 PM  Show Profile
Try contacting the Colgate Palmolive company. They have the Italian brand Glicemille and they can tell you where you can get it, it not here at least ordering from over there.

Smiles, Melody June

God's gift to you are your talents, your gift to Him is how you use them.
Go to Top of Page

nubidane
True Blue Farmgirl

2875 Posts

Lisa
Georgetown OH
2875 Posts

Posted - Sep 17 2009 :  4:15:59 PM  Show Profile
Thanks you guys!!
I just did a search & all the sights are in Italian. Weird that it is a Colgate/Palmolive product now. It is no longer in the cute green tin either, but hopefully the product is still the same. Will try to find some over here..Can't imagine what shipping would be.
Thanks again!
Go to Top of Page
  Across the Fence: Previous Topic Need help finding an Italian lotion Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page