Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Barnyard Buddies
 Yet ANOTHER Golden Retriever
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Barnyard Buddies: Previous Topic Yet ANOTHER Golden Retriever Next Topic  

chaddsgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

843 Posts

Sarah
Farmgirl Sisterhood #639 MO
USA
843 Posts

Posted - Aug 31 2009 :  10:48:43 AM  Show Profile
O.K. so, some of you may be familiar with my propensity to collect dogs in need of care. Up until a couple of weeks ago DH and I had 3 golden retrievers and 3 mutts. All either given to us by someone who couldn't take care of them or dumped at our house by strangers. Fortunately we live in an area that can accomodate a large number of dogs. However, I've finally put my foot down. About 3 weeks ago someone dumped an older, pure bred FEMALE golden retriever at our house. She looked like she had recently weaned a litter of pups, but so far we are unable to locate them. This leads me to believe whoever dumped her at our house kept the puppies and just left her. She had a huge growth on her side, so we named her Maggie and took her to the vet. She is an absolutely charming little girl and I just love her, but we CANNOT TAKE ON ANY MORE DOGS!!!! We are at 7 now with Maggie, and I told DH that's it! You can hardly walk outside without being mobbed by furry faces and wagging tails.
Don't get me wrong, I absolutely love our dogs. And it has always been my philosophy that I would house or feed anyone or anything that shows up at my house in need of care. But I fear we will not be able to take good care of our animals if we continue to increase their number.
I really wish people would stop abandoning their animals. It makes me so angry, and the dogs/cats/horses/whatever, don't understand why no one wants them. Dogs especially are so faithful and they just sit sadly by the road waiting for the person who dumped them to come back and pick them up. It just breaks my heart.

A person is a success if they get up in the morning and get to bed at night and in between does what they want to do. Bob Dylan
  Barnyard Buddies: Previous Topic Yet ANOTHER Golden Retriever Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page