Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Across the Fence
 It wasn't funny then, but now.....
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Across the Fence: Previous Topic It wasn't funny then, but now..... Next Topic  

kmbrown
True Blue Farmgirl

459 Posts

Misty
Waynesboro Pennsylvania
USA
459 Posts

Posted - Sep 12 2009 :  6:05:22 PM  Show Profile
ok I guess I can laugh.
So we've had tons of rain and the kids and I are getting a little bored.
I told them when they got up from nap we would go pick up a few things from the store and then go to Burger King for supper. So I comb my hair, put on fresh deoderant and get all the kids shoe's on and get them in the van as quickly as possible. (remember, 3 kids 4 and under.)
I get my 7 months pregnant self in the van and drive the 10 minutes to the store. I get out and turn around for something and realize a large piece of chocolate had somehow gotten on the driver's seat and melted all over my rear end. Now maybe it's pride on my part....but I could NOT bring myself to walk through Giant with melted chocolate (which looks like you know what) melted all over my rear. SO, I load everybody back in the van, drive 10 minutes home and changed then drove the 10 minutes back to run our errands. Exasperating for sure but I guess it's worth a laugh!!!
So farm sisters....what would you have done. Gone home and changed or just sucked it up and walked through the store knowing everybody was staring at your tush?!?

peapicker
True Blue Farmgirl

716 Posts

texas
USA
716 Posts

Posted - Sep 12 2009 :  6:13:47 PM  Show Profile
I would have gone home and changed for sure. Not sure what kind of mood I would have been in after that. On second thought I might have just gone through the drive up and gone back home and waited to tackle the errangs another day. I remember those days and you have my utmost respect.... from one mother of many to another.

Enjoy the little things, for one day you may look back and realize they were the big things.
Robert Brault
Go to Top of Page

willowtreecreek
True Blue Farmgirl

4813 Posts

Julie
Russell AR
USA
4813 Posts

Posted - Sep 12 2009 :  6:48:42 PM  Show Profile
I would have gone home to. I usually have food stains on my shirt cause I cant seem to find my mouth (Or perhaps my boobs just get in the way...) but chocolate on the butt requires a pants change! But WOW 3 kids and another one on the way???? Youve got my vote of respect chocolate on the butt or not!

Farmgirl Sister #17
Blog
www.willowtreecreek.wordpress.com
Go to Top of Page

1badmamawolf
True Blue Farmgirl

2199 Posts

Teresa
"Bent Fence Farms" Ca
USA
2199 Posts

Posted - Sep 12 2009 :  7:42:22 PM  Show Profile
I remember spilling water while driving my pick-up to the store, I was wearing faded jeans so water mixed with dust/dirt on butt and crotch area, ( we have light and medium clay dirt ), it looked like I had peed my pants twice, I live many , many miles from the store,so I cowgirled-up, and walked in and got what i had to get, listened to the whispers behind me, paid and headed for home. I did what I had to do, and ever since them, I carry a clean and "DRY" spare pair of pants in the truck with me, lol.

"Treat the earth well, it was not given to you by your parents, it was loaned to you by your children"
Go to Top of Page

kissmekate
True Blue Farmgirl

890 Posts

Kate
Delano Minnesota
890 Posts

Posted - Sep 12 2009 :  8:30:29 PM  Show Profile
I would have gone home too, since it was only ten minutes away.

Don't miss out on a blessing, just because it isn't packaged the way you expected. ~MaryJo Copeland
Go to Top of Page

maggie14
True Blue Farmgirl

6784 Posts

Hannah
Washington
USA
6784 Posts

Posted - Sep 12 2009 :  8:47:54 PM  Show Profile  Send maggie14 a Yahoo! Message
me three. Thats so funny though!
Maggie
Go to Top of Page

melanie47601
True Blue Farmgirl

1949 Posts

Melanie
Boonville IN
USA
1949 Posts

Posted - Sep 12 2009 :  9:45:15 PM  Show Profile  Send melanie47601 a Yahoo! Message
Gone home and changed for sure! Gossip is bad enough in my little town.

