Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Fabulous Farm Collectibles
 *Farmgirl Barter™
 RU Interested In a Charm Square exchange???
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author *Farmgirl Barter™: Previous Topic RU Interested In a Charm Square exchange??? Next Topic
Page: of 3

suzifire
True Blue Farmgirl

95 Posts

Suzi
Denton N.C.
USA
95 Posts

Posted - Sep 02 2009 :  12:03:25 PM  Show Profile
Would anyone be interested in a charm square exchange of 6" fabric blocks? ..I don't know how to organize this so if someone would take charge of gathering addresses & emailing them to all the participants. We could have each participant list their preference of color or theme & everyone can search their stash to mail two 6" squares directly to each one.
Or Maybe this could even be an on going thing with a different color or theme each month, but lets start with one month.
So we need someone to organize this & need for anyone interested in exchanging to sign up...You can sign up twice but remember that you will be then be obligated to send 4 squares to each one.

"I want a world that is sane & just & clean & I am willing to do my part to make it so"

farmallgrl
True Blue Farmgirl

483 Posts

Angela
Westminster MD
USA
483 Posts

Posted - Sep 02 2009 :  12:12:18 PM  Show Profile
I think I would be interested in participating.

Angela
Farmgirl Sister #337

Instead of telling God how big your problem is....tell your problem how big God is.
Go to Top of Page

LynnMarie
True Blue Farmgirl

612 Posts

Lynn
Staunton IL
USA
612 Posts

Posted - Sep 02 2009 :  1:23:57 PM  Show Profile  Send LynnMarie a Yahoo! Message
I am interested. Count me in.

LynnMarie

Bringing the Past Back to Life
www.freewebs.com/decampsettlement

"You may never know what results come from your action. But, if you do nothing, there will be no results" -Gandhi
Go to Top of Page

LakeOntarioFarmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

933 Posts

Brenda
North Rose NY
USA
933 Posts

Posted - Sep 02 2009 :  4:35:23 PM  Show Profile
I would be interested too!

Brenda
FarmGirl # 711

http://theviewfromhere-brenda.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

antoinette
True Blue Farmgirl

826 Posts

Toni
East Freedom PA
USA
826 Posts

Posted - Sep 02 2009 :  8:35:34 PM  Show Profile
I would like to do this also count me in. Toni
Go to Top of Page

LynnMarie
True Blue Farmgirl

612 Posts

Lynn
Staunton IL
USA
612 Posts

Posted - Sep 06 2009 :  08:58:47 AM  Show Profile  Send LynnMarie a Yahoo! Message
So ... which way would be best - make a list of participants and then the first person send maybe 6 squares to the next on the list (each person takes out the fabric that interests them and replaces that number of squares) OR swap 2 squares for 2 squares with a partner?

LynnMarie

"You may never know what results come from your action. But, if you do nothing, there will be no results" -Gandhi
Go to Top of Page

farmallgrl
True Blue Farmgirl

483 Posts

Angela
Westminster MD
USA
483 Posts

Posted - Sep 06 2009 :  10:40:05 AM  Show Profile
Lynn,
Maybe there could be a list of participants with addys and everyone send all participants 2 squares. So everyone gets the same amount of squares, and each month have a different color or theme.

Angela
Farmgirl Sister #337

Instead of telling God how big your problem is....tell your problem how big God is.
Go to Top of Page

LynnMarie
True Blue Farmgirl

612 Posts

Lynn
Staunton IL
USA
612 Posts

Posted - Sep 06 2009 :  12:22:40 PM  Show Profile  Send LynnMarie a Yahoo! Message
Sounds great!

LynnMarie

Go to Top of Page

Futters
True Blue Farmgirl

608 Posts

Michelle & Ashley
CA
USA
608 Posts

Posted - Sep 06 2009 :  4:46:55 PM  Show Profile
Hey all. I would be happy to organize this. Here is how it would work. 1) We pick a theme for the 6" charms. 2) When sign-ups end, we make one charm square for each person of the same pattern. If you wish to cut several patterns, that works too! So if 11 farmgirls sign up, we each cut 11 charms of the same pattern. If you wish to send two different patterns, then you would be sending me 22 charm squares, 11 each of the two patterns. Make sense? 3)You all send me the charms, along with a self addressed postage paid envelope to cover the cost of sending you a mixed lot of charms back. 4) I will return in the mail to you a mixed selection of charms within five days. 4) We then have a date of when to post pics of what we made out of the charms we received. I have a daughter who I would con into helping me separate the charms, so I can get them back to you quickly. How does that sound? Just let me know.

Have a good day!

