Shery Jespersen
True Blue Farmgirl

115 Posts

Shery
Upton Wyoming
USA
115 Posts

Posted - Sep 15 2009 :  07:47:16 AM  Show Profile
One of the many positive feelings that reading my MJF magazines generates is 'gratefulness'. I so appreciate all the helpful info, ideas, inspirational thoughts and the workaday beauty throughout.

Yesterday I had even more reason to be grateful in connection to my MJF experience. In one of the online MJF chatroom groups, it was decided some time ago that 'we' would have a potholder exhange. My husband and I ranch for a living (Wyoming) and I have to go to town to get my mail. When I received the package from my new friend, Carol McElroy, I was as anxious as a child and promptly tore open the envelope. Inside there were not only the 2 handmade crocheted potholders, but a matching washcloth, garden gloves and clear bookmark with a perfectly preserved viola from Carol's garden! To say I was delighted is an understatement.

God's timing is perfect and so is His expression of love via the hearts of kind people. Carol could not have known that her lovely gifts came at a time when I needed an upper. And, it wasn't so much the tangible items in the package, it was her gift of giving that I really needed most. Confession: I had been feeling rather used of late, I was feeling like a weary giver and having a private little pity party (except that now YOU know). The good Lord already knew my little secret. It wasn't a big thing, not worthy of mentioning to anyone. I would have felt like a whiner. But even so, my feelings were wrinkling my otherwise good attitude.

Carol to the rescue and just in time too. I didn't think I 'gave' to receive something back or to get a thank-you, but apparently I AM guilty of that very thing or I wouldn't have felt as I did. Anyway, when the Lord corrects us He prefers to do so gently and so it was yesterday. I was reminded that it is a joyful thing to give and you do reap what you sow, but it may come back to you from different places. And, that is the amazing part and where Heaven's loving touch cannot be denied. Carol, long after your lovely gifts wear out, your gift of giving will always be remembered.

'People may not remember what you said or did, but they will always remember how you made them feel.' ~ author unknown

Shery Jespersen
P.S. I would love to insert a photo, but I can't seem to figure out how.

Edited by - Shery Jespersen on Sep 15 2009 07:53:32 AM

Cabinprincess
True Blue Farmgirl

682 Posts

Melody June
Athens TX
USA
682 Posts

Posted - Sep 15 2009 :  08:14:46 AM  Show Profile
Well said Shery! God moments through other people last a life time. Now I've soaked my hankie and am working on the corner of my apron. I needed this, thanks for sharing.

Smiles, Melody June

God's gift to you are your talents, your gift to Him is how you use them.
Go to Top of Page

ceejay48
Farmgirl Legend/Schoolmarm/Sharpshooter

13615 Posts

CeeJay (CJ)
Dolores Colorado
USA
13615 Posts

Posted - Sep 15 2009 :  08:41:15 AM  Show Profile  Send ceejay48 a Yahoo! Message
Shery,
Thanks!!! Yes, we all need reminders that we are LOVED and that God DOES know about our lives and the struggles. As a caregiver for my younger sister (brain-injured from a horse riding accident a little over 3 yrs. ago) I am physically exhausted and have stressed and strained muscles. I (and her hubby) are discouraged and mentally, emotionally challenged. I am #5 and she is #6 of 6 kids and I feel like our 4 older siblings, especially the 2 older sisters are really OUT OF TOUCH with this situation . . . and we get no support or encouragement!

On top of that, I am the mother of a 35 year-old young man with Down Syndrome. While he doesn't live with us anymore, he is living locally and we do see him and when he visits he presents challenges . . . and we are his legal guardians and have to make the right decisions for him.

So, thanks for the reminders that God knows . . . and cares!!!
CJ

...from the barefoot farmgirl in SW Colorado...sister chick #665
Go to Top of Page

Lessie Louise
True Blue Farmgirl

1406 Posts

Carol
PECULIAR MO
USA
1406 Posts

Posted - Sep 18 2009 :  10:15:39 AM  Show Profile
Shery, you say the sweetest things. I feel that I have been given a gift by your graciousness and graditute. I'm glad those items arrived right when they needed to, Carol

how sweet it is to love some one, how right it is to care
Go to Top of Page

Shery Jespersen
True Blue Farmgirl

115 Posts

Shery
Upton Wyoming
USA
115 Posts

Posted - Sep 18 2009 :  4:16:58 PM  Show Profile
Posted here is a photo I took of the gifts sent to me via the recent Farmgirl potholder exchange. My 'potholder swap meet' pardner was Carol McElroy and she made all the things you see here...crocheted potholders and washcloth, garden gloves, and a viola bookmark. My gift packet was a lot more than 2 potholders! I figured out how to post a photo of my
wonderful 'Carolmade' goodies.