Melanie

Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the floor each morning the devil says "Oh Crap, She's up!"

Blog~ http://wheelsarealwaysturning.blogspot.com/

Swap Blog~ http://mels-swapshop.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22937 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22937 Posts

Posted - Sep 12 2009 :  11:56:38 PM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
Uhm yeah- I have a big one! I went on a pretty impromtu trip today to see my aunts and grandparents. Well I decided I was going to be gone for a few days- no big deal we have a vehicle Doug can use for getting to and from work. Well I had like a dummy left the radio on in the 1980 something truck and the battery was dead. Okay so I would leave later than planned so I could charge the batter (which means I had to Taxi Doug to and from work). Got the battery charged, got gas put in the truck. Got Doug home from work. Got gas in the car and dropped Doug at home. He asks "Where are the truck keys? In the key basket?" I say "Uhm I think so." So I kiss him bye and head out. Two hours down the road I stop for a potty break and...I find the keys to the truck in my purse. Uhm.... Turn around and waste the trip? Continue on down the road and see relatives but leave hubby stranded? Make it a 1 day turn around trip? Overnight mail the keys?

I decided to come on to see family but I might be driving home tomorrow! LOL

Alee
Farmgirl Sister #8
www.awarmheart.com
www.farmgirlalee.blogspot.com
www.allergyjourneys.blogspot.com
Put your pin on the farmgirl map! www.farmgirlmap.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

julia hayes
True Blue Farmgirl

1132 Posts

julia
medical lake wa
USA
1132 Posts

Posted - Sep 13 2009 :  08:24:33 AM  Show Profile
Oh my..this one had me rolling! I would have turned around and gone home to change. You betcha..

totally makes me think of the time I was nursing one of my babies. I can't remember which one now. We were in the grocery store and the baby started to cry so naturally I have this huge let down and I wasn't wearing a nursing pad. Suddenly I have this ENORMOUS milk bulls-eye stain on the left side of my shirt! I was horrified. "What to do? What to do?" I was in totally panic mode. If I had had something to spill on myself I would have. Alas. I was so self-conscious that I took that part of my shirt and tucked it into my bra. I figured it was better to look like a complete moron than have this whopping beacon staring everyone down. I tried to rig it like my purse was making my clothes all 'discombobullated'..Ah, yeah, one of those moments.....Ahhh, the things we experience with our kids! makes me laugh. ~julia

being simple to simply be
Farmgirl #30
www.julia42.etsy.com
www.about-aria.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22937 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22937 Posts

Posted - Sep 13 2009 :  08:49:15 AM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
Oh my gosh, Julia! I had that happen once too!

Alee
Farmgirl Sister #8
www.awarmheart.com

Edited by - Alee on Sep 13 2009 08:49:34 AM
Go to Top of Page

kpaints
True Blue Farmgirl

1564 Posts

karen
cheney wa
1564 Posts

Posted - Sep 13 2009 :  08:59:57 AM  Show Profile  Send kpaints an AOL message
I love hearing how you all have coped with these spills. I have 'dropsy', you can not take me anywhere without coffee being spilled on my (always wearing) white shirts. If I have coffee you just need to look below....And yet I still wear white (lots in the drawer with stains that won't come out :D ).

Find your joy and live it. http://cheneybaglady.blogspot.com/http://www.kpaints.etsy.com http://www.thevintagebaglady.etsy.com FG #377
Go to Top of Page

1badmamawolf
True Blue Farmgirl

2199 Posts

Teresa
"Bent Fence Farms" Ca
USA
2199 Posts

Posted - Sep 13 2009 :  09:29:55 AM  Show Profile
Julia, been there done that, I nursed all 4 of mine, all I had to do was "think" I heard a baby cry, did not even have to be one of mine, And I would be soaked, that milk let done would be dripping on the floor, LOL.