Michelle
Friendship is always a sweet responsibility, never an opportunity.
http://thetatteredquiltcottage.blogspot.com/

Edited by - Futters on Sep 06 2009 6:52:57 PM
Go to Top of Page

LynnMarie
True Blue Farmgirl

612 Posts

Lynn
Staunton IL
USA
612 Posts

Posted - Sep 06 2009 :  5:03:00 PM  Show Profile  Send LynnMarie a Yahoo! Message
Sounds good to me Michelle. Count me in.

LynnMarie

Go to Top of Page

EastTXFarmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

731 Posts

Victoria
Farmgirl #549 TX
USA
731 Posts

Posted - Sep 06 2009 :  5:33:17 PM  Show Profile
I want in. Michelle that sounds great. Michelle when you say same pattern are you referring to the shape or the fabric?

Begin each morning with a song in your heart.
Go to Top of Page

farmallgrl
True Blue Farmgirl

483 Posts

Angela
Westminster MD
USA
483 Posts

Posted - Sep 07 2009 :  06:43:18 AM  Show Profile
I am all in!! Thanks for organizing Michelle. Depending on the theme I may do 4 or 5 sets:)

Angela
Farmgirl Sister #337

Go to Top of Page

Futters
True Blue Farmgirl

608 Posts

Michelle & Ashley
CA
USA
608 Posts

Posted - Sep 07 2009 :  08:34:47 AM  Show Profile
Hi all. I noticed that my response to Victoria is not here now. Is there some site movement going on here or do we have a ghost? Oh well.

Victoria, I am referring to the pattern of the fabric. Say you have fabric with the pattern of chickens and another of red and white ginham you would like to share. Then you would cut 11 chicken fabrics and 11 red and white gingham fabrics. All blocks will be 6" x 6" squares though. Angela, sounds good to me. I will probably do the same.

Again, I would love to hear from Suzi (suzifire) just to get her blessing to organize this swap as I don't want to step on any toes. Hope you understand.

Have a good day!

Michelle
Go to Top of Page

EastTXFarmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

731 Posts

Victoria
Farmgirl #549 TX
USA
731 Posts

Posted - Sep 07 2009 :  6:45:16 PM  Show Profile
There has been some site movement going on evidently they wanted all the swaps going on in other forums to be in the barter link and they moved them. It took me awhile to find all the swaps I doing right now. And thank you for clearing up the pattern questions. That was what I thought you meant but I have learned to never assume anything. I'm ready to get started. This is probably the most exciting swap yet. I really like the idea of everyone doing a show and tell of a finished product from the charms.

Go to Top of Page

suzifire
True Blue Farmgirl

95 Posts

Suzi
Denton N.C.
USA
95 Posts

Posted - Sep 08 2009 :  09:53:54 AM  Show Profile
Great!!!!Thanks for getting this all together ladies....I will be joining in soon. Especially of we do a roses or pink theme!!!!

"I want a world that is sane & just & clean & I am willing to do my part to make it so"
Go to Top of Page

yarnmamma
True Blue Farmgirl

4247 Posts

Linda
Clarks Summit PA
USA
4247 Posts

Posted - Sep 08 2009 :  10:04:10 AM  Show Profile  Send yarnmamma a Yahoo! Message
There are charm swaps going on all the time...with color or holiday theme...did ya see them? I thought this was the same thing.

Linda in Scranton, PA

Go to Top of Page

yarnmamma
True Blue Farmgirl

4247 Posts

Linda
Clarks Summit PA
USA
4247 Posts

Posted - Sep 08 2009 :  10:05:38 AM  Show Profile  Send yarnmamma a Yahoo! Message
http://www.maryjanesfarm.org/snitz/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=33859

here is the latest

Linda in Scranton, PA

Go to Top of Page

EastTXFarmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

731 Posts

Victoria
Farmgirl #549 TX
USA
731 Posts

Posted - Sep 08 2009 :  9:17:52 PM  Show Profile
Michelle do we have any dates in mind of when we are going to have these mailed to you?

Go to Top of Page

EastTXFarmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

731 Posts

Victoria
Farmgirl #549 TX
USA
731 Posts

Posted - Sep 10 2009 :  7:39:52 PM  Show Profile
Just checking if we are continuing on with this swap. I'm still in if we are.

Go to Top of Page

Futters
True Blue Farmgirl

608 Posts

Michelle & Ashley
CA
USA
608 Posts

Posted - Sep 11 2009 :  5:50:16 PM  Show Profile
HI ladies,

I haven't fallen off the face of the earth, I promise. I will post details tomorrow. We have been sick around here. Some kind of viral thing. Not fun. Let me get a bit more sleep and I will post tomorrow. We are still on though.

