Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 **MaryJanesFarm Products & Merchandise
 When was the first MJ
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author **MaryJanesFarm Products & Merchandise: Previous Topic When was the first MJ Next Topic  

peapicker
True Blue Farmgirl

716 Posts

texas
USA
716 Posts

Posted - Sep 14 2009 :  6:30:45 PM  Show Profile
magazine published? I was just wondering in case I try to get the back issues. I only have the Plum Easy and Making Hay issues. The
new one should be here soon though.

Enjoy the little things, for one day you may look back and realize they were the big things.
Robert Brault

idcityrose
True Blue Farmgirl

202 Posts

Rose
Idaho City Idaho
USA
202 Posts

Posted - Sep 16 2009 :  3:20:17 PM  Show Profile
I don't know the date of the first one, but it is almost impossible to find. I bid on one on Ebay a year ago but it sold for over $50 which was more than I could afford.
I have all the others, most of them I have more than one copy that I can loan out to new farmgirls. I did buy one set of the back issues from MaryJanes farm, that is a pretty good way to go. Good Luck on your collecting.

We are never alone in the forest of Sisters! We "Mountain Farmgirls" are outstanding in our field!
Go to Top of Page

peapicker
True Blue Farmgirl

716 Posts

texas
USA
716 Posts

Posted - Sep 16 2009 :  3:32:44 PM  Show Profile
Thank you Rose. I thought this thread had been lost since I posted it so late at night. This last June was my first knowledge of Mary Jane and I looked at the back issues but couldn't figure out what the dates would be. Wow, fifty dollars! I was wondering where to start if I were to collect all of the issues. I am sure I will start with back issues first. Thanks again.

Enjoy the little things, for one day you may look back and realize they were the big things.
Robert Brault
Go to Top of Page

Caron
True Blue Farmgirl

535 Posts

Caron
Orange Texas
USA
535 Posts

Posted - Sep 16 2009 :  3:55:57 PM  Show Profile
Wouldn't it be nice if the first issue could be re-printed for all of us who found Mary Janes Farm a little later and missed the original first issue?

Caron

Blessed is everyone that feareth the Lord; that walketh in His ways. For thou shalt eat the labor of thine hands: happy shalt thou be, and it shall be well with thee."
Ps. 128:1-2.
Farmgirl sister #254

Go to Top of Page

AlyssaMarie
True Blue Farmgirl

287 Posts

AlyssaMarie
Palouse Washington
USA
287 Posts

Posted - Sep 16 2009 :  6:05:46 PM  Show Profile
Last time I checked you could order the bundles of older issues off of the website, except for the first issue. It would be cool if they could reprint the first one. I know when I discovered MJ my husband ordered me a subscription and soon after I went and ordered a back issue bundle.

AlyssaMarie @ Link'd Hearts Ranch
Go to Top of Page

peapicker
True Blue Farmgirl

716 Posts

texas
USA
716 Posts

Posted - Sep 16 2009 :  6:14:57 PM  Show Profile
So if I ordered the back issues I would have all of them except the first one?

Robert Brault
Go to Top of Page

AlyssaMarie
True Blue Farmgirl

287 Posts

AlyssaMarie
Palouse Washington
USA
287 Posts

Posted - Sep 17 2009 :  2:17:20 PM  Show Profile
If you go to the MJ online store under library they have a section for back issues of the magazine. It looks like there are 3 bundles plus 2 issues that are sold individually. The prices are very reasonable and it looks like it covers all but the first issue. I hope this helps.

AlyssaMarie @ Link'd Hearts Ranch
Go to Top of Page
  **MaryJanesFarm Products & Merchandise: Previous Topic When was the first MJ Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page