"Treat the earth well, it was not given to you by your parents, it was loaned to you by your children"
Go to Top of Page

Diane B Carter
True Blue Farmgirl

1270 Posts

Diane
Blasdell N.Y.
USA
1270 Posts

Posted - Sep 13 2009 :  09:33:50 AM  Show Profile
I figure I don't know the people so I'm going in with the choclate on my pants, If I know someone they already know me and know I'm just in a hurry. But I know if it was a real bad spot I would of done the drive through to make the kids happy and finished my shopping later that day or week.
I pulled a sticker off the butt of a bread carrier that said (Fresh) on it. She thanked me, then when I cashed out she was waiting for me with a loaf of bread. We both laughed over it but she wondered how many people saw it and said nothing. I said either way we had a good laugh also. The bread was nice and fresh also.

Hope all your days are Sunnydays.
dianebcarterhotmailcom.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

kmbrown
True Blue Farmgirl

459 Posts

Misty
Waynesboro Pennsylvania
USA
459 Posts

Posted - Sep 13 2009 :  6:24:18 PM  Show Profile
Oh the things we mom's go through!!! I'm glad I'm not the only one!!!!!
What funny stories...I've enjoyed them all and for sure...felt better knowing I'm not the only one!!!
Go to Top of Page

aunt boby
True Blue Farmgirl

173 Posts

toby
polo illinois
USA
173 Posts

Posted - Sep 14 2009 :  07:44:02 AM  Show Profile
These stories are so cracking me up! I would hve turned right around too and gone home to change my pants. So I suppose I can spill one of my embarrassing tales. This past spring my twins went on a field trip into Chicago to the Museum of Science and Industry. I signed up to go as a chaperone. We had to get up very early to go meet the bus as we are about two hours from Chicago. We were rushing around in the early morning hours running late as usual. On the way out the door I grabbed my jean jacket to wear. I am always cold and I figured if it was cool in the museum this was something I could wear all day and stay comfortable. Which I did wear it the entire day. When we got home that night we came in the house and the first thing out of the DH's mouth was "What is that all over the back of your jacket?" I took it off and looked and was instantly horrified! Then I vaguely remembered that I had recently wore this jacket out into the goat pen to check on kids. When I had been out there they all were swarming me when I was bent over to pet them. So the back was covered with mud and goat poop. And I walked around a museum for an entire day wearing this filthy thing. I'm not exactly sure why none of the other mothers could have brought this to my attention.

POOR IS THE MAN WHO CANNOT ENJOY THE SIMPLE THINGS IN LIFE- anonymous
Go to Top of Page

Lainey
True Blue Farmgirl

2401 Posts

Elaine
Waco Kentucky
USA
2401 Posts

Posted - Sep 14 2009 :  10:52:26 AM  Show Profile
Hehe, I would have gone home too and changed. I've had things like this happen too.

Farmgirl Sister #25

http://countrygirldreams.blogspot.com/

An Angel says, 'Never borrow from the future. If you worry about what may happen tomorrow and it doesn't happen, you have worried in vain. Even if it does happen, you have to worry twice.'
Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22937 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22937 Posts

Posted - Sep 14 2009 :  2:34:45 PM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
Oh my gosh, Toby! I can't believe someone didn't say something!

Diane- that story is too funny!

Alee
Farmgirl Sister #8
www.awarmheart.com
Go to Top of Page

Tapestry
True Blue Farmgirl

1223 Posts

Cheryl
Wisconsin
USA
1223 Posts

Posted - Sep 15 2009 :  02:32:35 AM  Show Profile  Send Tapestry a Yahoo! Message
I went to work one time and walked out of the locker room to head for my nursing unit when something suddenly dropped out of my slacks. I looked down to see a pair of clean panties laying on the floor by my foot. Apparently they'd gotten caught in my whites somehow and decided to pick that moment to let me know they were there. Thankfully no one was around so I quickly picked them up and hurried back to my locker. I so wanted to bust out laughing but didn't want anyone to hear me. I just stuffed them in my purse and hoped I'd have no other surprises.

Happy farmgirl sister #353

Look for rainbows instead of mud puddles

http://www.Tapestry2u.Etsy.com

http://tapestrysimaginings.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page
  Across the Fence: Previous Topic It wasn't funny then, but now..... Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page