Have a good day!

Michelle

Edited by - Futters on Sep 12 2009 11:24:37 AM
Go to Top of Page

Futters
True Blue Farmgirl

608 Posts

Michelle & Ashley
CA
USA
608 Posts

Posted - Sep 12 2009 :  11:51:32 AM  Show Profile
UPDATE as of 09-27

6" Charm Square Exchange:

Farmgirls participating:

Suzifire = Suzi
Farmallgrl = Angela Received
LynnMarie = Lynn Received Received her charms!
LakeOntariofarmgirl = Brenda Received Received her charms!
Antoinette = Toni
Futters = Michelle Finished
EastTXfarmgirl = Victoria Received
Khartquilt = Kathy - Received

No theme for this charm swap. To keep costs down, how about if we cut 8 charms of the same fabric pattern from the stash we already have. Actually, I don't have a stash built up yet, so I will have to buy some. Hee Hee!!! If you wish to share more than one fabric pattern, please do.

Mail your charms to me by October 15th. Please include a self-addressed stamped envelope so I can return them to you. I will have your charms back in the mail within five days of receiving them all. I will post next to each of your names when I have received your charms, keeping you informed.

Please post a picture of your charm swap creation on this thread by November 15th. That gives us one month to be creative. Let's try and hold true to this, as I love to see what others have created.

How does this sound to you all?

Please post of there are any questions or problems that come up.

Have fun!!!!

Have a good day!

Michelle

Edited by - Futters on Oct 26 2009 1:38:16 PM
Go to Top of Page

EastTXFarmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

731 Posts

Victoria
Farmgirl #549 TX
USA
731 Posts

Posted - Sep 12 2009 :  8:45:15 PM  Show Profile
That sounds great. Will you email us your address? I'm excited about this one. I'm just learning to sew and it gets more fun every day. (now that I can sew an almost straight line things are looking up)

Go to Top of Page

LynnMarie
True Blue Farmgirl

612 Posts

Lynn
Staunton IL
USA
612 Posts

Posted - Sep 13 2009 :  05:39:54 AM  Show Profile  Send LynnMarie a Yahoo! Message
quote:
Originally posted by EastTXFarmgirl

I'm excited about this one. I'm just learning to sew and it gets more fun every day. (now that I can sew an almost straight line things are looking up)

Oh Victoria, Sewing is so much fun, isn't it? Glad you are learning to sew. I was born loving to sew. I remember being 3 or 4 years old and "sewing" those cardboard picture cards that had holes punched around the design and I'd thread my yarn through the holes to sew the design. Does anyone else remember them?

And then around age 5 or 6, my mom would give me the sleeve ends when she would cut the sleeves off to make short sleeves. She also gave me a needle and thread and let me design clothes from these sleeves for my doll. I sure don't remember what I made but I do remember sitting outside on the concrete patio (see I also loved the outdoors, even for sewing LOL) with my sleeves, needle, thread, scissors, and doll (probably plastic lol) and I was in heaven.

Anyway, I got sidetracked there, sorry.

Don't worry about straight stitches, no one will know. LOL If I haven't sewed in awhile (and I've been sewing ... guess that makes it 55 years if I count sewing sleeves! ... my stitches are not straight either. Just like riding a bike; at first you are a little wobbly if you haven't ridden in awhile, and then you straighten out.

LynnMarie

Edited by - LynnMarie on Sep 13 2009 05:40:57 AM
Go to Top of Page

khartquilt
True Blue Farmgirl

1176 Posts

USA
1176 Posts

Posted - Sep 13 2009 :  1:03:31 PM  Show Profile
Michelle, Please add me to your swap. I would like to join too.

Kathy H
Farmgirl Sister #81
"To the world you may be one person, but to one person you may be the world..." (anomymous)
http://khartquilt.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

farmallgrl
True Blue Farmgirl

483 Posts

Angela
Westminster MD
USA
483 Posts

Posted - Sep 13 2009 :  2:15:44 PM  Show Profile
The oct. 15th deadline is great, but I am a little concerned about posting something made up by the Nov. 15th deadline. I will do my best, but I make EVERY gift for the holidays and I have been working on them since Aug. But I will try my best:)

Angela
Farmgirl Sister #337

Go to Top of Page

LynnMarie
True Blue Farmgirl

612 Posts

Lynn
Staunton IL
USA
612 Posts

Posted - Sep 13 2009 :  4:25:03 PM  Show Profile  Send LynnMarie a Yahoo! Message
Michele,

I have the squares ready but I need your mailing info.

LynnMarie

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 3 *Farmgirl Barter™: Previous Topic RU Interested In a Charm Square exchange??? Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page