Shery Jespersen, Wyoming

Go to Top of Page

antoinette
True Blue Farmgirl

826 Posts

Toni
East Freedom PA
USA
826 Posts

Posted - Sep 19 2009 :  2:43:10 PM  Show Profile
Thank you so much Shery for such a wonderful post. It also made me think!! And be
grateful!! Toni
Go to Top of Page

Julia
True Blue Farmgirl

1949 Posts

Julia
Shelton WA
USA
1949 Posts

Posted - Sep 19 2009 :  6:15:36 PM  Show Profile
Wow, what great posts. I love the hearts of our farmgirls, and this forum that allows us to share our hearts with those of like mind. It is so wonderful to come here, and be encouraged and convicted of things in such gentle, sweet ways. We all have our own circumstances, and though different, we all understand. Blessings to all!!!

For tomorrow and its needs I do not pray, but keep me, guide me, love me, Lord just for today.
St. Augustine

http://www.myfeetaredirty.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

ruralfarmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

4309 Posts

Rene'
Prosser WA
USA
4309 Posts

Posted - Sep 21 2009 :  06:15:59 AM  Show Profile  Send ruralfarmgirl a Yahoo! Message
Love the photo Shery~

Circumstances made us FRIENDS; MaryJanesFarm made us SISTERS :)

Rene'Groom~
Sisterhood Coordinator

Farmgirl Sister #185
www.MaryJanesFarm.com/RFBlog/
www.Twitter.com/RuralFarmgirl
www.FarmGirlsFarm.blogspot.com

Edited by - ruralfarmgirl on Oct 01 2009 10:16:17 AM
Go to Top of Page

treelady
True Blue Farmgirl

2305 Posts

Julie
Medina ND
USA
2305 Posts

Posted - Sep 28 2009 :  08:03:19 AM  Show Profile
Shery, what a beautiful post and a wonderful reminder.

Julie

With the new day comes new strength and new thoughts.
Go to Top of Page

Bonnie Ellis
True Blue Farmgirl

2474 Posts

Bonnie
Minneapolis Minnesota
USA
2474 Posts

Posted - Oct 01 2009 :  3:14:48 PM  Show Profile
Sherry: As I get older, things of the heart mean so much more; both giving and receiving. That's what you farmgirls do for me. I can't wait for the farmgirl pin cushion swap, due Nov. 1. If you missed it we are having another in Jan. I can't wait to see the creativity!

Bonnie Ellis

grandmother and orphan farmgirl
Go to Top of Page

Shery Jespersen
True Blue Farmgirl

115 Posts

Shery
Upton Wyoming
USA
115 Posts

Posted - Oct 01 2009 :  8:38:21 PM  Show Profile
Bonnie, I love your name (it is my mother's name also).

I think I did miss the pin cushion swap. I do hope people post photos. I don't which conversation thread it was on.

So you're an 'orphan farmgirl'? Surely there must be gobs of farmgirls in and around the Mpls/St.Paul area?? I lived there for 3 years when I went to college...back, WAY back before the internet :o)

I have one farmgirl buddy here in my little cowpoke 'Hooterville' town. On fact, she introduced me to MJF. I'd never heard of MJF before this last July. We laughed at the idea of me living in a cave...how could I have not known since the whole concept is what I live. I guess I was too involved in Being the farmgirl to notice what was going on in the large sense. I'm sue glad my gal-pal clued me in. MJF has filled a little hole in my life, a longing for all that it is and the sense of a common, wholesome goal.

shery

http://reataroseranch.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

mellaisbella
True Blue Farmgirl

1862 Posts

melanie
living on Anne of Green Gables land
Canada
1862 Posts

Posted - Oct 09 2009 :  07:37:36 AM  Show Profile
Shery, how wonderful to have such a nice surprise waiting for you just when you needed it!

"we must be the change we wish to see in the world"
farmgal #150
Go to Top of Page
  Keeping in Touch: Previous Topic Giving and Gratefulness Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page