Cabinprincess
True Blue Farmgirl

682 Posts

Melody June
Athens TX
USA
682 Posts

Posted - Sep 10 2009 :  10:29:52 PM  Show Profile
What a small world. I've had the pleasure to barter with Emilee here. We have bartered a few times and I've recieved wonderful heirloom seeds and some of the best spices I've every used. Then I bartered with someone else for some Hobby Farms mag's. Well I've been reading one of them from 2008 and I come across a really great article about this young couple who started "Baker Creek Heirloom Seed's" in MO. What a really cool story and pictures of this whole town they are building and the buildings are all old time western looking. My mailman shows up and I receive another package with spices for the holidays in it from Emilee, oh it smells wonderful. Of course I have to go through the package and put away all the spices, planning all my holiday meals using them. I carry her card back to my chair and pick my mag back up to continue reading about Baker Creek. That is when the light goes on, I look at her card signed "Emilee Gettle" wait a second that is the name of the young woman in the article. Oh my goodness, I am bartering with the owner of this wonderful place I'm reading about.
So Emilee I am so excited to have read this article about your husband and you. I showed my husband and we are going to plan a vacation just to come see your village in southeastern Missouri.

God's gift to you are your talents, your gift to Him is how you use them.

Calicogirl
True Blue Farmgirl

5216 Posts

Sharon
Bruce Crossing Michigan
USA
5216 Posts

Posted - Sep 11 2009 :  04:56:05 AM  Show Profile
That is neat! I have also bartered with Emilee and they do have great seeds, soaps and tea just to name a few :)

~Sharon

By His Grace, For His Glory

http://merryheartjournal.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

junebug
True Blue Farmgirl

2421 Posts

Sue
West Plains, Mo.
USA
2421 Posts

Posted - Sep 11 2009 :  05:16:33 AM  Show Profile
I've been to Bakersville many times and it just gets better and better each time! I'm only about a hour away so it's nice to have here. Worth the trip!

Visit me at my blogs:
www.countrypleasures.blogspot.com

My Etsy store:
www.heart2home.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

Ga Girl
True Blue Farmgirl

2355 Posts

Karen
Meansville Ga.
USA
2355 Posts

Posted - Sep 11 2009 :  05:26:34 AM  Show Profile
Oh how cool Melody, That is so neat that you got her package at the same time you were reading the article! Sounds like a great place to visit. Blessings,Karen

Create in me a pure heart,O God and renew a steadfast spirit within me. Psalms 51:10
www.KKJD1.etsy.com
http://farmgirlingastyle.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page
  Across the Fence: Previous Topic Baker Creek & Hobby Farms Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page