prairie_princess
True Blue Farmgirl

613 Posts

Elizabeth
Carpenter WY
USA
613 Posts

Posted - Sep 03 2009 :  06:04:01 AM  Show Profile
well, september is here! i'm so very excited and looking forward to fall! what are your plans for the month?

the hubs and i will be attending his youngest brother's wedding on the 19th in texas... so i'm getting ready for that (i'm a bridesmaid, hubs is a groomsman). hoping i will fit into the bridesmaid dress :( but it's a wedding on the beach, so i'm looking forward to that... i havn't been to the beach in ages! and i've never been to texas... we are driving to chorpus christi, and i'm hoping to stop along the way for some awesome bbq!

maybe going camping in the mountains this weekend, helping hubs scope out a hunting spot for the fall.

and sometime hope to get back up to rocky mountain national park for some hiking in the HIGH mountains. went last week and it was beautiful, but couldn't hike because we had the grandparents along.

"Only two things that money can't buy, that's true love and homegrown tomatoes."
- Guy Clark

"The man who has planted a garden feels he has done something for the good of the world."
- Charles Dudley Warner

Ga Girl
True Blue Farmgirl

2355 Posts

Karen
Meansville Ga.
USA
2355 Posts

Posted - Sep 03 2009 :  06:11:24 AM  Show Profile
I have so much planed for this month! Two arts and craft festivals, indian pow wow, womens conferance, fall festival and the best thing is a big yard sale near here that only happens every three months. You fill up a white trash bag full of anything for $5. Oh and lots of fall decorating!!!
Hope you have a great camping trip we are hoping to get to go next month thats what my 12yr old wants for his b-day! Fun for him and us!
Blessings,Karen

Create in me a pure heart,O God and renew a steadfast spirit within me. Psalms 51:10
www.KKJD1.etsy.com
http://farmgirlingastyle.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

knitnpickinatune
True Blue Farmgirl

1140 Posts

Sherrie
Gardena California
USA
1140 Posts

Posted - Sep 06 2009 :  12:19:57 PM  Show Profile
Watching football,fixin up the front porch,celebrating the Autumn Equinox,and lovin my favorite time of year!

http://www.pluckyfarmgirl.blogspot.com
http://www.mandochicks.com
http://www.mandolinbabe.com
http://www.mtndulcimer.com

@MandolinChick on Twitter
fingerpickin Farmgirl #702
Go to Top of Page

AuntieM
True Blue Farmgirl

151 Posts

Marjorie
Holly Springs NC
USA
151 Posts

Posted - Sep 06 2009 :  8:53:45 PM  Show Profile
We'll be putting the garden to bed, finishing up the canning, knitting a baby blanket for my next door neighbor's new baby, and taking a quick trip over Thanksgiving to visit family in New Jersey. Can't wait! Hope everyone's autumn turns out exactly the way you want it to!
Go to Top of Page

Calicogirl
True Blue Farmgirl

5216 Posts

Sharon
Bruce Crossing Michigan
USA
5216 Posts

Posted - Sep 07 2009 :  07:31:45 AM  Show Profile
I love Autumn and am so glad it's closer. The weather has been a little cooler here and I plan on decorating for Fall within the next couple of days.

~We went to a craft show after church yesterday, it was nice. I love going to bazaars and craft fairs this season.
~We plan on picking some apples this month for pies and apple butter.
~We try to do a road trip to check out the foliage, that is one of my favorite things to do.
~Our garden is just now getting ready to harvest. It's been a strange year with the temperatures here. So the garden won't be going to bed any time soon!
~Our local Bee keeper also has a day when you bring your own containers and they fill them up with honey for $6.00 a pound. We do that each year as well.
~Hiking and picnicking in the mountains. I love this with the weather being cooler :)
~Plant Mums and buy pumpkins and decorative squash (I don't know if I will be able to harvest pumpkins this year)
~Knitting and hopefully learning to sew :)

~Sharon

By His Grace, For His Glory

http://merryheartjournal.blogspot.com/

Edited by - Calicogirl on Sep 08 2009 09:15:35 AM
Go to Top of Page

gramadinah
True Blue Farmgirl

3557 Posts

Diana
Orofino ID
USA
3557 Posts

Posted - Sep 07 2009 :  07:42:25 AM  Show Profile
County Fairs Canning hikes in the forest putting the house and garden to away for the winter. Sewing school clothes Nice soups for dinner and Hunting Camp.

