Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Gathered Up
 A local farmer's idea - that WORKED!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Gathered Up: Previous Topic A local farmer's idea - that WORKED! Next Topic  

n/a
deleted

28 Posts

Kimberely
MaryJanesFarm Idaho
28 Posts

Posted - Oct 27 2004 :  2:35:11 PM  Show Profile
A local farmer was helping to raise money for the restoration of his town's community theater. He asked us if they could sell our magazine at their local Farmer's Market and receive a percentage of the total sales for their fund-raising project. Of course, we said yes, and they sold all the magazines! This really helped their fund-raising efforts. From this, we decided to make this offer available to all our rural communities and organizations, local and not so local.

We know how it is when your children, or neighboring children, are trying to raise money for their organization. They hand you a flyer with all sorts of high-priced wrapping paper, chocolates, popcorn, or who knows what else. And of course, we buy! To help support a worthy cause! After all, that's what it's all about, supporting a cause! Well, we've decided that by allowing people to sell our magazine, not only are we helping rural Americans to succeed in their fund-raising efforts, but people could support a cause AND get a product that is good for them.

Here's how it works, an organization orders the number of magazines they wish to sell. (There are NO up-front costs, with the exception of shipping for the magazines.) The organization sells the magazines and they get to keep 50% of the total sales. That's it, that simple.

So, if you are in an organization, be it your local quilting club, various ladies chapters, or even if you have children needing to raise money, we want to help. If you are interested or have ANY questions, please feel free to email me - Kim@maryjanesfarm.org or you can post it here.

Thanks for your support and let us know if you have any suggestions for other ways we can help.

Edited by - n/a on Oct 27 2004 3:10:08 PM

jpbluesky
True Blue Farmgirl

6066 Posts

Jeannie
Florida
USA
6066 Posts

Posted - Oct 28 2004 :  12:35:18 PM  Show Profile
Great, great, great idea! I can see 4-H clubs using this and scout troups and gardening clubs. And organice farmers who have booths at fresh markets! The list is endless. I am going to try and see how I could make use of this idea!

Thanks, MJF and staff

jpbluesky

Love those big blue skies and wide open spaces.
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

28 Posts

Kimberely
MaryJanesFarm Idaho
28 Posts

Posted - Oct 28 2004 :  12:44:12 PM  Show Profile
WOW! Great ideas! I never even thought of Garden Clubs, and I do know some local farmers that go to our town's Farmer's Market every Saturday, maybe this could help them too! And definitely 4-H, I think this would be a great help to our local clubs here!
Thanks for the tips!
Go to Top of Page
  Gathered Up: Previous Topic A local farmer's idea - that WORKED! Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page