glendagoldenbp
True Blue Farmgirl

196 Posts

glenda
cleburne tx
USA
196 Posts

Posted - Sep 04 2009 :  5:02:00 PM  Show Profile
Is there a way to clear off the old threads from my archives so I don't have to review them every time?

Sunrises are wonderous things, nobody should ever miss one.

Gabe
True Blue Farmgirl

374 Posts

Gabe
Moscow Idaho
USA
374 Posts

Posted - Sep 04 2009 :  5:27:03 PM  Show Profile
I'll have to get back to you on that Tuesday, Glenda, unless someone else has an immediate answer for you on that.
Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - Sep 04 2009 :  6:06:25 PM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
Hi Glenda!

By your archives, do you mean the forum categories that load when you bring up the forum?

If so, the best way to see the topics that are "New Since last login" is by going to the upper right hand corner of the forum and clicking "active topics."

Another way to so something similar if you don't prefer to use that "Active Topics" option is to look at the bottom of each forum category once you have clicked on it. For example, click on "Across the Fence" Once that page has loaded, scroll to the bottom and you will see in the pink bar at the bottom the following:

"Showing topics 1-15 of (number of topics in category), sorted by [last post time], in [decending] order, from [all topics]. [GO]
Click on all topics and you can change it to be anything from All Open Topics, to The Last Day, to The Last Year. Pick your preferred time frame and then click the button that says "Go". That will shorten how many topics show on the screen.

I hope that helps? If that doesn't answer your question, please let me know and I will try to help you further. I am home sick with the flu so I will probably be on quite a bit for the next day or so!

Alee
Farmgirl Sister #8
www.awarmheart.com
www.farmgirlalee.blogspot.com
www.allergyjourneys.blogspot.com
Put your pin on the farmgirl map! www.farmgirlmap.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

glendagoldenbp
True Blue Farmgirl

196 Posts

glenda
cleburne tx
USA
196 Posts

Posted - Sep 06 2009 :  5:32:14 PM  Show Profile
Thanks Alee, I will try those ideas and any others you guys may come up with. How about the non-archived posts by me, how do I clear off those old ones?

Edited by - glendagoldenbp on Sep 06 2009 5:35:13 PM
Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - Sep 06 2009 :  6:58:26 PM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
Glenda- Could you give me a little more information about what screen you are looking at when you say "non-archived posts by me"?

If you have posted a bit that day and are seeing your replies to topics, then you just have to wait for others to reply. If you are meaning when you click on your name and see "Recent Topics"- Those are just pulled in by the forum, nothing we can do about that. If you are again looking at your member screen (by clicking on your name) and then clicking on the TINY print that says "Find all nonarchived posts by [yournamehere]"

Again nothing the forum can do to change that. The only way to remove posts is to delete them, however the moderators have always strongly discouraged deleting of old posts. The forum doesn't really use an "archive" feature because then it makes past posts harder to access. There is so much amazingly beneficial knowledge on the forum, the moderators want people to be able to search the past posts to help find an answer. For example- say you need a recipe that you know you saw once upon a time in the farm kitchen section of the website. By using the search fearture and some keywords- you can find that recipe- even if it was one of the first posts on the forum!

So just for day to day reading, to keep the number of categories that you sift through to read posts down, my best advice is to use the active topics. It will always (by default) just show the topics that have been posted to since you last logged onto to the forum. That way you only are shown what is new- and you don't have to sort through the category level to find things that interest! Also instead of showing the category name- it jumps right to the post title.

Alee
Farmgirl Sister #8
www.awarmheart.com
Go to Top of Page

glendagoldenbp
True Blue Farmgirl

196 Posts

glenda
cleburne tx
USA
196 Posts

Posted - Sep 09 2009 :  5:23:24 PM  Show Profile
Alee- I think you hit the nail on the head with the tiny printed find all nonarchived posts by (your name here). I was looking for a way to see the ones I wanted on 1 page instead of 4 or more, but if there is nothing to be done I will deal with it.

Thanks for the help.

Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - Sep 09 2009 :  6:54:39 PM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
Hi Glenda-

I see now what you mean! Yes, when looking at the archives you can either do a search per section with the search feature or you can page through how ever many pages of past posts you have.

Alee
Farmgirl Sister #8
www.awarmheart.com
Go to Top of Page

glendagoldenbp
True Blue Farmgirl

196 Posts

glenda
cleburne tx
USA
196 Posts

Posted - Sep 10 2009 :  4:51:46 PM  Show Profile
Yes we are on the same page!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Go to Top of Page
  Technical Support: Previous Topic Old threads Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page