Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Barnyard Buddies
 I missed the perfect picture
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Barnyard Buddies: Previous Topic I missed the perfect picture Next Topic  

EastTXFarmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

731 Posts

Victoria
Farmgirl #549 TX
USA
731 Posts

Posted - Sep 14 2009 :  12:01:37 AM  Show Profile
We have a pet guinea we call boy. We started the spring with 12 but got wiped out by coyotes and are down to one. He has been hand raised and acts more like a dog. He follows me and my husband around everytime we go out. Our home has a large porch across the entire front with several rocking chairs but my husband has his favorite and I have mine. The drive coming up to the house is about a quarter of a mile. As I was driving up the lane Friday coming home from work I saw my husband in his rocker and I could tell he was rocking but my chair was also rocking. As I got closer I could see that the guinea was in my chair and my husband had his hand on the arm rocking it for guinea boy. It was the cutest thing I have seen on the farm yet and I didn't have my camera with me. Of course when the critters see my car coming up they all come running to the back where I park so by the time I got parked the guinea had left his rocking chair to meet me and I missed the perfect picture.

Begin each morning with a song in your heart.

kristin sherrill
True Blue Farmgirl

11303 Posts

kristin
chickamauga ga
USA
11303 Posts

Posted - Sep 14 2009 :  04:13:19 AM  Show Profile
Never fails, does it? But I can just imagine how it looked. That is so neat that he's so friendly. Totally opposite of my phsyco guinea boy. Mine all run from me because I don't like them right now. They cause too much chaos in the chicken yard lately. If I could catch them I'd send them all to Texas for you!

Kris

Happiness is simple.
Go to Top of Page

homsteddinmom
True Blue Farmgirl

441 Posts

Brandee
bullard tx
USA
441 Posts

Posted - Sep 14 2009 :  07:00:19 AM  Show Profile  Send homsteddinmom a Yahoo! Message
LOL sounds too cute~ Cool to see you are in Jacksonville, tx. My dh works in Jville!

Homesteading Mom in East Texas. Raising chickens, Rabbits and goats here on my farm!
Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - Sep 14 2009 :  07:30:40 AM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
That is so cute! Can you stage it and reproduce it?

Alee
Farmgirl Sister #8
www.awarmheart.com
www.farmgirlalee.blogspot.com
www.allergyjourneys.blogspot.com
Put your pin on the farmgirl map! www.farmgirlmap.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

EastTXFarmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

731 Posts

Victoria
Farmgirl #549 TX
USA
731 Posts

Posted - Sep 14 2009 :  08:10:19 AM  Show Profile
Kristin you catch them little guys and I promise I would give them a home. You know Alee I could not reproduce it in a million years. My husband said he was just sitting there waiting for me to get home and guinea just jumped up there, has never done it before. He said guinea boy started walking from the front to the back of the chair with the rythm of William's chair, so he reached over and started rocking the chair for the guinea. He said the next thing he knew the guinea just sat down and let William rock him. You have to understand we have alot of strange creatures on our farm. Our coon hound is the guardian of all the fowl and on stormy days she goes out to the pond, herds up our 5 ducks and makes them come into her dog house which sits on the front porch. I am not sure if she thinks the ducks are going to get wet or if she is so afraid of thunder and lightning that she wants company. But those 5 ducks and her pile up in her house until the storm is over. Pud (the dog) goes swimming with the ducks. The ducks will splash and Pud will splash. It's a site to see.

Begin each morning with a song in your heart.
Go to Top of Page
  Barnyard Buddies: Previous Topic I missed the perfect picture Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page