Printer Friendly
Author Weather Report: Previous Topic Early fall Next Topic  

prariehawk
True Blue Farmgirl

2914 Posts

Cindy

2914 Posts

Posted - Sep 01 2009 :  6:54:03 PM  Show Profile
Today was a beautiful day in the Midwest--the sky was pale blue with lots of puffy white clouds. Everything was still as green as it was back in June, and the temperature was mild. I think we're going to have an early fall cause I can't remember any summer ever being this cool. Apparently it's the coolest summer since 1934. The Old Farmer's Almanac is predicting a very cold, snowy winter for the country's mid-section. I for one, won't mind. Cold winters mean less bugs in the summer. Also this weather is perfect for hiking and camping.
Cindy

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - Sep 01 2009 :  8:16:54 PM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
Cindy- I agree! I think it will be an early winter and a long one to boot. The first frost according to the almanac will be September 18th which is more than a month early for our area! I am having a hard time believing it, but my horse is convinced! She is growing her winter woolies already!

Alee
Farmgirl Sister #8
www.awarmheart.com
www.farmgirlalee.blogspot.com
www.allergyjourneys.blogspot.com
Put your pin on the farmgirl map! www.farmgirlmap.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

gramadinah
True Blue Farmgirl

3557 Posts

Diana
Orofino ID
USA
3557 Posts

Posted - Sep 01 2009 :  8:33:35 PM  Show Profile
So why does 85 degrees in May seem so hot and 85 degrees in September seem so cool?

Farmgirl Sister #273
Go to Top of Page

prairie_princess
True Blue Farmgirl

613 Posts

Elizabeth
Carpenter WY
USA
613 Posts

Posted - Sep 02 2009 :  06:07:38 AM  Show Profile
ooh, cindy i love it when the sky looks like that! it's just beautiful and possesses so much romance. i always think of when the wagon trains traveled across the prairie, what they must have thought about the country seeing it for the first time. many people think it's so ugly on the open plains, but i think it has such stark beauty. i'm hoping we have an early fall!!!

"Only two things that money can't buy, that's true love and homegrown tomatoes."
- Guy Clark

"The man who has planted a garden feels he has done something for the good of the world."
- Charles Dudley Warner
Go to Top of Page

Ga Girl
True Blue Farmgirl

2355 Posts

Karen
Meansville Ga.
USA
2355 Posts

Posted - Sep 02 2009 :  06:47:08 AM  Show Profile
Oh it so nice and cool here in Ga too. I have my windows up and my ac off! Aint life great!

Create in me a pure heart,O God and renew a steadfast spirit within me. Psalms 51:10
www.KKJD1.etsy.com
http://farmgirlingastyle.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

Ms.Lilly
True Blue Farmgirl

826 Posts

Lillian
Scotts Mills OR
USA
826 Posts

Posted - Sep 02 2009 :  06:50:15 AM  Show Profile
Yesterday I noticed that the swallows are already gone. Usually they hang around through September. Even some of the maple trees are starting to change, I agree an early fall is a comin'.

Lillian
Go to Top of Page

dutchy
True Blue Farmgirl

4427 Posts

4427 Posts

Posted - Sep 02 2009 :  07:47:59 AM  Show Profile
Fall has come here too, starting today. Last night it rained and today as well. ore windy but not cold at all. Now the sun is out and later it will rain again. Tomorrow will be a REAL Fall day they say. Lots of wind and cool temps. YIKES!!

Hugs from Marian/Dutchy, a farmgirl from the Netherlands :)

My personal blog:
http://just-me-a-dutch-girl.blogspot.com/

Almost daily updates on me and mine :)
Go to Top of Page

chaddsgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

843 Posts

Sarah
Farmgirl Sisterhood #639 MO
USA
843 Posts

Posted - Sep 02 2009 :  07:49:35 AM  Show Profile
I've been wondering about this too. The summer was soooooo cool compared to the norm for this part of the country. And already just in the last week or so it's been cooling off to the low 50's and high 40's at night. Weird. I love Fall though, so I'm excited for an early one!