Diana

Farmgirl Sister #273
Go to Top of Page

Lainey
True Blue Farmgirl

2401 Posts

Elaine
Waco Kentucky
USA
2401 Posts

Posted - Sep 08 2009 :  07:19:05 AM  Show Profile
Autumn is my very favorite time of year! There's so much to do and it's the best time for sensory pleasures I think. From the bright colors, to the crisp temps, and all the lovely scents... it is just wonderful.

My inlaws and my husband's aunts and uncles are in for a visit this month and we'll go with them to a few festivals. We are having an early anniversary party/cookout this upcoming weekend and have quite a few people coming. In October we are taking a trip to Circleville, Ohio to the Pumpkin Show. We really love it up there that time of year. Also the larger towns in my county have several festivals going on throughout the fall. I'm just looking forward to them all and going leaf peeping!

Farmgirl Sister #25

http://countrygirldreams.blogspot.com/

An Angel says, 'Never borrow from the future. If you worry about what may happen tomorrow and it doesn't happen, you have worried in vain. Even if it does happen, you have to worry twice.'
Go to Top of Page

FebruaryViolet
True Blue Farmgirl

4810 Posts

Jonni
Elsmere Kentucky
USA
4810 Posts

Posted - Sep 08 2009 :  07:31:19 AM  Show Profile
Mine, too, Lainey--especially since I'm an October baby. I'm really having difficulty grasping that it IS September already!!!

This month is "safety month" at our house! Our little girl is getting ready to crawl any second, and we are putting up all the cabinet locks and outlet covers we can find. Plus, getting down on her level to really "see" what might be a danger.

This coming Sunday, is the Mainstrasse district (a German Heritage village in Covington, Kentucky)Octoberfest celebration. Justin will be playing out for the first time in a loooong time, and I'm SO looking forward to seeing him. He plays music to Violet in the house all the time, but it will be special for her to see him in action, even if she really has no idea :) Cool for me, too, since I've missed it so.

We also plan on taking some hikes in the tristate parks. We have sooo many wonderful state and county parks within an hour to an hour 1/2 drive, that we have endless opportunities to see beautiful things!

I'm counting down till it cools off so I can justify making my curry sweet potato shepherds pie, and other wonderful squash and pumpkin soups that are a "must" in our house during the autumn months!

Then comes October---taking Violet to her first pumpkin patch and apple orchard will be so much fun!!!

Musings from our family in the Bluegrass http://sweetvioletmae.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

ruenietwoshoes
True Blue Farmgirl

90 Posts

Patricia
Thornton West Virginia
USA
90 Posts

Posted - Sep 12 2009 :  07:32:56 AM  Show Profile  Send ruenietwoshoes an AOL message  Click to see ruenietwoshoes's MSN Messenger address  Send ruenietwoshoes a Yahoo! Message
This month I've been working in the garden getting the last of the stuff up. Though we have volunteer stuff still growing so we will be covering that stuff. As well I start Certified Nursing Classes on the 21st. Also I have two LPN entrance exams one this wednesday and one the 26th. Maybe seeing my boyfriend and some friends before I start the 8wk nursing classes. I'm excited! Than I'll be going to the Buckwheat Festival here for Buckwheat Cakes! Those are always a treat! :)

<3 Patricia
sister.daughter.lover.knitter.best friend.quilter.hand stitcher.a cook.a soon-to-be-nurse.animal lover.mountaineer.facebook junkie.and a new blogger.and a lover of God!

I'm only 21! :)

http://sweetsugarstitches.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Autumn Leaves
True Blue Farmgirl

463 Posts

Jennifer
Northern California
USA
463 Posts

Posted - Sep 12 2009 :  6:17:24 PM  Show Profile
Like a lot of you this is my favorite time of year as well. Turning #37 Monday and I think I'll spend the day getting my yard and house done up just so. All the pumkins, scarecrows and other fall items can't wait to be displyed. We have to wait for fire season to be over in our area before we can make travel plans. I hope to be camping at our favorite spot for Thanksgiving. Nothing better than turkey dinner by the camp fire!! A very blessed autumn season to you all!!

Jennifer

Never let yesterday use up too much of today - Will Rogers
Go to Top of Page
  Holidays: Previous Topic happy september! Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page