Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Stitching & Crafting Room
 fall craft projects/traditions
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Stitching & Crafting Room: Previous Topic fall craft projects/traditions Next Topic  

MrsDirtDoctor
True Blue Farmgirl

165 Posts

Hallowell Maine
USA
165 Posts

Posted - Sep 02 2009 :  1:54:16 PM  Show Profile
what are your fall crafts and traditions?? My husband and I go hiking in the woods every Autumn and make vine wreaths and displays for our shelves,We simmer some apple cider and listen to old swing music while the crisp fall chill nips the air. this year we will go hiking into our back woods and pick the apples to make homemade apple sauce and can it up. What will all you farm gals be doing?

dutchy
True Blue Farmgirl

4427 Posts

4427 Posts

Posted - Sep 02 2009 :  2:27:39 PM  Show Profile
I always go looking for chestnuts, acorn, pretty leaves things like that. Sometimes I make a little wreath, other times I put them in a nice bowl with some small pumpkins etc. Fall plate, looks cute on the coffee table.
HOPE to do that again this year. Already found me some acorns, lots of trees in my area YAY!!

Hugs from Marian/Dutchy, a farmgirl from the Netherlands :)

My personal blog:
http://just-me-a-dutch-girl.blogspot.com/

Almost daily updates on me and mine :)
Go to Top of Page

chaddsgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

843 Posts

Sarah
Farmgirl Sisterhood #639 MO
USA
843 Posts

Posted - Sep 02 2009 :  2:35:03 PM  Show Profile
Picking up walnuts. Not really that much fun, but I can turn them in for money so that is good. I've been saving my dog food bags all year to put black walnuts in when it comes time to start picking them up.

My friend goes home to St. Louis to go apple picking every year with her family. She always brings back apples for me. This year I'm going to make apple sauce, apple butter and apple pie filling to can.

A person is a success if they get up in the morning and get to bed at night and in between does what they want to do. Bob Dylan
Go to Top of Page

yarnmamma
True Blue Farmgirl

4247 Posts

Linda
Clarks Summit PA
USA
4247 Posts

Posted - Sep 02 2009 :  3:09:52 PM  Show Profile  Send yarnmamma a Yahoo! Message
geeeezzzz! Are you trying to tell us that summer is over???? Ya mean Fall is here or almost here????

I love the orange and red leaves..I'll collect some and stick them on a wreath and put on the table with little pumpkins and Indian corn. I usually buy large and small Indian corn in the grocery store to hang on my doors.

Linda in Scranton, PA

Go to Top of Page

1badmamawolf
True Blue Farmgirl

2199 Posts

Teresa
"Bent Fence Farms" Ca
USA
2199 Posts

Posted - Sep 02 2009 :  3:33:37 PM  Show Profile
As soon as the leaves start changing color back home in Missouri, my mama collects a bunch for me and mails them off. When they get here i put them in bowls, plus a wreath that I make every year for the front door. I really miss the color changes from home so my Mom helps by giveing me some so the home sick isn't quit so bad. This is also the time I stack a cord or so of wood on the front porch, so I don't have far to go to get wood in bad weather, which also means I inspect the woodstove pipe to make sure there's no build up or cracks/holes. I can't wait to be able to curl up with my grandsons or a dog and cat in front of the stove, and read a good book, crochet/knitt or work on a quilt.

"Treat the earth well, it was not given to you by your parents, it was loaned to you by your children"
Go to Top of Page

laurzgot
True Blue Farmgirl

1672 Posts

Laurie
Alvin Texas
USA
1672 Posts

Posted - Sep 02 2009 :  5:31:52 PM  Show Profile
I always decorate the house with all my fall nick nacks that I have made. Wreaths, scarecrow dolls and pumpkins on the front porch, pretty fall flowers planted in the front and back yards. Glass bowls filled with pinecones and nuts and fall leaves. Oh! and picking up pecans from our orchard.
Laurie

suburban countrygirl at heart
Go to Top of Page

yarnmamma
True Blue Farmgirl

4247 Posts

Linda
Clarks Summit PA
USA
4247 Posts

Posted - Sep 02 2009 :  6:05:14 PM  Show Profile  Send yarnmamma a Yahoo! Message
Laurie that sounds so nice.

Linda in Scranton, PA

Go to Top of Page

Faransgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

895 Posts

Beth
Houston Texas
USA
895 Posts

Posted - Sep 03 2009 :  11:57:14 AM  Show Profile
I bring out all the fall decorations and crank down the a/c so I can pretend it is cold. I start working on my Christmas gift that have to be sewn or crocheted or knitted. Since my girls were babies I have made them Christmas Pajamas every year. Then it grew to them and Dad, got pajamas, then they got old enough for boyfriends and favorite girl friends and they got added. Then my friend and her husband, then my Mom, Sister and my Dad's wife. Last year I made 15 pairs because my friend wanted her daughter and son-in-law to have some. Each person gets fabric especially for them. This year it is going to be hard because I am working and plan to make aprons for all the girls. Guess I better get busy or I won't get done. Gee is fall already here.

Farmgirl Sister 572

May the force of the horse be with you.
Go to Top of Page

Roxy7
True Blue Farmgirl

1083 Posts

Robin
Denver CO
USA
1083 Posts

Posted - Sep 03 2009 :  3:44:19 PM  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by chaddsgirl

Picking up walnuts. Not really that much fun, but I can turn them in for money so that is good. I've been saving my dog food bags all year to put black walnuts in when it comes time to start picking them up.

My friend goes home to St. Louis to go apple picking every year with her family. She always brings back apples for me. This year I'm going to make apple sauce, apple butter and apple pie filling to can.

A person is a success if they get up in the morning and get to bed at night and in between does what they want to do. Bob Dylan

I love black walnut ice cream. I havent had it in ages. Do you have trees or are they growing wild?
Go to Top of Page

Tapestry
True Blue Farmgirl

1223 Posts

Cheryl
Wisconsin
USA
1223 Posts

Posted - Sep 04 2009 :  04:52:48 AM  Show Profile  Send Tapestry a Yahoo! Message
I just put up 11 and a half pints of plum butter and have a bushel basket full of apples waiting to become applesauce and apple butter. I have grape vine wreaths I've woven from wild grape vine that will be wrapped around a big wicker basket I always fill with fall mums. I gather pine cones to put in bowls around the house. I fill a couple oil warmers with spiced oil that makes the house smell soooooo good.

Happy farmgirl sister #353

Look for rainbows instead of mud puddles

http://www.Tapestry2u.Etsy.com

http://tapestrysimaginings.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page
  Stitching & Crafting Room: Previous Topic fall craft projects/traditions Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page