A person is a success if they get up in the morning and get to bed at night and in between does what they want to do. Bob Dylan
Go to Top of Page

LauriP
True Blue Farmgirl

239 Posts

Laurianne
Hertford North Carolina
USA
239 Posts

Posted - Sep 02 2009 :  07:57:33 AM  Show Profile
Ha! -- Diana, I have to agree with you -- isn't it weird, when in early spring we all jump up and down when it turns 70 -- even grabbing a chair and sitting out in the sun..

Then in September or October, when it's 70, we all say, "Boy, these temps are realy falling.."

Seems like we just can't make up our minds! --

And here the temps are dropping -- but later in the week it's going to be over 80 again..A roller coaster for sure!

(You should have seen me riding my bike against 15 mph winds yesterday..looked like the ol' lady just wasn't gonna make it!!)

Laurianne
Go to Top of Page

Hosanna
True Blue Farmgirl

466 Posts

Hosanna
Alton Virginia
466 Posts

Posted - Sep 02 2009 :  08:04:56 AM  Show Profile
What about "global warming", though? isn't it supposed to be getting hotter? I think global warming is a big crock, b/c it is way cool here in VA too, and has been relatively cool all summer. Not many days past 90.

www.happilyeverafterhosanna.blogspot.com
www.thewindofheaven.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - Sep 02 2009 :  08:16:43 AM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
I think Global Warming should be renamed Global Climate Change because it is more about climates changing from one norm to the other and the "Warming" part is misleading.

Alee
Farmgirl Sister #8
www.awarmheart.com
www.farmgirlalee.blogspot.com
www.allergyjourneys.blogspot.com
Put your pin on the farmgirl map! www.farmgirlmap.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

prairie_princess
True Blue Farmgirl

613 Posts

Elizabeth
Carpenter WY
USA
613 Posts

Posted - Sep 02 2009 :  09:47:53 AM  Show Profile
oh, don't get me started on global warming! if you havn't already, check out the article in this year's old farmer's almanac entitled "is global warming on the wane?". you can also read it on the OFA website... i think what they say makes sense. i liked the article so much, i used it as a reference in a research paper i did for college! ooh, speaking of the old farmer's almanac, it will be coming out soon! another sign of fall!

"Only two things that money can't buy, that's true love and homegrown tomatoes."
- Guy Clark

"The man who has planted a garden feels he has done something for the good of the world."
- Charles Dudley Warner
Go to Top of Page

Hosanna
True Blue Farmgirl

466 Posts

Hosanna
Alton Virginia
466 Posts

Posted - Sep 02 2009 :  10:27:01 AM  Show Profile
Yep, I agree. Climate change is a much better term. And it is perfectly normal. I was really just goofing.

www.happilyeverafterhosanna.blogspot.com
www.thewindofheaven.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

ruenietwoshoes
True Blue Farmgirl

90 Posts

Patricia
Thornton West Virginia
USA
90 Posts

Posted - Sep 11 2009 :  2:25:38 PM  Show Profile  Send ruenietwoshoes an AOL message  Click to see ruenietwoshoes's MSN Messenger address  Send ruenietwoshoes a Yahoo! Message
Well...here in West Virginia I think it's been extremely to wet and in all honesty I'm still trying to find summer...:( I believe fall is coming much to quick. In some parts of my state I've already seen leaves changing back at the end of July. JUST TO SOON! Also my dad this morning saw a ring around the moon which usually only happens in winter... for goodness sake it's STILL summer! A ring around the moon means one thing usually and that means snow here soon....I'm honestly not ready to start wearing my down jacket...but kinda excited cause i've lost enough weight to wear my old down jacket! :)

<3 Patricia
sister.daughter.lover.knitter.best friend.quilter.hand stitcher.a cook.a soon-to-be-nurse.animal lover.mountaineer.facebook junkie.and a new blogger.and a lover of God!

I'm only 21! :)

http://sweetsugarstitches.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Ga Girl
True Blue Farmgirl

2355 Posts

Karen
Meansville Ga.
USA
2355 Posts

Posted - Sep 11 2009 :  8:09:29 PM  Show Profile
We went out tonight to an outside auction and I was about to freeze! But Im not complaining because its my fav time of year! Blessings,Karen

Create in me a pure heart,O God and renew a steadfast spirit within me. Psalms 51:10
www.KKJD1.etsy.com
http://farmgirlingastyle.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page
  Weather Report: Previous Topic Early fall Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page