Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - Sep 04 2009 :  08:31:00 AM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
Nora helped me package some soap yesterday and get it into the mail to a farmgirl. Well there were 2 left over. While I was taking my evening bath, Nora unwrapped one and brought it to me in the bathroom, and after I got out she found the second.

With a surprised "Oh!" she dived on it like it was the greatest treasure in the world. She looked at me to see if it was okay for her to have.

"Sure! You can have that one," I told her. I mean- what could be wrong with her having soap!

She picked it up and started cradling it like she does her baby dolls, "Oh! Thank You, Momma!!" And she kept repeating "Oh! Thank you!" and hugging it. It was just the cutest thing I have seen in a long time!

Alee
Farmgirl Sister #8
www.awarmheart.com
www.farmgirlalee.blogspot.com
www.allergyjourneys.blogspot.com
Put your pin on the farmgirl map! www.farmgirlmap.blogspot.com

farmmom22
True Blue Farmgirl

616 Posts

Tammy
Scottsville KY
USA
616 Posts

Posted - Sep 04 2009 :  08:42:48 AM  Show Profile
So sweet! Kids love the simplest things.

http://afarmgirljourney.blogspot.com/
Farmgirl Sister #492

Though no one can go back and make a brand new start, anyone can start from now and make a brand new ending. -Carl Bard
Go to Top of Page

Calicogirl
True Blue Farmgirl

5216 Posts

Sharon
Bruce Crossing Michigan
USA
5216 Posts

Posted - Sep 04 2009 :  08:49:16 AM  Show Profile
That is so sweet Alee :) I can just see her eyes sparkling while thanking you!

~Sharon

By His Grace, For His Glory

http://merryheartjournal.blogspot.com/

Edited by - Calicogirl on Sep 04 2009 08:50:13 AM
Go to Top of Page

dutchy
True Blue Farmgirl

4427 Posts

4427 Posts

Posted - Sep 04 2009 :  09:34:46 AM  Show Profile
Yup. Kids can be so cute when they do that, they CAN be happy with the smallest things :) Better keep her that way Alee. Sometimes you see children that only want bigger and bigger. They are never satisfied with whatever they get. It always makes me smile when I see a child that is so happy with what is for us grown ups a regular thing :)

Hugs from Marian/Dutchy, a farmgirl from the Netherlands :)

My personal blog:
http://just-me-a-dutch-girl.blogspot.com/

Almost daily updates on me and mine :)
Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - Sep 04 2009 :  09:41:24 AM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
Dutchy- I sure am going to do my best. She is really great about saying please and thank you, and for the most part Nora only gets presents at special holidays or if she has been exceptionally good. We don't buy presents and treats everytime we go to the store. She has a very sweet and loving personality even through the "terrible twos"- LOL! So I am hoping this continues!

Alee
Farmgirl Sister #8
www.awarmheart.com
www.farmgirlalee.blogspot.com
www.allergyjourneys.blogspot.com
Put your pin on the farmgirl map! www.farmgirlmap.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

maggie14
True Blue Farmgirl

6784 Posts

Hannah
Washington
USA
6784 Posts

Posted - Sep 04 2009 :  09:45:30 AM  Show Profile  Send maggie14 a Yahoo! Message
Thats so cute Alee!
Maggie
Go to Top of Page

ceejay48
Farmgirl Legend/Schoolmarm/Sharpshooter

13645 Posts

CeeJay (CJ)
Dolores Colorado
USA
13645 Posts

Posted - Sep 04 2009 :  09:51:01 AM  Show Profile  Send ceejay48 a Yahoo! Message
I have two step-grandchildren, a boy who will be 16 in January and a girl who will be 18 in April. They have been part of our family for 5 years and I have enjoyed them a lot and have good relationships with them. But they, especially the girl, are very self-focused and want, want, WANT!! She is this "well, what about me" kind of person . . . in the last couple years has decided to embrace bulemia and has become this miserable, very unhealthy and UN-FUN person. I pray for the return of the young lady I first knew. The boy, however, is a different story.
While he can get into the easy-going teenaged boy "duh" mentality, he is a fun kid to be around!!!
I say that all to say that they things they learn when they are little carry into their teen years. Sounds like you have a real sweetie, Alee!!!
CJ

...from the barefoot farmgirl in SW Colorado...sister chick #665
Go to Top of Page
  Across the Fence: Previous Topic The cutest thing... Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page